what scifi stuff has the postman delivered to you today?

On 11/30/2017 at 7:29 PM, FG2Si said:

I picked up another Zoids kit to add to the stash. 

20171130_172314-L.jpg

I've wanted one of these for a while and this one came up at a great price. 

Carl

I'm super jealous. Love the art, with all those flaming Shield Ligers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kallisti said:

Picked this up last week, very pleased to have one in the collection, so much so I've already started building it!

DSC_9309_001.JPG

Now that is a classic one! I did not even know there were kits of them. Where did you get this one?

Robert

• Like 1

eBay - there are two versions available, the TV version as above and Movie version. This is an injection moulded kit and there is another kit that is a vac-form by a company called Sevans which are larger, 1:5 scale instead of 1:8 scale like this one.

7 hours ago, Kallisti said:

Picked this up last week, very pleased to have one in the collection, so much so I've already started building it!

DSC_9309_001.JPG

Blimey Kallisti , now that's a very rare vintage beasty indeed sir. Kudos and nice one, can we all look forward to your usual  brilliant WIP on this chap?    

19 minutes ago, Kallisti said:

eBay - there are two versions available, the TV version as above and Movie version. This is an injection moulded kit and there is another kit that is a vac-form by a company called Sevans which are larger, 1:5 scale instead of 1:8 scale like this one.

Thanks Kallisti, I'll go and have a look at it. I just noticed you started a building thread on this which I will follow closely!

Robert

1 hour ago, picard said:

Blimey Kallisti , now that's a very rare vintage beasty indeed sir. Kudos and nice one, can we all look forward to your usual  brilliant WIP on this chap?    

I started it this afternoon :)

22 hours ago, Kallisti said:

DSC_9309_001.JPG

That is totally awesome!- never knew a kit existed, let alone in a decent scale.

(There was a NuWho model 'Daleks Take Manhattan', but it was rather small.)

33 minutes ago, FG2Si said:

Probably the most expensive IM kit I've ever purchased.

20171206_142147-L.jpg

Haven't even opened it yet. Hopefully tonight after the boys are asleep I'll get a chance to go through it. 

Carl

You are killing me dude. Another amazing kit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FG2Si said:

Probably the most expensive IM kit I've ever purchased.

20171206_142147-L.jpg

Haven't even opened it yet. Hopefully tonight after the boys are asleep I'll get a chance to go through it. 

Carl

Mine arrived today, had a quick look and very impressive.

The lights that come with it need some work!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, FG2Si said:

I read that on RPF so perhaps we can look forward to you working your magic and correcting that deficiency?

Carl

Already thinking of what to do and whether I can make it IR controlled! 😀

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

What's in the box?

What's in the box?

Is it exciting-stuff?

What's in the box?

39073582222_60df7451cf_k.jpg

Spoiler

It's Zakus!

39073581712_85b89ff46e_k.jpg

Left to right (ish)

1/72   MechanicsModel Cutaway Zaku II

1/144 Psycommu-Zaku

1/100 MSV Zaku II

HGUC EWAC-Zak

HGTO Zaku Half-Cannon

HGTO Zaku II C/C5

MG     Zaku II 1.0

A whole lotta Zaku-love.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

An impressive haul.

That should keep you busy for a while.

The cutaway looks cool.

It's more likely to keep the loft insulated, than me busy, but such is the life of a hoard...I mean modeller. The cutaway is pretty cool despite its age (1983 release) I've been after one for a while, Bandai seems to rebox them every four years or so and they're only about £15. They come with a lighting set too, though it's very rudimentary and doesn't even come with LEDs. It's going to require a lot of work though.

• Like 1

On 06/12/2017 at 4:50 PM, Thud4444 said:

You are killing me dude. Another amazing kit. 

There's been some decent deals on eBay lately for Zoids which  means I'm sorry to kick you while you're down as this arrived today :)

20171221_125459-L.jpg

That and a second PG Millenium Falcon kit. I didn't cancel my pre-order in time and it shipped. Which means my model fund is pretty much depleted for the next six months. Or I find a better paying job. 

Carl

• Like 1

No idea where to post this so sticking here.

This is my early Christmas present to myself, in an effort to take better WIP pictures i bought the cheep light box from china and for just over a fiver im very happy with it. 

Its a simple flexible plastic box with magnets to hold the sides together and this one came with a white and black dackdrop that are held in place by two simple hooks on the back of the box. The light come from a strip of LED's powered by a USB cable.its only about 25cm square but should be good for most WIP pictures.

A few sample photos using my LG G3 phone.

20171222_134155.jpg

20171222_134623_1.jpg

20171222_134549_1.jpg

• Like 5