what scifi stuff has the postman delivered to you today?

16 hours ago, FG2Si said:

I had a couple of kaiju arrive in the mail yesterday....

Carl

Nice!

I love those classical Kaiju Movies from the Showa Era. But i also like newer Stuff. Unfortunately it seems that no manufacturer has ever issued model Kits of the Monsterverse Kaijus, esp. The Muto or the 2019 Ghidora. ....Not to talk about the 2021 Mecha Godzillaq;-) Any idea were to get??

• Thanks 1

Yeah, I haven't seen any kits for the Legendary Kaiju. There's been some pre-finished figures by Bandai but only Godzilla and Ghidorah. 

Still waiting for Godzilla vs Kong to be released. 

17 hours ago, FG2Si said:

Still waiting for Godzilla vs Kong to be released. 

Saw the clip at the cinema today. Not sure about seeing this movie.

On 3/16/2021 at 1:29 PM, Kallisti said:

It can be sprayed but I'm not sure what is best to thin it with, but I usual brush it with a soft wide brush

I thin Liquid Decal Film with ethanol-based Surgical Spirit / Rubbing Alcohol, a 50:50 mix of decal film liquid to ethanol. Works well.

• Like 2

On 3/12/2021 at 11:52 AM, Rob998 said:

A delivery from Printed Planes! 

Another MCRN Corvette, which will become the MCRN Tachi, and the Razorback. 

spacer.png

A question for those that have ordered from Printed Planes. Did you receive an order acknowledgement?

I placed an order through their web site a few weeks back but have heard nothing from them. Is this normal? I began to have doubts that I had actually hit the 'submit' button at the time of ordering. So I sent a message through their web site asking if they could confirm that they've received an order from me. Still no reply.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I saw this kit elsewhere and I think its an utterly barmy but brilliant alternative to yet another German Tank kit :)

Now I am know for bulding strange and unusual subject but even this is a bit too weird for me, but I like the idea!

• Like 1

On 24/05/2021 at 12:34, rockpopandchips said:

.... Not sure if this is wrong place...

...Cup Noodles from Ban Dai? This MUST be Sci-Fi! You are perfectly right here!

• Like 1

Notice the warning on the box!...”Do not eat!”. not something you see on your typical model box.

Does it come with an aroma packet? Just imagine the smell of cup noodle in your display area 24/7.

Edited by Bejay53
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/4/2021 at 3:44 PM, Mike said:

I've barely the time to keep up with the stuff coming in as it is, without reviewing my own Christmas Present! :lol: Safe to say, you could wear it as a hat with a bit of fiddling, although a helmet would probably be cheaper :yes:

Looks like your lad is already doing it! 😁

I saw this kit (the 2001 Space Pod) in Wonderland Models on Monday when I went in to collect my 1/350 Discovery, and it's been calling to me ever since. Today I took the plunge and ordered it on Amazon (thirty quid cheaper). So any hints and tips from you, Mike, would be much appreciated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

So any hints and tips from you, Mike, would be much appreciated

You're funny! :lol: Like I'll ever get round to actually building it! :mental:

• Haha 2

I just got the moebius moon bus. Was on sale and I’ve been wanting to add this to my stash. Now,…should I pay as much as I did for the kit to get the photo etch set?

i built the Orion clipper late last year.

Edited by Bejay53

Best photoetch set:

https://www.paragrafix.biz/product_detail.asp?PPartNum=PGX127

Personally I think the biggest issue with the kit is the forward "shoulder thrusters" which are just general hollow shapes as given. They arexsupposed to have thrusters in the open areas and vertical surfaces. The back of the Moonbus is missing thrusters also. Paragrafix made a wonderful correction set in resin which I bought, I just checked and he is releasing an updated one with improved parts being consolidated.  Not out now but if you contact they can give you more info.

https://www.paragrafix.biz/product_detail.asp?PPartNum=PGX128

Stargazer made a full interior resin set, turns out the kit is very wrong. It was available through Starship Modeler but no longer seems listed. I am hoping it will be available elsewhere soon

https://www.google.com/search?q=stargazer+2001+moonbus+interior&oq=stargazer+2001+moonbus+interior&aqs=chrome..69i57.20862j1j4&client=tablet-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

So I had a back payment from my last job and I decided to treat myself to some bits from Japan.  You might be here a while... A few of these I have bought last year but only just posting here.

51309651236_7c381dc503_b.jpg51308908257_b9f5aa630f_b.jpg51309850988_ea24c12c53_b.jpg

I'm including the F-14A Kai+ as thats from Macross.  It was cheaper to buy the actual model than the knock off decals from China.  Go figure...

51308908552_286434d2c6_b.jpg

I'm not usually a fan of "CAG" birds, but I like this one, but there is a low-vis scheme in the kit also.

