what scifi stuff has the postman delivered to you today?

1 hour ago, S5 modeller said:

Can't beat a bit of Pratchett! I've lost count of the times of read, and re-read, the Discworld novels. 

Now if only I could get my windows 10 laptop to play the Discworld game I still have hanging around, I'd be a happy bunny. 

If compatibility mode fails you can either:

-Run it in a virtual machine

-Acquire a disk image of the PS1 version and run it through an emulator. 

Just got in some 3D printed parts for my Zvezda Star Destroyer build. I was going to modify the main hangar bay myself (the stock is simplified and too shallow), but I saw the falcon3dparts version on RPF and really liked what he did with it. It has provisions for the ceiling-cove lighting and two open bays at one end for further detailing. It also came with an in-scale Blockade Runner and Falcon.

As you can see from the pictures, the printing process leaves these wonderful supports which you cut off, I am going to save mine since they look so cool, perhaps they will surface in another project sometime...

f9rqxTy.jpg

A0xzeXI.jpg

17 hours ago, Richard Baker said:

Just got in some 3D printed parts for my Zvezda Star Destroyer build. I was going to modify the main hangar bay myself (the stock is simplified and too shallow), but I saw the falcon3dparts version on RPF and really liked what he did with it. It has provisions for the ceiling-cove lighting and two open bays at one end for further detailing. It also came with an in-scale Blockade Runner and Falcon.

As you can see from the pictures, the printing process leaves these wonderful supports which you cut off, I am going to save mine since they look so cool, perhaps they will surface in another project sometime...

f9rqxTy.jpg

A0xzeXI.jpg

Hi again Richard

Enjoy them, I did when using them on my 2 Zvezda's ISD's. What ever you do, don't leave the main engine nacelles on their side as they will turn oval quickly. Give them a really good scrub and wash down in some Isopropanol to clean them and prime them as soon as you can otherwise they will start to self destruct and break down / crumble over time. Cut the bases off the large engine and tape them into the aperture mouth of the nacelles to help keep them circular. These things change shape very very easily if you don't clean and prime them quickly.

DSCF7244

DSCF7234

• Sad 1

Thanks for the info!

I must admit that does make me worry a bit though- if they are that warpable how will they look mounted at right angles for several years? Does a coat of primer and paint keep them stable enough?

I really like his engine detail set but the material issue does make me concerned. I am planning on getting TonyRR's rear spine- it has the garbage chute plus movie accurate detail all together in one unit

Well I should have been getting a new Gundam kit MG RX-79 ground type but because Im a bloody idiot i am not, I put in my first order with Banzi hobby to see how we go last week and just checking on my order now and you would not believe what I have done......only gone and put the wrong bloody country in the address, filled in as United arab emirates instead of United Kingdom. 

I guess that one will be lost in transit foe ever now! :'(

On 24/10/2017 at 18:19, Richard Baker said:

f9rqxTy.jpg

Thanks for posting those - I'm considering getting a set for my Zvezda SD, although I've gone for the Green Strawberry engine bells & PE set so far, just waiting for them to come in stock with the guys & girls there.

In the meantime, yesterday I got 100m of 0.5mm fibre-optic and some flat-head LEDs for the lighting aspect of it.  What I REALLY need to do though, is finish a project before I start another one! :angry: Thanks to our own @Madmonk for the steer on the kit I need to get :)

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

And the gun arrived today for the checkpoint, it was a challenge to use all the parts in the box to make one gun...;) Don't this this will be the final draft as i want to set it up a bit like an ani aircraft cannon but you get the idea. I might be able to make a odd looking gunwith the extra parts for Mister Bones.

20171108_164759

20171108_164943

• Like 1

You are in for alot of fun with those. We caught them on sale at Toys R Us a few years ago and bought an obscene amount of them. I think they were like $5 for the big kits and $2 for the small ones. I pretty sure we bought the entire stock!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thud4444 said:

You are in for alot of fun with those. We caught them on sale at Toys R Us a few years ago and bought an obscene amount of them. I think they were like $5 for the big kits and $2 for the small ones. I pretty sure we bought the entire stock!

and I thought I got it for a good price........:o, I rarely to Toys R Us in the UK it always reminds me of on over priced jumble sale, I might have to pay a bit more attention. 

On ‎22‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:20 PM, Nocoolname said:

This...

