what scifi stuff has the postman delivered to you today?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Some well protected Resin Kit arrived today:

spacer.png

...This is the W.A.S.P. Insectoid from Keos Masons. I had the Re-Casted 10´´version from GK-Models on my stash for a while. See next picture for size comparison:

spacer.png

I am well aware that the business model of Re-Casters like E2046 or GK-Models is at least "questionable". But to my defense: When i bought it the original was simply not available anywere with no indication of a Re-Issue given.

spacer.png

Now that the original is available again i could not resist getting me the 15´´ Version. The Details on this figure are AMAZING!

spacer.png

This will be so much fun for weathering and washes.....

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

I like the Regult, It's an odd looking thing, but the shape has appeal. I'd just like one in a bigger scale.

The Gluag is my favourite Zentraedi mech but I couldn't pass on an up to date Regult kit. 

It's surprisingly large in 1/72. I wasn't expecting it to be as big as it is. 

• Like 1

Nice!

I was not aware that there is another manufacturer - beside Moebius - is offering a Batman Tumbler.

For curiosity: Why did you choose the Bandai Version and not the one from Moebius (larger, cheaper)?

Edited by Reelyator
typo
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Reelyator said:

Nice!

I was not aware that there is another manufacturer - beside Moebius - is offering a Batman Tumbler.

For curiosity: Why did you choose the Banda Version and not the one from Moebius (larger, cheaper)?

Thanks!

I haven't seen the Moebius kit in a while except for the Bane version or I would have bought that. The larger size would have been nice.

17 hours ago, FG2Si said:

...I haven't seen the Moebius kit in a while except for the Bane version or I would have bought that....

The Moebius Kit with the Bane Figure (Moebius Article #967) contains all parts required to build  both versions: Either the "normal" Batman Tumbler from Parts 1 and 2 as well as Bane´s Version with Rocket Launcher seen in The Dark Knight Rises.

I would be curious to see some direct comparisons between the Bandai and the Moebius Version. Moebius is probably not on the same level of Details and Precission like Bandai but of course the size also needs to be taken into consideration.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Reelyator said:

The Moebius Kit with the Bane Figure (Moebius Article #967) contains all parts required to build  both versions: Either the "normal" Batman Tumbler from Parts 1 and 2 as well as Bane´s Version with Rocket Launcher seen in The Dark Knight Rises.

Thanks! I didn't know it had all the parts in it. I might just have to pick one up. My LHS had a couple in stock so maybe the next time I'm out there I'll grab one. 

These two from Atlantis models. TR-3E Triangular UFO & Earth vs The Flying Saucers with Backdrop.

https://atlantis-models.com/tr-3e-ufo-with-base-5-inch-series-plastic-model-kit/

https://atlantis-models.com/earth-vs-the-flying-saucers-plastic-model-kit-with-backdrop/

• Like 1

On the subject of Bandai kits (specifically thinking of the Tumbler) has anyone bought direct from Japan recently? I understand that Customs duties are now on items valued above £130, is that right?

3 hours ago, ElectricLightAndy said:

I'd love to see what the plastic looks like inside 'the batman' kit. Didn't know bandai did any of these, the moebius tumbler is excellent BTW.

Cheers,

Andy.

I opened the box up and took a look. 

PXL_20220427_183544235.MP-600x450.jpg

PXL_20220427_183639523-600x450.jpg

PXL_20220427_183703475.MP-600x450.jpg

The tires are in vinyl. 

PXL_20220427_183730762-600x450.jpg

PXL_20220427_183753734-600x450.jpg

PXL_20220427_183806047-600x450.jpg

PXL_20220427_183849779-600x450.jpg

PXL_20220427_183910856-600x450.jpg

Hope that helps. Looks like if you leave the roof off you can do a convertible.:lol:

Carl

• Like 1

On 4/27/2022 at 8:50 PM, FG2Si said:

I opened the box up and took a look.

Wow, that is actually very impressive, especially for 1/35 scale, thanks.

Andy.

Edit. I couldn't stomach the price, especially when It doesn't match the scale of any of the other bat related vehicles I have, I purchased a 1/24(?) Jada diecast, may do a repaint on it but looks pretty good tbh.

Edited by ElectricLightAndy
  • Like 1

Talking about Batman:

I could have sworn that there was a model kit of "The Bat" from THE DARK KNIGHT RISES by Moebius Models. But checking their website and Scalemates it seems that i am mistaken.

Does anybode happen to know something about a "The Bat" Model Kit?? I mean the flying ......thing whatsoever from the Nolan Trilogy, not the Batwing from BvS: DoJ

On 4/27/2022 at 7:19 PM, Rumblestripe said:

On the subject of Bandai kits (specifically thinking of the Tumbler) has anyone bought direct from Japan recently? I understand that Customs duties are now on items valued above £130, is that right?

I had an order delivered about 3 weeks ago from HLJ that came out to about £120-ish and I didn't have to pay customs on it.  I thought I just got away with it for once (it does happen, I once had a DVD boxset worth £250 come in without a fee).  On the flip side however, I had to get it shipped by FedEx as EMS isn't shipping out to the UK right now.  I've got 4 figures coming soon that cost me £130-ish each.  I will let you know how much I get stung for when they come in.

Kind regards,

Dazz

• Thanks 1

Someone posted up a ship from Crusher Joe, the anime for which I subsequently watched, and then picked up the kits :owww:

Cordoba (baddies)

spacer.png

Minerva (Joe's ship)

spacer.png

Fighter 1

spacer.png

I've got the other twin-prong red ship on the way, but it hasn't landed yet.  I wasn't all that enamoured with the anime (I usually find it a let-down), but I liked the designs of the ships. :shrug:

• Like 5

Great shopping choices, Mike, and I agree that the movie is nothing to write home about; but the designs still stand out today IMO.

Note that you can use the sprue from the Fighter 1 canopy to make cockpit windows for the Minerva:

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Electric Indigo said:

Great shopping choices, Mike, and I agree that the movie is nothing to write home about; but the designs still stand out today IMO.

Note that you can use the sprue from the Fighter 1 canopy to make cockpit windows for the Minerva:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Good tip, thanks :yes: