DIY Photo light booth from IKEA SKUBB Laundry hampers.

BrianI

Here is my attempt at converting a pair of IKEA Skubb Laundry hampers into a photographic light box:

Firs of all, a pair of IKEA Skubb laundry hampers:

27801236173_ed8bd88c82_c.jpg

Cut the front and back panel out of one hamper, and the front only from the other:

28134460740_5588d14040_c.jpg

27800175604_09309ef31e_c.jpg

Assemble using clothes pegs, and use white paper for the back drop.

28134460680_b04c64fe8d_c.jpg

Testing the booth:

28312406472_03a3568178.jpg

Still a bit of tidying up to do, as well as remove the second layer of material from the other side panel. Rather than use the paper as the back drop, I may try and source some different coloured material (white, grey, and blue) to give me the option of different colour backdrops. I may also try and get some brighter lights for lighting the booth.

However not bad for an hours work and two £9 Ikea laundry hampers. Best thing is, remove the clothes pegs, and the hampers fold down for easy storage!

Edited by BrianI
  • Like 5

Yes I like this, great idea.

A great model can be ruined by rubbish pics and decent pics can elevate a mediocre build to the next level. Photography is where its at...

I still just using the kitchen worktop at the moment for my pics :(

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I must admit  I still havent really used the light booth yet, as i'm finding it a bit too wibbly wobbly for my liking.  Plus the metal framework at the sides seem to cast shadows...  So rather than spend any more time on this, I may just buy a photo studio light box thing with lights, seeing as I have a couple of Am@zon vouchers going spare.....