IMG_0046

Although the 'postie' didn't exactly deliver it. ParcyMcParcelFarce dropped off one parcel but left this one in the van causing me a 45 mile round trip to collect it... :angry:

looks expensive - whats it like inside the packaging

24 minutes ago, Gimme Shelter said:

looks expensive - whats it like inside the packaging

It was expensive but only marginally more than I had to pay for the FM Falcon plus accessories when it was re-released a few years back and this kit includes its own PE and LED lighting kit. I'll try and upload some images of the parts though I'm struggling to get my camera phone to do them any justice. The detail on the parts is absolute bonkers. It is off the charts. It's resin quality and my camera is struggling to capture the sharpness. It beats the FM Falcon hands down and is a larger kit too in much the same way that the other Ban Dai 1/72 Star Wars kits were noticeably larger than their FM counterparts. I think I'll have to study necromancy in order to ressurect Da Vinci in order to any justice to this kit when it comes to the paint.

14 minutes ago, Nocoolname said:

It was expensive but only marginally more than I had to pay for the FM Falcon plus accessories when it was re-released a few years back and this kit includes its own PE and LED lighting kit. I'll try and upload some images of the parts though I'm struggling to get my camera phone to do them any justice. The detail on the parts is absolute bonkers. It is off the charts. It's resin quality and my camera is struggling to capture the sharpness. It beats the FM Falcon hands down and is a larger kit too in much the same way that the other Ban Dai 1/72 Star Wars kits were noticeably larger than their FM counterparts. I think I'll have to study necromancy in order to ressurect Da Vinci in order to any justice to this kit when it comes to the paint.

Here's a shot of the box contents. I also tried to take a shot of some of the detail but my camera just won't go for it so I've added a link to a page which has some good pictures of the detail to help give an idea. To be honest though even these don't do it justice. It really is ont of those that you have to take a look at up close to really believe.

IMG_0050

IMG_0049

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=279210&page=8

• Like 3

Tcl4KtS.jpg

LOL This from Nocoolname!  As much as i would like the PG falcon , the FM kit is my all time favourite kit. I have lost count of how many of the FM/Revell ones i have built. This one will be straight from the box with no extras at all. Maybe in the new year a PG one will join it!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, gunpowder17 said:

Tcl4KtS.jpg

LOL This from Nocoolname!  As much as i would like the PG falcon , the FM kit is my all time favourite kit. I have lost count of how many of the FM/Revell ones i have built. This one will be straight from the box with no extras at all. Maybe in the new year a PG one will join it!

LOL! That's my new policy - 1 in for 1 out and avoid multiples to try and stop me from being buried in kit boxes. I think the worst thing is that the PG Falcon is likely to end up gathering dust with the rest of my stash until my retirement given my build rate. In fact I'll probably find that just as I'm gearing up to build it someone will probably announce an even better one in 1/48 or something causing me to do another swapsies. :cry:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nocoolname said:

LOL! That's my new policy - 1 in for 1 out and avoid multiples to try and stop me from being buried in kit boxes. I think the worst thing is that the PG Falcon is likely to end up gathering dust with the rest of my stash until my retirement given my build rate. In fact I'll probably find that just as I'm gearing up to build it someone will probably announce an even better one in 1/48 or something causing me to do another swapsies. :cry:

The other point of interest is that the FM and PG kits represent two different versions of the Falcon. The FM kit is of the Empire Strikes Back version, with the five sets of landing gear, while the PG kit is of A New Hope, with the three landing gear.

On 10/26/2017 at 12:09 PM, rockpopandchips said:

Well I should have been getting a new Gundam kit MG RX-79 ground type but because Im a bloody idiot i am not, I put in my first order with Banzi hobby to see how we go last week and just checking on my order now and you would not believe what I have done......only gone and put the wrong bloody country in the address, filled in as United arab emirates instead of United Kingdom. 

I guess that one will be lost in transit foe ever now! :'(

Would you believe this has just turned up today, what a result! :o:lol:

A Bandai 1:72 X-Wing (Original Trilogy) has turned up at mine today after I realised I'd forgotten to get one when they first came out :blush: The upside is that it was cheaper than I'd have paid initially :)

• Haha 1

On ‎27‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 14:45, Mike said:

A Bandai 1:72 X-Wing (Original Trilogy) has turned up at mine today after I realised I'd forgotten to get one when they first came out :blush: The upside is that it was cheaper than I'd have paid initially :)

Still amazes me what some vendors are asking for the Bandai Kits on eBay, particularly the box series kits.