what scifi stuff has the postman delivered to you today?

4 hours ago, Reelyator said:

...me2!

But i was hoping that Bandai would release an Andromeda in 1/500 scale to suite to the Yamato,

Hachette is coming out with a 1/350 part work version. It goes with their already released Yamato in that scale. 

The price is a bit eye watering...

• 2 weeks later...

@FG2Si: ...wow. Have you watched the Clip on Youtube?

i have the 1/500 scale Yamato in my HLJ Private Warehouse waiting for shipment. This is about 60cm long. A Andromeda in 1/500 would be a dream but in 1/350 this is unfortunately way outside my Shelf Size.

• Like 1

On 18/02/2021 at 14:23, FG2Si said:

.... Bandai did a PE set for it when it first came out. I was able to get one at the time. 

....you lucky guy!

What exactly is the content of this PE set? I cannot find anything comparable from Paragrafix etc.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Reelyator said:

....you lucky guy!

What exactly is the content of this PE set? I cannot find anything comparable from Paragrafix etc.

I'll try to grab some pics of it when I get home. Railings and details for the antenna if I recall. 

The Eagle has landed today.

spacer.png

This is the MPC Eagle 2 Model Kit from good old TV Series SPACE:1999 in 1/48 Scale. To be precise: The Eagle 2 with the Laboratory Pod (...while some claim that the Eagle 4 was the only  ever with a Lab Pod in the Series....I need to follow up on this by rewatching the series before i start the build to refresh my brain. I must have been around 8 years old when this first aired here in germany.

spacer.png

I Found a seller on Ebay who sells the Eagle combined with the Spine Booster Kit for less than what others want just for the Eagle.

spacer.png

Even the Aluminum Bells were way cheaper than currently at HLJ. No Chance for me to let this pass. But looking at my stash i guess i will be retired before i start this build.

• Like 5

I'm currently building my second Lab Eagle/Booster combo but havn't been documenting it on here as I did the first one last year and its pretty much the exact same build!

Its an excellent kit - needs some careful sanding of mould lines and such but it builds into a great model. I don't do metal engine bells - my wallet doesn't believe the cost is worth it considering I know how to do Alclad! :)

• Like 2

On 2/24/2021 at 5:35 AM, Reelyator said:

....you lucky guy!

Here you go!

PXL_20210226_001722932-338x450.jpg

PXL_20210226_001754767-338x450.jpg

So it has the radar on either side of the bridge, railings for the fore deck, platforms inside the hanger bays where the Seagull goes, some platforms by the catapults and the armoured covers for the bridge and observation deck  windows if you want them closed up. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/24/2021 at 8:41 PM, Reelyator said:

The Eagle has landed today.

This is the MPC Eagle 2 Model Kit from good old TV Series SPACE:1999 in 1/48 Scale. To be precise: The Eagle 2 with the Laboratory Pod (...while some claim that the Eagle 4 was the only  ever with a Lab Pod in the Series....I need to follow up on this by rewatching the series before i start the build to refresh my brain. I must have been around 8 years old when this first aired here in germany.

I Found a seller on Ebay who sells the Eagle combined with the Spine Booster Kit for less than what others want just for the Eagle.

Even the Aluminum Bells were way cheaper than currently at HLJ. No Chance for me to let this pass. But looking at my stash i guess i will be retired before i start this build.

I'm hoping that Round 2 issue a 1/72 version of this and the cargo Eagle to accompany the 5 Transporters I have in the stash

• Like 1

On 3/1/2021 at 9:16 PM, Nocoolname said:

I'm hoping that Round 2 issue a 1/72 version of this and the cargo Eagle to accompany the 5 Transporters I have in the stash

That would in theory be an easy win since they've already done the research and have CAD models of them both, but apparently the cargo kit didn't sell well so it never wentinto a second production run unlike the original 22" transporter. Dunno what the stats are on the lab kit but it was considerably more expensive than the transporter or cargo kits and to do it full justice you need to buy the booster pack kit as well. Fingers crossed they'll do it though because as much as I love building the 22" kits (5 so far and counting), the 14" are much more practical and economical.

