what scifi stuff has the postman delivered to you today?

So just got shipping confirmation, finally bagged a Moebius Proteus from Fantastic Voyage on evilbay for a score, 16 inches long with full interior. Now just to bag some figures for a reasonable amount.

I foresee some hinge work to expose the rear interior if there isnt a facility in the kit.

Seriously tempted to source a lighting kit as well, even seen a scale schnorkel for sale, now weres my copy of the film, ooh behave LOL

All the best Chris

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 15/01/2020 at 18:06, rockpopandchips said:

Go myself a 10cm Razorback from printedplanes.com. Now need to find some suitable rockets to fly along side it.... 

IMG-20200115-175949.jpg

What have you got planned for the decals?  That dotted fade would be hard to replicate well, and it's the main reason I haven't picked one up yet. :hmmm:

spacer.png

I managed to pick up one of these, which I've been looking for on & off for years now.  I know it's a horror of a kit, but I quite fancied one :)

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Mike said:

What have you got planned for the decals?  That dotted fade would be hard to replicate well, and it's the main reason I haven't picked one up yet. :hmmm:

spacer.png

I managed to pick up one of these, which I've been looking for on & off for years now.  I know it's a horror of a kit, but I quite fancied one :)

You must have missed it, I cheeted and did a Gulf racing version. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, rockpopandchips said:

You must have missed it, I cheeted and did a Gulf racing version. 

Ah, I was hoping for a nice easy solution where you'd done all the hard work :wicked: I guess I'll have to start making circular masks or get my ALPS printer up and running :unsure:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Just had a nice 3D printed Liberator DSV arrive. Now to have a good Butchers at it, and see what I can manage to mangle.

I'd love one of those.  I used to watch Blake's 7 religiously as a kid while my nan talked all the way through it :doh: Looking back on it, it's a bit clunky, but I still think the Liberator stands up pretty well as a Sci-fi ship design. :)

This arrived yesterday, just in time as the Studio Scale Shado Mobile has just been completed!!!

DSC_4124.JPG

The Cthulhus are very excited at the prospect of this joining the other two 22" Eagles in the collection soon!

• Like 4

Postman delivered me this, a couple of weeks ago... 

DSC-0650.jpg

Got myself a jj 'prise, just need to sort out the Aztec design. Been looking for decals or paint masks, and to be honest, what I'm finding is going to cost more than I paid for the kit. 

Matt

• Like 4

On 5/21/2020 at 4:26 PM, S5 modeller said:

Postman delivered me this, a couple of weeks ago... 

DSC-0650.jpg

Got myself a jj 'prise, just need to sort out the Aztec design. Been looking for decals or paint masks, and to be honest, what I'm finding is going to cost more than I paid for the kit. 

Matt

You need madmonks lighting kit, its a work of art. Orbital drydocks mask here direct. https://orbitaldrydock.com/JJprise, Found a pearl white acrylic paint by Amsterdam, for doing TMP and JJ's Enterprises and last but not least Paragrafix's PE set Matt.

or just build OOB, mines still in it with all the goodies screaming build me!!!

All the best Chris

• Haha 1

Not a kit and a bit more of a recommendation for Creative Models limited. I picked up this box of vallejo paint for half price in there damaged box section, well worth the money and not very damaged. 

IMG-20200523-114253.jpg

Edited by rockpopandchips
  • Like 3

On 5/19/2020 at 7:10 PM, Mike said:

spacer.png

Nice one!

I had one of these, then for some daft reason let it go last year, but then found another for the price I let mine go for and nabbed that. It'll make a nice companion to the Thunderfighter I have in the stash. 

53 minutes ago, Nocoolname said:

It'll make a nice companion to the Thunderfighter I have in the stash. 

I'll take that thank you! ^_^ No point in you having it now that you let your Marauder get away from you.... you're an irresponsible owner! :wicked:

• Haha 1

The marauders a nice kit and despite its problems with accuracy  ( the red tinted window is too deep at the front (just paint over the extra depth) and the wrong number of fins on the pointy outriggers (I didn't bother) it's a lot of fun 

..there is a guy on Evil bay selling resin pilots for this and the starfighter.

1/10 Bust of the Witch Mother. Love this and comes with 3 different faces and either a mirror and mask. Think I'll be going monster witch and mask. 

49938541192_65b7ea44d8.jpg 49937725043_b52e2dbb07.jpg

49937725033_873282a717.jpg 49938541197_fd4ae0cea8.jpg 49938238196_202d88abb3.jpg

Edited by SMD70
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

From the bay.

A kreiger 1/35th Resin Melusine Armoured Fighting Suit. It came ready painted with a gloss finish but a quick squirt with Tamiya matt clear sorted that.

It cost me 12 quid but AFAIK it's not common. 

Also in 1/35th is a Crusher Joe Armoured Fighting Suit. This is a kit of few parts and also not common. The cost was reasonable and I was curious to see

how it measures up to the kreiger stuff. At first glance it's a bit Gundam in style but I'll have a good look tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

From the bay.

A kreiger 1/35th Resin Melusine Armoured Fighting Suit. It came ready painted with a gloss finish but a quick squirt with Tamiya matt clear sorted that.

It cost me 12 quid but AFAIK it's not common. 

Also in 1/35th is a Crusher Joe Armoured Fighting Suit. This is a kit of few parts and also not common. The cost was reasonable and I was curious to see

how it measures up to the kreiger stuff. At first glance it's a bit Gundam in style but I'll have a good look tomorrow.

Both sound good, I would love to see some photos

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Richard Baker said:

I would love to see some photos

Your wish is my command....

9rhklgr.jpg

Six inch ruler and figure are there to show the size. 

zbha40p.jpg

It's not a very big box is it? To me, the legs are Gundam (ish) yet the arms are more Kreiger (again, ish). 

Quite where the operators head was supposed to go I'm not sure. 

I'll try to find out quite how rare this is before I do anything with it. 

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

Just got the Crusher Joe 'Fighter 2' kit!

1:72 scale, love the design- one of nicest future ships out there in my opinion

https://www.hlj.com/1-72-scale-crusher-joe-fighter-2-w-alfin-figure-hsg64775

I am going for a display of 1:72 scale fighters for different universes - Star Wars, BSG, anime..., just a fun comparison 

• Like 1