what scifi stuff has the postman delivered to you today?

On 11/27/2018 at 1:40 PM, Nocoolname said:

I see your Federation starships and I'll raise you a 1/350 Klingon K'Tinga

IMG_0817

They haven't arrived yet, but I've been told that mine are on the way... 😎🤗😋 (we need a rubbing hands in anticipation emoji <g>)

Edited by Tarkas
  • Like 3

Something a bit different that I've not seen before... time to flex my gothic figure muscles... good detail for an older kit in my opinion and the photos don't really do it justice.

IMG_E0362IMG_0361

IMG_E0364

Edited by SMD70
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

This arrived yesterday from PrintedPlanes.com, its 30cm long when assembled and I'm really excited! Its my first 3d print model and I'm looking forward to having a go!

For those not aware, this is the Rocinante from The Expanse TV series.

DSC_2535.JPG

I'm sourcing some decals for it, want to do the Rocinante version rather than the Martian Navy version...

• Like 6

Well, in all innocence I popped onto the bay to see what was going on and accidentally won a bid on something I'd never heard of!

Revell Trigon Orguss Anime mecha plastic model kit 1/48 scale scifi Robotech

It's a three armed spaceship thingy from what I can see. no box, but including postage around 16 quid. 

Could be a fun purchase, it should arrive later in the week so we'll see.

If anyone has more information on this thing I'd be grateful.

36 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Well, in all innocence I popped onto the bay to see what was going on and accidentally won a bid on something I'd never heard of!

Revell Trigon Orguss Anime mecha plastic model kit 1/48 scale scifi Robotech

It's a three armed spaceship thingy from what I can see. no box, but including postage around 16 quid. 

Could be a fun purchase, it should arrive later in the week so we'll see.

If anyone has more information on this thing I'd be grateful.

I remember seeing someone post a picture of a mecha-kit they got from a poundshop long ago that they said might have been Revell, so I was wondering what they were myself too. It seems that during the 80s Revell took a load of Japanese Mecha kits and released them as a line called "Robotech Defenders" or something like that - but they aren't actually related to the proper Robotech series. They're just an assortment of mechs from a variety of different properties stuck together under that name.

Thanks for that. I also bought a Revell manned robot from a pound shop back then. 

I'll have to go and see if I can find the anime on line.

Cheers

Pete

Later, well that was interesting. It dates from around 1984 and is a 3 legged walking transformer manned robot jobby.

They don't seem to be common nowadays, so despite the lack of a box it may well be a bit of a bargain.

• 2 weeks later...

My latest package in the post is a real blast from the past -- the subject, not the kit, which isn't very old at all. It's the Starduster from one of the earliest (1962-4) TV SF cartoons, Space Angel, courtesy of the perople at Fantastic Plastic. I loved the series as a kid, far too many years ago, and I'm really glad to have a kit of the hero spaceship. I'd put up photos of the box and its contents if I could figure out how to do it! It must be possible, but every method I have tried has failed miserably. Still, you can look at the kit on the FP website here.

My kit has rather more flash than their illustration, but that's hardly surprising, and it shouldn't take too long to clean up. No (obvious) signs of bubbles or pinholes, so the flash is the only casting flaw -- I hope! 😉 I'm looking forward to making this one, and it's about as simple as you can get, even for a resin kit.

• Like 2

Not so much the postman but took a Bandai 1/48 snowspeeder upto the till at the Scottish Nationals today. £29 on every stall and the lady said call it £20? Okay deal My first Sci Fi and unexpected unasked for bargain. Should have lifted two!

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

So just in time for Father's Day, this epic EPIC Star Wars kit arrived.

So big I had to clear the kitchen table.

48074224458_87fc2812d7_b.jpgBandai Millennium Falcon_1 by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

What is it? 

Why a Bandai...……..Millennium...…...FALCON 😍..

Specifically, this one...

48074224178_13e75e5de7_b.jpgBandai Millennium Falcon_2 by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

Revell Paint pot for scale..😂

48074178071_a7c3884857_b.jpgBandai Millennium Falcon_3 by Dermot Moriarty, on Flickr

Cheers,

Dermot

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Not delivered yet, but today on the bay I won an AMT/Ertl 1/6th Stap and Battledroid kit for a decent price.

And it's Fathers day and my Daughter bought me the DVD of Bladerunner 2049. Which I still hadn't seen.

A good day then.
Pete

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

First injected molded SciFi model was Lindberg's flying saucer kit from mid '50s. This model was also the used as the primary prop from the worst SciFi movie of all time,  Plan 9 From Outer Space. Polaris re-released the kit just recently. 

plan9-start00.jpg

plan9-start05.jpg

plan9-done1.jpg

• Like 3