what scifi stuff has the postman delivered to you today?

• 3 weeks later...

This chap

48497623872_3b0ac8fbae_c.jpg

I stumbled across it on Ebay and I don't know why you would call it a "Prussian God of War" other than to avoid any problems with "Nazi" associations? It reminds me of the computer game "Caste Wolfenstein" and the "Nazi Super Soldiers" that you fight within that game. Genetically modified super-soldiers/zombies armed with preposterously bulky weaponry. It was delivered from China only this morning. It is made of resin so that will be a first for me. If the moulding is as fine as the illustration suggests it should look very nice. Nominally 1/35th or 50mm scale.

It is pencilled in for the "Film, Fictional and Speculative GB" and I won't open it until I start the GB.

Edit: Just noticed it is from a series of "German women's soldiers"? Is that a grocer's apostrophe? Is it supposed to be a "lady" super soldier? Doesn't look very feminine and I noticed some of the other models were more of the "spotty teenager's fantasy" type and definitely female! So many questions! Watch the GB in September!

Edited by Rumblestripe
  • Like 3

On 11/27/2018 at 1:40 PM, Nocoolname said:

I see your Federation starships and I'll raise you a 1/350 Klingon K'Tinga

IMG_0817

Once my vomiting bug has died down I'll start work on designing the mods I need to build this as the Q'onos One from The Undiscovered Country.

Picked up a second lighting kit that you see on the right for a silly price but this one will be used to light my 1/1400 Valdore!

• Like 2

I finally got a Jager to add to my collection of Zoids kits.

MVIMG_20190812_221342-L.jpg

Kotobukiya is re-issuing the Red Sabre later this year so once that's out, I'll have most of the ones I want. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Just had delivered from the states, from JT Graphics the DLM Photo etch for Quonos one as in Star Trek the undiscovered country.

The detail is exquisite, cant wait to slot this build in, have my K'Tinga waiting in the wings.

All the best Chris

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think I have a Star Wars X-Wing Problem.....bought a Bandai snowspeeder, first ever Star Wars or Sci-fi mit, loved it. Bought another then saw a cheap X-Wing, so grabbed 2...then while I was AT IT, grabbed a couple AT-ATs. Now I’ve just received another 2 X-Wings today and a couple of helmets....not exactly a stash I can hide now....help! Latest arrived today and yesterday. And I’m waiting on a full size Wedge Antilles helmet....

48866875387_aed2d46a39_b.jpg

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

and a couple of helmets....

If you don't mind me asking, where does one get these hemmits, and what's the usual cost? :hmmm: I doubt they'd fit my gigantic noggin, and I usually look stupid in any kind of hat, but I do like the looks of 'em :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Not a model, but I just received the blu-rays of Yamato 2199 so I can finally see what those models I've been building get up to.

24403842879_d174fa3296_b.jpg

Spoiler

So far, they mostly get blown up!

Apart from the heavy dose of sexist outfits (as also pointed out by my daughter) it's excellent - the space action is really punchy and the mechanical design is *so cool*. I can see a few more SBY kits moving up in the build pile.

Will

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mike said:

If you don't mind me asking, where does one get these hemmits, and what's the usual cost? :hmmm: I doubt they'd fit my gigantic noggin, and I usually look stupid in any kind of hat, but I do like the looks of 'em :)

The Skywalker helmet has just been released, Hasbro black series, Forbidden Planet online, fully lined and wearable, it’s massive so should fit lol. It’s got light and sound function but not tried it out yet. Smaller helmets are quality and really detailed, from De-agostini Star Wars Collection. X-Wing ones available are Skywalker red 5, red 3 Darklighter, red 2 Antilles, red 6 Porkins and blue leader Gen Merrick. No red leader though! Plan to build all the corresponding X-Wings to display with them. Thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

The Skywalker helmet has just been released, Hasbro black series, Forbidden Planet online, fully lined and wearable, it’s massive so should fit lol. It’s got light and sound function but not tried it out yet. Smaller helmets are quality and really detailed, from De-agostini Star Wars Collection. X-Wing ones available are Skywalker red 5, red 3 Darklighter, red 2 Antilles, red 6 Porkins and blue leader Gen Merrick. No red leader though! Plan to build all the corresponding X-Wings to display with them. Thanks

Oh it was £105 delivered. Bargain I felt I couldn’t afford not to buy it 

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

Oh it was £105 delivered. Bargain I felt I couldn’t afford not to buy it 

Looks good, and at not a bad price either... just got nowhere to put one presently :hmmm:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Bit Rich for my wallet, maybe the little ones though. 

The Helmet collection (the small ones) stuff is pretty nice, bought a few myself recently - AT-ST Pilot, Endor Helmet and Y-Wing Helmet. They seem to go for £5 - 10.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1