what scifi stuff has the postman delivered to you today?

On 5/19/2018 at 11:13 AM, LotusArenco said:

What’s better than a Zaku model kit?

Yup…. TWO Zaku kits.:D

l6R6vYn.jpg?1

That set is (IMO) worth it for the awesome tanks alone! I think I've built that version of the Zaku as a wreck, but never painted it. The weapons/accessories are good as well.

Will

• Like 3

On 6/3/2018 at 2:03 PM, Dave said:

This brought back memories of rushing home from school to watch the programme on telly.

Oh me too, I used to love Battle of the Planets! Although my wife tells me that the Dutch version was much better - I think they got a Euro dub, and we got the dumbed-down US version with 7-Zark-7?

Will

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 9:56 AM, Kallisti said:

This arrived in the past last week  from Mooncrest Models:

DSC_0845.JPG

my favourite Doctor. I shall look forward to seeing this in the resin once completed Mr P.

• Like 1

Just picked this up from the paper shop at lunch time. A brush 3 pots of paint and 3 Marines for £1.99, I would have bought a few more but this was the last one. I will be going into the GW tomorrow to see if they have any. 

IMG_20180904_125634.jpg

Edited by rockpopandchips
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, rockpopandchips said:

Just picked this up from the paper shop at lunch time. A brush 3 pots of paint and 3 Marines for £1.99, I would have bought a few more but this was the last one. I will be going into the GW tomorrow to see if they have any. 

IMG_20180904_125634.jpg

I'll be a but surprised if GW do have them as they're something distributed by a different company aimed at a separate customer base in mainstream shops, even though they're GW products within it and it's a GW thing overall and I don't think they sold the Legends hardback novel magazine collection either. Last time the Warhammer Conquest collection started (before it was cancelled for a few months), the GW staff didn't even know anything about it!

13 hours ago, TheVoidDragon said:

I'll be a but surprised if GW do have them as they're something distributed by a different company aimed at a separate customer base in mainstream shops, even though they're GW products within it and it's a GW thing overall and I don't think they sold the Legends hardback novel magazine collection either. Last time the Warhammer Conquest collection started (before it was cancelled for a few months), the GW staff didn't even know anything about it!

Just picked up a copy from the GW in Harrogate (last one), guy in the shop said they will be stocking the first 4 issues but after that it will be subscription only.

The fist 4 issues are a really good way for my two girls to have a go at the game and painting the extra set of Marines, although the guy in the shop said I they could each have a fee mini to paint and have a go at one the games, so I might do that as well, it might sound better coming from someone other than Dad....🤓

Thats a decent kit, the shape is correct, just need to sharpen the point of the missile a bit and as you say scartch build a better cockpit. You can also add some extra detail to the engines if you wish. The biggest problem are the decals which are some weird "spanglish" but you can download an image from the italian SHADO site Isoahado from this page:

http://www.isoshado.org/4/4_attivita_files/intercettore_2000/intercettore_2000.htm

which you can resize to 1:48 scale, print out and make your own much more screen accurate decals. Or you can buy a pre-printed set from JBOT decals: 

http://www.jbot.ca/space/ufo2.shtml

This was my build a few years back:

Edited by Kallisti
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Kallisti said:

This was my build a few years back:

Thanks for the links - they'll definitely prove usefull! :D

I read your WIP, and it's actually the reason I started to look for this kit in the first place! :winkgrin:

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

• Thanks 1

Dropship is a tricky build, so many things wrong with the kit but since its the only option out there... its all fixable however. Is the Sulaco kit a repop of the old Halcyon one? If so its a great little kit that rewards effort in painting it well.

• Like 1

A baby Imperial Knight (40mm tall) and a slightly bigger Reaver Battle Titan (100mm tall). Aren't they lovely?

30856392138_9d1df406df_b.jpg

This was after a long internal discussion over the past month concluding that getting into Adeptus Titanicus would definitely not be a good idea.

Will

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...