what scifi stuff has the postman delivered to you today?

10 hours ago, Kallisti said:

Oh! Where did you acquire that from pray tell?

They are made to order, PM me and I'll give you the contact details of the maker - I hasten to add its not me, you will need Facebook tho'. It was £70 inc UK post but it is large.

Tommo

Thanks for the info Tommo, I'll keep it in mind, but my latest purchase arrived in abox from Canada today - a 3D printed kit of a 1:48 scale Babylong 5 Starfury!!!!

DSC_4550.JPG

Bah I forgot to include osmething in the photo for scale! The surface detail is superb - its hard to see with the light colour resin so I tried fiddling with the contrast and gamma in the following pics:

DSC_4553.JPG

DSC_4554.JPG

DSC_4555.JPG

Really nice stuff. This guys will do 1:32 and 1:24 scale as well but they are not cheap!

• Like 5

Now that does look nice! I still have two of the 1/72 Revell kit, one finished as a "Black Omega" and the other as Commander Sinclair's Battle of the Line craft. Pity that Straczynski and Warner Brothers had such a strained relationship, it would have been nice if some more plastic kits had seen the light of day.

I don't usually post here but I thought I'd share my latest acquisition; a figma of the T-Doll UMP45 from the gacha game "Girl's Frontline":

spacer.png

"I'm not amused...."

spacer.png

I don't actually play the game but I liked her design and I decided to pre-order when she was announced last year. Like all figma it's basically a very expensive action figure but I'm happy enough! I bought it from HLJ and went with EMS shipping - it made the journey from Japan to the UK quickly enough but Parcel Force let the side down once it made it's way to my local depot. It took as long to travel the last few miles as it did on it's international journey....!:confused:

Good Smile have announced another member of her "Squad", her "sister" UMP9 which I'll most likely get as well.

Mike.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This fantastic pair of figures... Spider-man and Green Goblin were two of my favourite comic characters from my childhood.

No idea what scale these are... I've seen 1/8 mentioned but they are definitely bigger than that maybe 1/6? 

IMG_4264

Edited by SMD70
  • Like 2

A couple of bits of sci fi nonsense arrived for me today.

The classic emperor dalek from Evil of the Daleks

50251334473_c0c7139eeb.jpg

He's to scale with the 5" toy range so lots of scope for dalek army dioramas.

50252174617_ccd10dbc9d.jpg

And this from one of my favourite films. Possibly the most ridiculous choice of ship for a model kit and I couldn't resist it.

50251990401_a3fc2a55f2.jpg

Looks quite a complex build.

50251337028_1447e1830f.jpg

And they've pulled out all the stops with the detailing of the base.

50252178102_b307f4885a.jpg

• Like 3

On 8/4/2020 at 9:40 PM, Kallisti said:

Thanks for the info Tommo, I'll keep it in mind, but my latest purchase arrived in abox from Canada today - a 3D printed kit of a 1:48 scale Babylong 5 Starfury!!!!

DSC_4550.JPG

Bah I forgot to include osmething in the photo for scale! The surface detail is superb - its hard to see with the light colour resin so I tried fiddling with the contrast and gamma in the following pics:

DSC_4553.JPG

DSC_4554.JPG

DSC_4555.JPG

Really nice stuff. This guys will do 1:32 and 1:24 scale as well but they are not cheap!

Is this Alain Rivard's kit ?

I was tempted to go for his 1/32 scale version but was concerned that the postage would be prohibitive, so i was thinking of purchasing the STL files and getting it printed locally but then i would need to find a local company that could print it to the same quality so i've not moved forward on this yet.

Yes it is Alain's kit

I didn't get hit by customs and excise (probably because it was from a person not a business)  for it so the postage wasn't prohibitive. The print quality he's achieved is superb

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/08/2020 at 17:31, exidor said:

A couple of bits of sci fi nonsense arrived for me today.

The classic emperor dalek from Evil of the Daleks

50251334473_c0c7139eeb.jpg

He's to scale with the 5" toy range so lots of scope for dalek army dioramas.

50252174617_ccd10dbc9d.jpg

Where did you get him? That’s a beautiful kit, and looks to be bang on proportions-wise. 

The postman delivered the GW Cadian Command Squad.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DalekCheese said:

Where did you get him? That’s a beautiful kit, and looks to be bang on proportions-wise. 

A guy called "ndwdesign" is selling them on etsy but he seems to only make them in batches of two or three at a time. It's a bit of a lottery because they don't last long when they go up and I don't know where they get announced.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Picked this oldie up cheaply and the actual figure I rather like... the face is awful though. A bit of research later and ordered a replacement 1:6 head... you can get them pre-painted etc but found a plain one. I think they are for the Hot Toys figures really but is the correct scale for this. Much better don't you think. ;)

IMG_7862 DSC_0079 copy

Edited by SMD70
  • Like 5

On 31/07/2020 at 07:09, FG2Si said:

Just got the Aoshima MechaGodzilla kit....Anyone know of a suitable Godzilla to go with it?

@FG2Si

Hi Karl!

I have a (unfineshed) resin figure of a Millenium Godzilla i found on Ebay some time ago. This should come pretty close to the Godzilla that appears in the Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla Movie that your figure is from. As far as i know the Aoshima Kiryu will be around 25 cm high and so is the Godzilla Figure. If required i can provide you a link through PM.

spacer.png

Edited by Reelyator
Corrected Movie from Tokyo SOS (2003) to Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (2002)
  • Like 2

Welcome Carl! One nice Gimmick of this figure is that the dorsal plates come in clear plastic. This means if you are brave enough, you can drill out a hole through the body and insert small LED´s to creat "glowing" dorsal plates.

I had a Bandai B wing arrive today,alas it got put away for future presents,am expecting a finemolds Y wing and fingers extreamly crossed for a Finemolds 1/72 Millennium falcon.But all will go away for either xmas or a march birthday.I feel like am a 12 year old again,cant wait for xmas lol.

• Like 1