what scifi stuff has the postman delivered to you today?

1 hour ago, The Chief Smeg said:

Not so much what was delivered today but the past 3 days have been Happy Days!

Tie fighter

you may have noticed something of a theme here!

only one 1/48 kit ..

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2018 at 15:58, Mike said:

This little beauty from http://www.printedplanes.co.uk in 300mm variant.  Oh my, I'm so excited!  :D

parts1.jpg

There's another pic and a bit of jibber-jabber from me in the Cant thread.

Mine came today!  Impressed with the detail, and there doesn't appear to be much goo to drain out, just some in the engine bell. Not much cleaning up either as far as I could tell from a brief inspection. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Rob998 said:

Mine came today!  Impressed with the detail, and there doesn't appear to be much goo to drain out, just some in the engine bell. Not much cleaning up either as far as I could tell from a brief inspection. 

That sounds similar to mine - just a bit of goo in the engine bell, and down the ends of the antennae parts.  I'm going to grab a mask, my old leccy toothbrush and a jug of IPA to see how much "dead skin" I need to slough off the model, as there was a bit on the antennae.  Once that's off, you'll see any bits that need attention, but believe me when I say I'm not expecting too much.  My Cant needed a coat of primer and a rub-down, and I'm expecting the next coat to be the final one, which is nice ^_^

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

p?i=8e7a4eab46e14ff3a0c2eda474d00484

Hey all,

I got a Revell U.S.S Reliant in the post this morning, to go with the Enterprise refit that I've had for a few weeks now! Both are the same 1:537 scale.

The Reliant is my second favourite ship, after the refit Enterprise so I'm really looking forward to building and lighting these two!

First though I have to finish my Klingon D7 kit. It's built and lit, but not painted. This one has taken me a long time due to family complications, but I'll post my build progress in the 'Work In Progress' forum soon :)

So much fun to be had, so little time to have it!

Edited by SteveR
Added a better photo
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, SteveR said:

p?i=88b0c10d0e658a841914bd4ac73283bb

Hey all,

I got a Revell U.S.S Reliant in the post this morning, to go with the Enterprise refit that I've had for a few weeks now! Both are the same 1:537 scale.

The Reliant is my second favourite ship, after the refit Enterprise so I'm really looking forward to building and lighting these two!

First though I have to finish my Klingon D7 kit. It's built and lit, but not painted. This one has taken me a long time due to family complications, but I'll post my build progress in the 'Work In Progress' forum soon :)

So much fun to be had, so little time to have it!

I see your Federation starships and I'll raise you a 1/350 Klingon K'Tinga

IMG_0817

Once my vomiting bug has died down I'll start work on designing the mods I need to build this as the Q'onos One from The Undiscovered Country.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nocoolname said:

I see your Federation starships and I'll raise you a 1/350 Klingon K'Tinga

Let battle commence! ;) 

That looks like an amazing model though, lovely detailing and nice lighting. The K'Tinga was the ship I wanted when I bought my Klingon Battle Cruiser D7, which I just posted a work-in-progress for. I'll probably try to get one when my skill level is a bit higher :)

I'm really looking forward to seeing your build!

• 4 weeks later...

This arrived just before Christmas it was a secret santa gift swap from over on another for i use  https://scifiantasy.com.  Never built a star treck ship and this one is massive, I will probably just do an OOB

IMG-20181227-191849.jpg

I also got this one as a secret sant at work, so there not all wan.. Bad. 

IMG-20181227-193004.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

My cheapo Amazon warehouse deals, Slave one, arrived today.

The box had been opened & re-taped but the kit is untouched.

I have an idea that it may end up modified as a kreiger hovertank.

That's what it has always reminded me of anyway.

We'll see what the future brings.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Evilbay goodies and at a good price :)  Also managed to get the Thunderbirds (Pink) book at a not so good price lols.

Seems Ebay has some good stuff at a reasonable price at the moment which is happily surprising and worth looking out for.

Ken

52472029_10215901128514488_7836900501433

Edited by mekon
Add text
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Something a bit different. Saw this model somewhere GW shop window maybes?

40295159873_8b217b36f8_z.jpg

Looks fun, ordered from Wayland Games (cheaper than GW somehow)

33384158568_a1f8199aba.jpg47208000162_a2bf030edd.jpg

It contains instructions and lots of grey plastic.

Still looks fun!

• Like 3