what scifi stuff has the postman delivered to you today?

I like to weather down exposed metals so using actual metal bells would be wasted on me...

I will defiantly be getting one of these kits- I have the larger R2 Eagle kit but no room to display it when completed... 

Edited by Richard Baker
  • Like 1

Here's a quick comparison between the venerable 1970's Airfix kit and the new 1/72 version. Notwithstanding the superior shape and detail you can see that the new kit is considerably larger and larger than the WARP resin and Product Enterprise Eagles. 

IMG_1894

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Ben Brown said:

@Nocoolname, I picked up the new 1/72 Eagle a couple of days ago. What a great-looking kit! I can't wait to start it.

Ben

Please post some of your progress photos!- I have been trying to talk myself into getting one for myself but I already have the R2 Large Eagle (unbuilt) and a Product Enterprises one...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ben Brown said:

@Nocoolname, I picked up the new 1/72 Eagle a couple of days ago. What a great-looking kit! I can't wait to start it.

Ben

Nice one Ben! It's great isn't it? My five remain on the shelf for the time being. Paragrafix are to release a PE set for this kit so I'm waiting on that and will be reworking some of the parts I designed for my own Eagle several years back so they can be included with one of my kits, such as interiors for the CM, walkways and passenger pod. I'm really hoping R2 bring out the cargo and science pod variants. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Richard Baker said:

Please post some of your progress photos!- I have been trying to talk myself into getting one for myself but I already have the R2 Large Eagle (unbuilt) and a Product Enterprises one...

Since when has having a 'stash' put us off from buying more? What's wrong with you? Give that wallet some exercise! :D

• Haha 1

I’m planning to go ahead and start it soon. I still have some other projects I’m trying to drag across the finish line, but the Eagle is going to be too tempting to save until later. I’ll definitely post pics when I start it.

Ben

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I was VERY pleased to blag this off eBay last week which arrived a couple of days ago

DSC_3932.JPG

I built one originally back in the 90s but it was rubbish as it was the first model I'd built since a teenager and didn't have the skill, tools or paints to do it justice! This time however... whenever however is, that is!

• Like 7

When I got my liberator I was impressed that they had put all the outrigger parts on just  one sprue and had included  3 of that one sprue .it was the first time I had ever seen this simple idea used in a kitset ....(and I often wonder if it was the first kit to do this ) 

• Like 1

Some good arrivals up there! I also acquired the re-released Saber Tiger a month or so ago, I always wanted the battery one as a kid and I think the HMM version is a good update.

The Liger DCS-J looks cool as well.

Cheers,

Will

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Won this on ebay and received this just a couple of weeks ago, before things turned bad. Seems a lot longer ago now.

The Japanese AMT(Platz) release of the Enterprise B. At least the box looks nice!

Keith

Enterprise B Box

Edited by saturnapollo
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Rey Speeder

I received this Hot Wheels Rey’s Speeder from Amazon. I’m a bit sad that there isn’t a kit version of this (or the Razor Crest) Planning to make it look a bit more realistic. I’ll get a wip going soon.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2020 at 7:21 PM, Schwarz-Brot said:

Happy birthday, happy bunny! Finally a booth with decent lighting

Very impressed with the lights. 

On a bit a role this week as this arrived today, resin 3d printed and posted to me, fhe file is on Thingiverse. He looks to fit nicely into the 75mm figure size. 

IMG-20200515-132434.jpg

Edited by rockpopandchips
  • Like 3