what scifi stuff has the postman delivered to you today?

Got some extra cash money from my old folks (bless them), and knew what I wanted, so I went looking for it as cheap as I can, and it turned out I could still get it cheaper buying it from the US and paying eBay's International Shipping price.  Well, it arrived today (a Sunday), much to my surprise by a very cheerful Herpes lady.  Allow me to introduce you to my new 2001: Space Odyssey EVA Pod :tasty:

spacer.png

Now it's probably going to cost me a fortune to get "the upgrades" :doh:

EDIT: Holy crap, I've since opened the box, and this thing is maffiss!!!! :shocked:

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Mike said:

Got some extra cash money from my old folks (bless them), and knew what I wanted, so I went looking for it as cheap as I can, and it turned out I could still get it cheaper buying it from the US and paying eBay's International Shipping price.  Well, it arrived today (a Sunday), much to my surprise by a very cheerful Herpes lady.  Allow me to introduce you to my new 2001: Space Odyssey EVA Pod :tasty:

EDIT: Holy crap, I've since opened the box, and this thing is maffiss!!!! :shocked:

So there will be a review in the reviews page ?

13 hours ago, Mick4350 said:

So there will be a review in the reviews page ?

I've barely the time to keep up with the stuff coming in as it is, without reviewing my own Christmas Present! :lol: Safe to say, you could wear it as a hat with a bit of fiddling, although a helmet would probably be cheaper :yes:

• Like 2

On 03/01/2021 at 17:04, Mike said:

spacer.png

Now it's probably going to cost me a fortune to get "the upgrades" :doh:

"Herpes" lady 😮

• Like 2

22 hours ago, FG2Si said:

I finally picked up the Falcon 3D detail sets for the Zvezda Star Destroyer.

Carl

....Nice!

May i ask: Have you compared the Hangar Bay against the PE-Version from Green Strawberry? And what was your reason for selecting the Falcon Version??

And most likely you already know: You can even get some Detail improvement parts for the Waste Dump and a tiny Falcon in 1/2700 scale.....

Edited by Reelyator
typo

11 hours ago, Reelyator said:

....Nice!

May i ask: Have you compared the Hangar Bay against the PE-Version from Green Strawberry? And what was your reason for selecting the Falcon Version??

And most likely you already know: You can even get some Detail improvement parts for the Waste Dump and a tiny Falcon in 1/2700 scale.....

I have the basic detail set from Green Strawberry for the Star Destroyer so I did look at their hanger set as well. The Falcon 3D set was about $15 cheaper and he was only 15 minutes away from where I live so those were big factors.

The engine nozzle set includes the garbage chute and Millennium Falcon with it.  You can see the Falcon next to the shield generators. Here's a better pic of it. 

PXL_20210108_203012180-600x450.jpg

There's also a Tantive IV with the hanger set. Here's the front half. 

PXL_20210108_202938989-600x450.jpg

Carl

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

After watching the tracking info for this marked as "leaving USA" for seven weeks, this little package arrive in the UK in the wee hours of the morning a couple of days ago, and was with me the following day.

discovery-bits.jpg

I confess to being slightly daunted. I've never added internal lighting to a model before, and perhaps Moebius's Discovery kit isn't the best choice to start with.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Hamiltonian said:

...I confess to being slightly daunted. I've never added internal lighting to a model before, and perhaps Moebius's Discovery kit isn't the best choice to start with....

Nice!
I know the PE Parts from Paragrafix but what exactly is in the bag on the left site of the picture? Godzilla vs Discovery XD-1??

10 hours ago, Reelyator said:

Nice!
I know the PE Parts from Paragrafix but what exactly is in the bag on the left site of the picture? Godzilla vs Discovery XD-1??

Yes, I don't know what the deal with Godzilla is. Yay! Monsters sells a variety of stuff, but none of it seems to be particularly monster-related.

Here's what you get in the packet:

YayMonsters.jpg

So three transparent replacement parts to let you light up the engines, an EVA pod (arms in the unopened packet), and a pair of images intended to be pasted on to transparent sheet and illuminated.

• Like 2

Here's the content of the VooDooFx lighting bag.

VoodooFX.jpg

Two LED strips, one cool white, the other warm, to light the pod bay and bridge respectively. One tiny LED, to light a single EVA pod; six mid-size LEDs, for the engines; four large cool, and four large warm, white LEDs as alternatives to the LED strips if using batteries.

A bunch of 220 ohm resistors, switch, battery clip, shrinkable insulation, and wires, including a long length to run along the metal spine of the model.

• Like 1

I could not resist when i found this in the bay.

spacer.png

A 1998 Rancor from "Return of the Jedi". Still shrinkwrapped for a halfway reasonable price (compared to what other sellers want for this rare kit).

...is the force with me to resist opening it.....??

• Like 5

Regult Scout Pod from the Macross anime series (Robotech in the US). Sprues are still bagged. I've always wanted one of these; price was a little high off of Ebay, but you only live once!

bF4o9zf.jpg

Edited by HadesOmega
  • Like 4

Funny, I just received my approval for this forum, and today I got a Revell Tie Interceptor. Yesterday my 1/2700 Zvesda/Revell Star Destroyer came. Which is the reason I signed up, because i am going to need some advice.... I built an Apache and a Harrier 1/144 20 years ago, but recently I got into it again and I got my first airbrush. So now I just have to learn to paint with it, how to do fibre optic runs, learn which paint goes over the other and plan the whole primer/basecoat/detail/gloss/panel lining/weathering/finish clear coat.

I will look for the right section to post my questions.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, devilduck said:

Funny, I just received my approval for this forum, and today I got a Revell Tie Interceptor. Yesterday my 1/2700 Zvesda/Revell Star Destroyer came. Which is the reason I signed up, because i am going to need some advice.... I built an Apache and a Harrier 1/144 20 years ago, but recently I got into it again and I got my first airbrush. So now I just have to learn to paint with it, how to do fibre optic runs, learn which paint goes over the other and plan the whole primer/basecoat/detail/gloss/panel lining/weathering/finish clear coat.

I will look for the right section to post my questions.

You're in the right section for the Star destroyer lighting. @Andy Moore is very good with both painting and lighting, and he has some incredible Star wars builds. Here is a recent Droid that he's done. I hope this helps a little. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

On 2/3/2021 at 4:14 PM, HadesOmega said:

Regult Scout Pod from the Macross anime series (Robotech in the US). Sprues are still bagged. I've always wanted one of these; price was a little high off of Ebay, but you only live once!

bF4o9zf.jpg

It's still known as Macross outside of Japan. Robotech is a bastardisation of three completely different shows (Southern Cross, Mospeada and Macross) and as you can guess I'm not a fan of it.  Unfortunately you can't buy any Macross dvds outside of Japan (apart from Macross Plus and Macross II, maybe one other that escapes me right now as "technically" they are illegal releases) as no one has legal rights to series outside of Japan despite Harmony Gold saying otherwise. I remember first reading about this when I was 13... I'm 38 this year, I hope it's resolved soon.

But I digress, I love the Tactical Scout Type, would love to see a WIP of it.  What do the parts look like?  I was lucky enough to get an Elintseeker last year as well as an VF-1B and VF-1S Strike Valkyrie... (Which I need to add to this thread still)... The Thunderseeker is still evading me and I finished the VF-1J Super Valkyrie (I will get pictures one day in a RFI).

Kind regards,

Dazz

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dazzio said:

The Thunderseeker is still evading me

Dazzio, I just looked in the stash and I have the Hasegawa 1/72 kit in the stash I could part with. 

PM me if you're interested.

Carl