Tamiya Yamato 1/350 - 2013 78030 - Again?

sailorboy61

Had a search through the forum and this kit comes up a few times in its various guises.

I have the 78030 kit, which if Scalemates is correct is the same basis as 78031, however I'm thinking of doing a wooden deck, probably a must.

Looking around these are available for the various kit numbers, but the deck for 78030 is (obviously) more expensive, than others, apart from the fancy 78025.

Anyone any ideas on the differences between the sets, what will fit the 78030 kit and what wont?

Don't think I can stretch to the additional extras, either price wise or with my fat fingers!

cheers all

Hi,

As you may know, 78030 is the old tooling. 78025 is a completely new tooling, and retails for much more money.

White Ensign Models' Yamato set PE is for the old tooling. Pontos Model 35003F1 Detail Up set is designed for the new tooling.

Pontos Model wooden decks 35001WD1 and 35009WD1 (natural wood and coal black respectively) fit the old tool kit. 35029 fits the new tool kit.

HTH :)

• Like 1

Hi,

As you may know, 78030 is the old tooling. 78025 is a completely new tooling, and retails for much more money.

White Ensign Models' Yamato set PE is for the old tooling. Pontos Model 35003F1 Detail Up set is designed for the new tooling.

Pontos Model wooden decks 35001WD1 and 35009WD1 (natural wood and coal black respectively) fit the old tool kit. 35029 fits the new tool kit.

HTH :)

Thank you, will be in touch with the shop.