what scifi stuff has the postman delivered to you today?

9 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Doyusha Gerry Andersen big Stingray.

I built one of those a few years back, basic kit and a bit dodgy shape-wise but builds up to  look like Stingray

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Scale Spacecraft Modelling" by Mat Irvine, courtesy of Mr Amazon. Brilliant book, full of info about modelling techniques in general and space models in particular. My one and only claim to fame is that my friends lived next door to him and they got to see the real K9.

• Like 1

I found this old Halcyon APC from Aliens (1986) for a reasonable price on Ebay Small Adds. It was already partially started (some parts removed from the sprues but nothing glued or painted yet) but that was ok for me.

spacer.png

The Eggs and Marine Figures wre ordered separately. Those are from a small company named PHEBUS CREATION. Not the best quality casting but i found it hard to find any suitable figures at all...

If anybody here knows sources for 1/35 scale Alien Figures, Cheast Busters, Face Huggers etc. then just let me know!

• Like 7

Nice find!

Can you show the figures out of the packaging? I'm wondering if they are recasts of the AEF figures which make hens teeth look common!

I finally got round to building mine last year using the AEF figures and with scratch built interior

DSC_3644.JPG

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Kallisti said:

....Can you show the figures out of the packaging?

...sure. Here you got.

spacer.png

Like already said, far away from top notch. But currently the only option i could find at a reasonable price. One of the Vasquez Figures from AEF Design on Ebay cost as much as i have paid for the whole APC (incl. shipment). wich is far beyond good and evil imho.

Nice Build btw.! The Scratch Build interirior is impressive👍

I was also thinking about opening the door but not sure if i will dare to go that far.....

• Like 1

The re-released 1/48th weathering decals for the 22” Eagle Transporter popped through my letterbox this morning.

Blimey, there sure are a lot of decals, four sheets in all and enough for at least two Eagles I’d say.

I got them from Tony at Timeless Hobbies.

Graham

• Like 2

Considering myself something like a Movie Nerd i must admit that i never had DRAGON Models on the radar as a licensed (!) manufacturer of model kits from the MCU. But then i stumbled across one of their Iron Man build videos on YouTube. Then looking through their website i realized there is even more......

Here they are: Groot Rocket and Spacelord from Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)....one of the coolest MCU Movies imho.

spacer.png

The figures are in 1/9 scale, a bit small for my personal taste but as much as i know, there is no alternative. Too sad that nobody has ever released a Drax, Gamora, Nebula or Mantis figure....

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Dave said:

.... Produced by Dynamic Digital Creations. Image courtesy of DDC  

...wow, what a giant. Thank you for sharing. Never heard of that guy before.....some more candidates to add to my "Wanna-Have-kit-List"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Reelyator said:

...wow, what a giant. Thank you for sharing. Never heard of that guy before.....some more candidates to add to my "Wanna-Have-kit-List"

The scale is 1/1930.

This is a pic from the DDC Facebook page. A prototype of the final product, some of the parts are loosely fitted together

FB_IMG_1631439742336

Edited by Dave
  • Like 2

...these came in over the last week, Some more Kits from Dragon Models. They have a huuuuge range of Iron Man Suits from Iron Man (2008) up to the Mark 42 from Iron Man 3 (2013). Dragon manufactured these Kits between 2012 and 2014. HLJ display them as "Discontinued". Some are already Sold out completely.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

...to be continued. I will post some Pictures of "What is inside" later

• Like 2

The Iron Man Suits from Drago are much closer to "Model Kits" than the "Guardians" (see above) and the Superman Figure wich seem to be made from Vinyl.

This is the Igor Armor.....not more than 15 seconds of screen time during Iron Man 3 (2013) but still i nice looking kit.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Before opening the box i was not aware that the Mark XXI "MIdas" comes in Gold plated Plastic,....

spacer.png

This will be interesting, never worked with such a material before. I am curious to see how this comes out, when you treat the gold-shining parts with Candy Colours to add some variation to the armor.

• Like 1

Ayup All...

Not today, but a month ago or so. The Airfix ‘Snap ‘n’ Glue’ Orion spacecraft from 2001. Two days ago I received my Space station from said film and the Valley forge from ‘Silent Running’ but in paper as my SIG is multi media. I’m gonna buy the fantastic plastic Space station in a coupla days. However, I just looked at the picture posting requisites and just couldn’t be bothered. I think you know what they all look like LOL

Edited by Fea

I forgot, of course a large 3D printed multi part Blake’s Seven ‘Liberator’ too, with electric wires and lights and everything that I got off a mate. His 1/32 Alien Dropship is too big though. I’d need a new house to keep it in LOL. And a mate scored me the Revell Kazon ship from a boot sale an hour ago...

• 1 month later...

Not exactly a delivery by the postie, more unearthed in my parents' loft as they prepare to downsize. My Sevans Cyberman and Cyber Controller kits, partially built to varying degrees (and somewhat dubious workmanship). Probably last worked on when I was around 15. I'll clear some of the current builds, then start a proper WIP for them.

James

FyY79ps.jpg

EGG3KRB.jpg

Ulc7q0g.jpg

• Like 3