what scifi stuff has the postman delivered to you today?

• 4 weeks later...

Another from the same order has arrived but this one from a different vendor 

Death Trooper

also different here is the model has been stripped from the sprues and assembled, the original owner also did a little questionable dry brushing. I’ll be stripping this one back down to component parts, cleaning and painting. Just got a sand trooper to come now and I have all the ones I’m wanting (for now in all likelihood). I just need to retire so that I can actually spend time building anything😁

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Nocoolname said:

1/72 Space 1999 Eagle 4 with Lab Pod and Spine Booster 

IMG_1238

I can't help thinking that Gerry Anderson would be delighted that his TV shows are still being enjoyed and celebrated after so many years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Uncle Monty said:

I can't help thinking that Gerry Anderson would be delighted that his TV shows are still being enjoyed and celebrated after so many years.

Indeed! It’s been a while since I watched it but I always wanted an accurate 1/72 kit of the iconic ships and this is another I can finally scratch off the list. All I need now is for Round 2 to (hopefully) release  a 1/72 version of the Cargo Eagle and then my set is complete. Especially since I also have the 1/1 scale Comlock and Stun Gun… pew… pew…! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kallisti said:

Got this on order from the USA since every UK retailer is saying Mid-Feb before its available.

Will be interesting to compare it to the 22" kit :D

That’s where I got mine. 

As for comparison with the 22” kit I’m guessing this will be… smaller…? 

😜

• Haha 1

One of these is definitely going on my wish list. Had a die cast one as a kid that I loved to bits and took a serious hammering, my mate had one that winched down containers using a magnetic grapple - man I was jealous!

hopefully you will have a build thread that I can follow!

On 1/30/2023 at 6:41 PM, Nocoolname said:

1/72 Space 1999 Eagle 4 with Lab Pod and Spine Booster 

IMG_1238

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Chief Smeg said:

One of these is definitely going on my wish list. Had a die cast one as a kid that I loved to bits and took a serious hammering, my mate had one that winched down containers using a magnetic grapple - man I was jealous!

hopefully you will have a build thread that I can follow!

Build threads are a jinx for me. Whenever I start one up the kit barely progresses never mind gets completed. So I keep what little building I do under the radar until it’s almost done then I’ll Jack-in-a-box with photos and then a ‘ready for inspection’. The above is a rare purchase for me having shed most of my stash over the last year. I’m very slowly and stealthily working through my shelf of doom.

As for the Eagle, I also remember the die cast toys with fondness. Made by Dinky, I had a few. I eventually managed to get hold of the winch version just so I could swap in the passenger pod since it was the only version to be painted white, all the others were a psychedelic metallic green or blue. 

I also had a few of the Airfix Eagles (still have one unmade). Most of which went on to suffer an ‘Alan Carter landing’. 

I was delighted when Round 2 launched their 1/72 series which are beautifully accurate. I really hope they’ll ‘Round off’ the fleet with the Cargo Eagle. Might even inspire me enough to build my launch pad kit 🙄

• Like 1

Mine arrived on Tuesday and yesterday I finished the Joe 90 car... hmmmm I wonder what to build next...

14 hours ago, Nocoolname said:

It’s probably forlorn but I hope they release a turned metal engine and booster set for this 🙄

I'm sure Mike Reader will produce a set, but you are then looking at at least the cost of the kit again and probably more. Not worth it.

Edited by Kallisti
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks to @shortCummins, I'm even more broke than usual :cry::

spacer.png

My son loves the AT-RT for some reason, and he's re-watching the Clone Wars at the moment.  I think they're silly-looking when they walk, and you'd probably get quite sick riding on one :puke:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 New goodies arrived yesterday, coming from Asia. Both from the good old times of Stop-Motion Animation.

First is the CAIN Model Kit from Robocop 2 (1990). Manufacturer: GoodSmile Company. No Scale information on the box but the finished Figure should be around 22 cm high.

spacer.png

Comes with a lot of sprues, cables, decals and some special parts (pre-assembled joints), molded in dark gray PS.

spacer.png

The second one is another Vinyl Kit from the Ray Harryhausen Line from chinese manufacturer Star Ace Toys. From the movie Clash of the Titans (1981). No scale information here as well. The final figue will be around 32 cm high and 54 cm long.

spacer.png

Box full of green Vinyl Pieces (greetings from Kermit) and a few parts made from resin.

spacer.png

Not the cheapest Kit on this planet, anybody interested in this should hurry up because this is a limited edition of 400 pieces, status today: Still available directly from the manufacturer.

Edited by Reelyator
typo
  • Like 3

Cain kit looks good. Would love to know if you get the monitor attachment for the face with the decals of the face?

Do you also get a little canister of Nuke🤣.

• Haha 1

On 24/03/2023 at 02:08, Pilgrim_UK said:

Cain kit looks good. Would love to know if you get the monitor attachment for the face with the decals of the face?

Do you also get a little canister of Nuke🤣.

....Agree with you! I should have raised a complain a my dealer that they forgot to add the "good stuff";-)

Btw. these are the decals, that come with the kit:

spacer.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2023 at 11:28 AM, Reelyator said:

2 New goodies arrived yesterday, coming from Asia. Both from the good old times of Stop-Motion Animation.

First is the CAIN Model Kit from Robocop 2 (1990). Manufacturer: GoodSmile Company. No Scale information on the box but the finished Figure should be around 22 cm high.

spacer.png

Comes with a lot of sprues, cables, decals and some special parts (pre-assembled joints), molded in dark gray PS.

spacer.png

The second one is another Vinyl Kit from the Ray Harryhausen Line from chinese manufacturer Star Ace Toys. From the movie Clash of the Titans (1981). No scale information here as well. The final figue will be around 32 cm high and 54 cm long.

spacer.png

Box full of green Vinyl Pieces (greetings from Kermit) and a few parts made from resin.

spacer.png

Not the cheapest Kit on this planet, anybody interested in this should hurry up because this is a limited edition of 400 pieces, status today: Still available directly from the manufacturer.

My Cain kit arrived today. It'll go nicely with the ED-209 from Moderoid. 

I also had a dragon kit arrive into he same shipment. 

PXL_20230405_205315693-L.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FG2Si said:

My Cain kit arrived today. It'll go nicely with the ED-209 from Moderoid. 

I also had a dragon kit arrive into he same shipment. 

PXL_20230405_205315693-L.jpg

Didn't even know that was a thing, sort of tempted to get one myself but it seems to me that it looks quite different from what I remember the Anime/Classic Card looking like.

• Thanks 1

On 4/6/2023 at 7:37 AM, TheVoidDragon said:

Didn't even know that was a thing, sort of tempted to get one myself but it seems to me that it looks quite different from what I remember the Anime/Classic Card looking like.

I didn't know it was from an anime series when I ordered it. My son has a dragon model from a different company. It's more the traditional Chinese dragon in looks so I thought this would be a nice compliment.