I did hear a rumour that the 22" weathering decal set will be reissued, that would be really handy as I use those to do the panels on the 14" kits :)

Edited by Kallisti

...aaaah nice! I have the Fujimi Police Car 27 somewehere in my Stash as well.

Fujimi has released a nice Series of cars "inspired by" the original Blade Runner Movie. Including the famous Spinner Car, Deckards Sedan and the "Future Car" wich was more or less a black painted and rocked down recycled prop of the Spinner Car as shortly seen in one of the "Back to the Future Movies". I think it was the second....

PS:

Just in case you do not know already: Paragrafix has a nice PE Set for the Interior of the Police Car 27

Edited by Reelyator
added PS
  • Like 2

On 26/02/2021 at 01:14, FG2Si said:

....I'm torn between them and the Discovery from 2001.....

The Discovery is definitely the more "Classic" Space ship. Not to talk about the Cineastic Quality of 2001. But a bit difficult to display due to the sheer length of the model. At least when you go for the 1/144 scale Version.

33 minutes ago, Reelyator said:

The Discovery is definitely the more "Classic" Space ship. Not to talk about the Cineastic Quality of 2001. But a bit difficult to display due to the sheer length of the model. At least when you go for the 1/144 scale Version.

Display space is definitely an issue I'm quite aware of as I primarily build 1/32 aircraft. I've somehow managed to work around it. So far any ways.  Although my wife is dreading the moment I try to find space for the 4 engine heavies I have in the stash. 

The Roscinante is a good model - how does the inside of the engine bell look? Mine had a soft look that didn't look properly set. I left it in the window in the sun for a couple of days to let the UV fully harden any soft resin.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kallisti said:

how does the inside of the engine bell look?

It’s got a bit of residue in it, might be a little soft still, so it’s sitting in the conservatory for a few days, then I’ll give it a wipe over with some Isopropyl. 

No point in me starting it yet anyway, need to work out what paints to order, well, some orange anyway. Tamiya X6 seems to look near enough to the MCRN scheme? It’s going to take a fair bit of masking!

How did you get on with the JBot decals? Do they need to go on a gloss finish or will I get away with the matt that I currently have on my built Rocinante? Not a big deal, I can easily give it a blow over with some clear gloss, then dull it down again with clear matt.

The Razorback is a nice print, the remains of the supports are quite prominent, but they should sand off easily enough. Need to work out how to mount a blue LED in it’s drive bell, the hole is quite big compared to the one in the Roci. But obviously it’s hull is a lot smaller internally so it might be tricky getting a mount for a hollow tube in there. All part of the fun though! 

• Like 1

On 3/7/2021 at 1:41 PM, Reelyator said:

...aaaah nice! I have the Fujimi Police Car 27 somewehere in my Stash as well.

Fujimi has released a nice Series of cars "inspired by" the original Blade Runner Movie. Including the famous Spinner Car, Deckards Sedan and the "Future Car" wich was more or less a black painted and rocked down recycled prop of the Spinner Car as shortly seen in one of the "Back to the Future Movies". I think it was the second....

PS:

Just in case you do not know already: Paragrafix has a nice PE Set for the Interior of the Police Car 27

I didn’t know that! Great, it’d be nice to have a bit more detail in the police car.  It’d be cool if fujimi did a model of the star car from the last starfighter.  I loved that.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rob998 said:

How did you get on with the JBot decals? Do they need to go on a gloss finish or will I get away with the matt that I currently have on my built Rocinante? Not a big deal, I can easily give it a blow over with some clear gloss, then dull it down again with clear matt.

I gave it a gloss varnish with Klear first just to be sure. The JBOT decals need a protective layer put over them before you use them as well - I used liquid decal film from the Micro Sol/Set people

• Like 1