Sally-B interior

logical

Does anyone have any shots of the inside of the Sally-B as she is now? I've got a B-17G in the stash along with a set of Sally-B/Memphis Belle decals. But I can't find any pictures of her insides.

Does anyone have any shots of the inside of the Sally-B as she is now?.... But I can't find any pictures of her insides.

Oooh errr missus.

I'm not sure Sally's that kind of girl. The Sally B I knew definitely wasn't - worst luck!

Buggerit. I'll have a look around my pixs, but another thought. If you're at a Duxford airshow, become a member for the day and you get to go inside - then you can get the shots you know you need

You probably already found these few pictures http://95thbg-horham.com/wordpress/sally-b/

You could head over to the UKAR website as there's quite a few photographers hang out there and ask the question http://forums.airshows.co.uk/

Unfortunately I've never been on board Sally B, though I've got plenty of picture of the inside of the Collings Foundation B-17 & B-24 if you ever model those!

Edited by Tbolt

I went inside her once from what i remember she's painted green throughout for anti corrosion purpose's,can't comment on the nose as we weren't allowed past the cockpit on the day for some reason..

Edit: If you do Facebook the quite afew interior shots in the pictures section on the B-17 SALLY B Supporters Group.

Edited by mungo1974

I've done the tour a couple of times. As Mungo say's, she's painted throughout with a lot of anti-slip if I remember rightly. The top turret wasn't there, just the turret perspex, a bit like an astrodome with no turret mechanism, No bomb sight either. The last time I got to look around, the earlier Stinger tail was in the process of being prepared for fitting for the film. This had been quite well equipped with ammo boxes and most of the correct details. There wasn't any armour plate on the pilots seats either. I did have some photos, but I would need to find them.

I've got plans to do my HK 1/32 B-17 as Sally B circa 1983 (We'll Meet Again scheme). I can only imagine that the interior was even more sparse then!

Regards;

Steve

Ok got bored...since i plan on building Sally B myself oneday i saved afew images off the FB page i mentioned earlier.

Looks like she's been painted British Interior Green through out rather than the bare aluminum and Dark Bronze Green Cockpit area a WW2 Fortress would have had.

http://s5.photobucket.com/user/mungo1974/library/sally?sort=3&page=1

Hope these help with your model Logical B)

• Like 1