51309851453_eebd6acf48_b.jpg

Thinking of building this into a Wild Weasel/Recon type.  Don't know yet.

51309851403_b753768060_b.jpg

I bought this for the decals, but I might build it as Fokker's bird one day.

51309851383_ca8e4ee527_b.jpg

I have a thing for the EW Valkyries for some reason, this one is cool and kinda reminds me of the Yukikaze.

51308908797_2b9045d224_b.jpg

I needed to add an clean Messiah to the list right?  I will probably be doing the one in the back ground with the cows skull.

51310373714_415d8d5e2f_b.jpg

This is a show I have been watching recently and loved it so much I purchased the light novels which are also good.  It's a really brutal show and am looking forward to the 2nd series in October.  I might get some more and make a diaorama, it screams to be heavily weathered.  Don't think I am brave enough to attempt the mini Valdilena Milize though.

51309851068_239ab144fe_b.jpg

This is one of my grails, as far as I know, the VF-4 is only in Macross Flashback 2012 but it's a cool design.

51309880038_28e10b864c_b.jpg

Kaname is one of my favourites from Macross Delta, I had to get this.

51310652075_3be8bce804_b.jpg

Another one of my grails, I saw this on an auction site in Japan and won it, I love the colours in this and Mikumo's voice (sung by Junna) is amazing, hard to believe that she was singing for this show when she was 14.  Even if I can't fully understand the lyrics.

51309681571_e2038d3890_b.jpg

I had been after this one for near on 20 years when it appeared on an auction site (we know the one) and I just had to win it.  This is my holy grail and looking forward to getting it, now if only I could get that damn Thunderseeker.

51310373834_39924aef0a_b.jpg

Even though this is a real aircraft, I had to include the Demon Lord here.  I could put my other Ace Combat aircraft here (there is a few).

51309850793_e0437d82a4_b.jpg

Anyone who knows me, knows that I love Ah! My Goddess and it my favourite show.  There is even a review the in the anime circles where the reviewer of the show says he knows someone who would conqurer the world in Belldandy's name - he was refering to me. :D  I have also put this here as it's not a real colour scheme.  In one of the other pictures, there is an RF-4E Phantom II, I got 3 of them from the 501st Squadron of the JASDF I am going to get some custom decals printed and have each of the special aircraft that had Belldandy, Urd and Skuld on the air intakes.

Think that is enough for now.  I just need to clean my work bench off before I start these, did anyone else spot a theme here? :D

Kind regards,

Dazz

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Dazzio said:

Even though this is a real aircraft, I had to include the Demon Lord here.  I could put my other Ace Combat aircraft here (there is a few).

51309850793_e0437d82a4_b.jpg

Anyone who knows me, knows that I love Ah! My Goddess and it my favourite show.  There is even a review the in the anime circles where the reviewer of the show says he knows someone who would conqurer the world in Belldandy's name - he was refering to me. :D  I have also put this here as it's not a real colour scheme.  In one of the other pictures, there is an RF-4E Phantom II, I got 3 of them from the 501st Squadron of the JASDF I am going to get some custom decals printed and have each of the special aircraft that had Belldandy, Urd and Skuld on the air intakes.

Think that is enough for now.  I just need to clean my work bench off before I start these, did anyone else spot a theme here? :D

Kind regards,

Dazz

Keiichi was a lucky man!

On Thursday @Vince1159 wrote

"Any chance you could put a couple of photo's in the Maritime section Pete i haven't seen one of those in years...."

Well I couldn't find anywhere suitable in maritime so it's in here. The 'one of those' in question is an Airfix SRN1 Hovercraft.

Why is it here in Sci Fi? Because @TonyW donated it to me to be rebuilt as something from the Maschinen Kreiger universe.

xUbmurE.jpg

8EqZjuf.jpg

The plan is, dismantle, and rebuild it in 1/35th scale with a kreiger slant. Weapons, big engines etc. 

The project should start next month. Cheers, Pete

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

These NGE Kits came in during the last week. Looks like Bandai has used the Japan Hype on the Release of the Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0 Movie, not only to release some new Real-Grade Kits (e. g. the Mark 6) but also to restock some of their older HG Kits. Some are an Backorder at HLG since more than one year.

spacer.png

This is the EVA-02 2.0 Version from the Evangelion 2,0 Movie, the EVA-02 Gamma Version from The Evangelion 3.0 Movie and the Mass Production EVA-05 from the End of Evangelion Movie.

Still waiting for the EVA-04 Unit, the Bardiel-Version of EVA-03, EVA Mark 8 and the F-Type Version of EVA-01 to complete my collection....

Edited by Reelyator
  • Like 1