what scifi stuff has the postman delivered to you today?

My postwoman was happy my neighbour was home to receive this for me so she didn't have to carry it back to her truck:

IMG_20191011_142520-L.jpg

IMG_20191011_142706-L.jpg

IMG_20191011_144006-L.jpg

I wonder if I could convince MadMonk to do a light kit for it?

Carl

• Like 7

Nice little Ebay purchase. If complete it would be one to keep in the 'not to be built' stash. As the box was missing I won't have any qualms about building it.

This is the old Entex G1 Command Ship from Battle of the Planets/Gatchaman.

All for the price of $9 (plus $25 for shipping).

20191020_100517

A stock image of the box art

Battle-Of-The-Planets-Marks-Command-Ship

The details are as you'd expect from an old kit sparse and basic but they are clean and crisp.

• Like 6

At the Southwell model show I met a very nice bloke called Mike. In the course of a good natter he said he had some Ma.k stuff in the stash.

Long story short, a box arrived today containing a part started Gustav and some parts of a Heinrich. Both are armoured battle suits.

I paid a fair price and I'm chuffed with what I received. So, result. Just need time to play with them!

• Like 3

Not Sci fi at first glance, but, I got a Tamiya pit crew set from the bay which arrived yesterday. Why am I putting this on here?

Because the set is 1/20th scale. The main Ma.k scale. I may have a plan. Bear with me though, it could take some time.

• Like 2

Not actually delivered by the postie yet but ordered from Korbarth Sabres and should be shipped in a week or so.

1rjEnGH.jpg

aUtra1i.jpg

gUa0HFl.jpg

1:1000 scale resin kit of the Republic Star Destroyer, 70+ parts and 42 inch long when built!

• Like 5

1:5000 Bandai Star Destroyer- First Release Lighted Edition

Been wanting a decent sized Bandai kit of the subject for a long time. Spectacular detailing and perfectly proportioned.

The superstructure, sidewalls, bridge, main hull and hangar bays all have molded in window ports which make lighting easy, It also has clear pieces for extra fine lighting if desired. I am on the fence about that part- The detailing is so wonderful as is I hate to blur it by having to spray black and then the final color over it. I may use some of the pieces selectively, such as the bridge face.

One problem a lot of people have reported is that when assembled the bow has a gentle curve upward but all the pieces appear straight and true. There are a number of work-a-rounds being explored and I may wait to see which works best. The design of the lighting system requires the superstructure to be lifted off to make turn it on or off, I think I will wire it for external power and keep everything sealed up.

Igj9GcD.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

I collected these from my parents today. 

49112191096_e7eafd8d4c_b.jpg

I've had this model a year or two now.  I just haven't done anything with it.  However I am tempted to get it done within the next year.  I haven't seen it built anywhere neither.

49111685483_02919dbcbf_b.jpg

The Neu Balgray

49112190811_d8b836e20a_b.jpg

2 Dreadnoughts - I am not actually sure on their ship names - I think one is actually called "Dreadnought" and the other "Epimetheus".

49112384572_7762f6494a_b.jpg

The bottom one is "The Experimental Ship of Transcendental Dimension Ginga" (that just rolls off the tounge huh?) and the UNCF Apollo Norm at the top.

49112384642_5e946cba8f_b.jpg

I think this one is called the "Lambea" or Lambea-class.  I got this one as it looked cool however I am not sure if a carrier like this would actually work or if the space fighters would actually need a deck in space??

I'll be honest, that my knowledge of Space Battleship Yamato/Star Blazers 2199 is sorely lacking.  However I believe that the series (Star Blazers) will be out on DVD over here next year.  I will pick it up then.

Looking forward to adding these to my Andromeda I am building now.  These kits really are great quality and range in price from £2 to £5... amazing stuff.

Kind Regards,

Dazz

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Dazzio said:

49112191096_e7eafd8d4c_b.jpg

I've had this model a year or two now.  I just haven't done anything with it.  However I am tempted to get it done within the next year.  I haven't seen it built anywhere neither.

Of course there is always the Sci-fi/Movie-TV group build ? 😉

The 42 inch Rebel Star Destroyer arrived at the weekend and finally got round to opening the box and having a look.

Typical garage resin kit, it's no Bandai!!

All the parts laid out on the dining room table.

lJgBAKB.jpg?1

YPbaKaa.jpg

18YzKI4.jpg

The engines were a bit of a mess when they arrived as well as some of the other parts.

Bwnf0ri.jpg

qGMCPnj.jpg?1

To be fair to Korbanth when I messaged them about it they did offer to replace any parts I wasn't happy with.  However after a bath in some boiling water from the kettle they conformed into the shapes they should have been.

ssZKkxp.jpg

There are no instructions so I have downloaded the ones from the Revell kit and Korbarth have sent 25+ photos of a build to help identify where all the parts go.

Now to find some time to build and then a place to display!!

Cheers,

Warren

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Kushan_Farsight said:

Wow, some kit! The detail on some of the greebled sections seems quite high for a non professional outfit! So roughly what scale is this beast then @Madmonk?

It's advertise as being 1/1000 which makes the 'real thing' just over a kilometre long.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Madmonk said:

It's advertised as being 1/1000 which makes the 'real thing' just over a kilometre long.

Hmm.... I was under the impression that the SD was a mile long -- that is, about 1600 m. If so, that would make this kit around 1/1500. Either way, it's going to be impressive when built.

1 hour ago, Tarkas said:

Hmm.... I was under the impression that the SD was a mile long -- that is, about 1600 m. If so, that would make this kit around 1/1500. Either way, it's going to be impressive when built.

The Imperial Star Destroyer is 1600m long, this is the Republic version which is about 1100m long.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Madmonk said:

The Imperial Star Destroyer is 1600m long, this is the Republic version which is about 1100m long.

I've always been a fan of the Venator Class Star Destroyer. Will we be seeing a WIP for this?

Kind Regards,

Dazz

14 hours ago, Dazzio said:

I've always been a fan of the Venator Class Star Destroyer. Will we be seeing a WIP for this?

Kind Regards,

Dazz

Hopefully in the new year!

Mine arrived today as well... I only ordered 1 so I'm not as greedy as some others :D

DSC_3456.JPG

and here it is hanging out with its sisters in my collection

DSC_3460.JPG

DSC_3461.JPG

...and before you ask, yes that is the Deagostini Millenium Falcon in the box under the Eagle... I may build that one of these days, when I get a bigger house!

• Like 4

On 11/30/2019 at 2:33 PM, Kallisti said:

Mine arrived today as well... I only ordered 1 so I'm not as greedy as some others :D

Greedy!! Ouch!! 😉

Well if greed it is I might as well do it properly so I'll raise your collection and add my 1/72 resin Moonbase Alpha Launch Pad to mine so my Eagles (and Hawks) have something to set them apart! 

IMG_1873

• Like 3