This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

TimMather

what scifi stuff has the postman delivered to you today?

I see your Plan 9 saucer and add a bit of 50's Sci-fi Goodness. :)

qtIEkL.jpg

Posted (edited)

This chap

48497623872_3b0ac8fbae_c.jpg

I stumbled across it on Ebay and I don't know why you would call it a "Prussian God of War" other than to avoid any problems with "Nazi" associations? It reminds me of the computer game "Caste Wolfenstein" and the "Nazi Super Soldiers" that you fight within that game. Genetically modified super-soldiers/zombies armed with preposterously bulky weaponry. It was delivered from China only this morning. It is made of resin so that will be a first for me. If the moulding is as fine as the illustration suggests it should look very nice. Nominally 1/35th or 50mm scale.

It is pencilled in for the "Film, Fictional and Speculative GB" and I won't open it until I start the GB.

Edit: Just noticed it is from a series of "German women's soldiers"? Is that a grocer's apostrophe? Is it supposed to be a "lady" super soldier? Doesn't look very feminine and I noticed some of the other models were more of the "spotty teenager's fantasy" type and definitely female! So many questions! Watch the GB in September!

Edited by Rumblestripe

On 11/27/2018 at 1:40 PM, Nocoolname said:

I see your Federation starships and I'll raise you a 1/350 Klingon K'Tinga

IMG_0817

Once my vomiting bug has died down I'll start work on designing the mods I need to build this as the Q'onos One from The Undiscovered Country.

Picked up a second lighting kit that you see on the right for a silly price but this one will be used to light my 1/1400 Valdore!

I finally got a Jager to add to my collection of Zoids kits.

MVIMG_20190812_221342-L.jpg

Kotobukiya is re-issuing the Red Sabre later this year so once that's out, I'll have most of the ones I want. 

Just had delivered from the states, from JT Graphics the DLM Photo etch for Quonos one as in Star Trek the undiscovered country.

The detail is exquisite, cant wait to slot this build in, have my K'Tinga waiting in the wings.

All the best Chris