what scifi stuff has the postman delivered to you today?

21 hours ago, Kallisti said:

Went to the local ParcelFarce depot yesterday since they failed to deliver the package on Monday as requested to collect this beauty...

DSC_8239.JPG

Its very similar to the other Eagle kit but has the cargo winch and nuclear waste cannisters

DSC_8240.JPG

DSC_8242.JPG

...and this will be the base for when I start building it as a diorama...

DSC_8243.JPG

I didn't even realise this had been released?! Just ordered one. Annoyingly it'll probably take 3 days to ship from the US to the UK then spend 12 days in Pass-the-ParcelFarce land :angry:

Mine shipped on the 3rd July and I got the customs ransom demand on 14th but ParcelFarce failed to deliver it earlier this week so I had to go and collect it on Weds

The bundles launch silo IMO was not really worth the additional cost- mostly printed cardboard. It would be much better to scratch build my own 

That TB-3 kit is wonderful - the first mas production kit which actually got the proportions correct.

I have an unbuilt UNCL 18" resin kit in my closet of doom, which was the same kit that Product Enterprises (AKA 16/32) copied for their uber-expensive replica.

TB-3 is my favorite Thunderbird (followed closely by TB-2). It is so nice to finally see a proper styrene kit of it!

• Like 1

Four A4 sheets of Games Workshop decals I found at a good price. Half Tau, half Adeptus Mechanicus. The former are useful for generic sci-fi, the latter will be great for 40K as they have loads of greek letters, gothic numbers etc.

Cheers,

Will

Not sure were to post this so I will stick it here:

Not actually revived it at the yet but wanted to give you a heads up, I phoned ( and acutely spoke to a human) WWS about some ABS STYRENE PLASTIC rods and tubes they have on there web site, I wasn't after a large pack of one type that they have advertised on the web sit, so they are putting together a variety pack for me (2 of each they have in stock). Just really nice bloke and happy to help, I would give them a ring if your in need of some styrene rod before they put the price up.....

http://www.war-world.co.uk/index.php/scenery-abs_styrene_plastic_range/?k=33624:58:::39

They also have a half decent range of Vallejo paints etc at a good price as well.

• Like 1

On ‎25‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 2:05 PM, rockpopandchips said:

Not sure were to post this so I will stick it here:

Not actually revived it at the yet but wanted to give you a heads up, I phoned ( and acutely spoke to a human) WWS about some ABS STYRENE PLASTIC rods and tubes they have on there web site, I wasn't after a large pack of one type that they have advertised on the web sit, so they are putting together a variety pack for me (2 of each they have in stock). Just really nice bloke and happy to help, I would give them a ring if your in need of some styrene rod before they put the price up.....

http://www.war-world.co.uk/index.php/scenery-abs_styrene_plastic_range/?k=33624:58:::39

They also have a half decent range of Vallejo paints etc at a good price as well.

Thanks RockPopandChips for the link - a useful new cheap and handy supplier added to my inventory of places to spend my pocket money

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Meteors said:

Received these goodies today!!

35472173624_018bc7b23e_b.jpg

Not sure which to do first! Oh yeah, finish the other six or seven half started projects I have going on.

that's pure greed -

Fantastic !

After fighting with Parcelforce for nearly 2 weeks after paying import Duty, the Basingstoke Depot managed to load this onto a van today - a big smile from ear to ear now this afternoon

No prizes for guessing correctly what this will turn into but here's a clue "Houdini"

20170801_155255 (002)

yeah baby, yeah.....

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Gimme Shelter said:

After fighting with Parcelforce for nearly 2 weeks after paying import Duty, the Basingstoke Depot managed to load this onto a van today - a big smile from ear to ear now this afternoon

No prizes for guessing correctly what this will turn into but here's a clue "Houdini"

20170801_155255 (002)

yeah baby, yeah.....

Unless I'm completely mistaken,  that's a Jawa Crawler. Also known as a Sandcrawler.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gimme Shelter said:

can I have her sister's number please...!

FA Girls product page

For their model kits, look for the items labelled as 'plastic models'. They are articulated and come with prepainted face parts.

If you want to get your hands on them (pun really intended), try contacting your local pimp, I mean, shop which have experiences in japanese niche stuffs, or try japanese online pi-, I mean, shop.

I have good experiences with HobbyLink Japan and Hobby Search, however other Japanese online shop generally have good reviews too

Edited by solowing666

3 hours ago, solowing666 said:

FA Girls product page

For their model kits, look for the items labelled as 'plastic models'. They are articulated and come with prepainted face parts.

If you want to get your hands on them (pun really intended), try contacting your local pimp, I mean, shop which have experiences in japanese niche stuffs, or try japanese online pi-, I mean, shop.

I have good experiences with HobbyLink Japan and Hobby Search, however other Japanese online shop generally have good reviews too

wow - now that website has taken me to an all new world of amazing stuff - nice reply - its a bloke thing !!

• Thanks 1

I finally got around to having a rummage in the Sandcrawler packaging today and as you can see, Resin is not for the feint hearted - this will only be the 2nd resin challenge I will be taking on but I have invested in a band saw and a flat bed sander to get me through the prep stages of these track castings and the rest of the crawler later on in the year.

A Diesel say - " Only The Brave "

20170803_163550 (002)

• Like 2

A lot depends on who is producing the resin kit- some go together almost like a styrene kit and others are nightmares on wheels. I personally do not enjoy building resin kits that much, but then again I am 59 and spent most of my life pushing styrene so I know how to make it dance.

Randy Cooper has some pretty good engineering on his products- looking forward to seeing this project develop...

2 hours ago, Caerbannog said:

Please do a Sandcrawler WIP! Please, please, please :-D

René

will do for sure, I promise - once I've got the Star Destroyer off the workbench (se WIP section) - although I work across 2 x 10 foot long workbenches, there's only so much room for big resin Cooper kits... !  :pipe:

Getting a package from Japan is always exciting....

36236526811_f561b7f2ab_c.jpg

What's in this one?

36328379426_89b5854dd0_c.jpg

That's right, it's SIX Vehicle Model X-wings -- for the entire Red Squadron from A New Hope. This should occupy my evenings for the next month or so :)

• Like 4