Wingnut Wings going live on Wetaworkshop

Beardie

It also appears that they have increased the amount of 'Weta dollars' you earn with each purchase from one for every twenty US dollars spent to one for every ten US dollars which, if you buy a kit at £68.60 shows a return of 8.90 Weta dollars which equates to £6.93 (Weta dollars are equal to US dollars)

I wonder if they are still going to double the percentage of Weta dollars you earn after you spend more than £500 on the site. That would be a considerable discount.

My account says Silver now which accounts for the 10% weta dollars.
The threshold is 500 dollars, not pounds, so that's probably why you're getting the higher rate.

2000 dollars required for 15% so I shan't be hitting that level at any point. :)

I am showing as a Silver collector also but I don't believe I had spent $500 yet. I had so far bought the Roland D.VIa and Sopwith Snipe and, on buying an Albatros D.Va and Salmson/otsu I got the 10% so, unless those two were included to net me the higher rate I was up to less than $300 even including the cost of shipping and VAT.

I think the current order must be included.
I've also bought four and the final one could have just barely brought me up the the 500 dollars (dependant on exchange rate).

Edit: Have just checked and my last purchase brought me just slightly over the 500usd barrier at current exchange rate and I got the 10% bonus on that purchase.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) the only other model in the range that I fancy is the Gotha and I just don't have the space for it.

Scouts and fighters will be my limit in 1/32.

Ah but what about the Sopwith Camel when it arrives? I bet you'll want one or two of them!

I couldn't resist the Gotha :D though I bought mine from another BM'er and I am praying that at some point they produce a Zeppelin Staaken. That would be awesome! even if I don't have anywhere to put a model that would be roughly the same size as a 1/48 scale B29 Superfortress :wub::worthy:B)

• Like 1

I've just gone on my account and my RFC Armament sprue got me $0.50 in Weta dollars so I have a long way to go before qualifying for a discount.

I think Weta could do with updating their ordering system though. I received my sprue within a week of ordering, got a dispatch email a week after receiving the item but the order is listed under orders not shipped on my account! Confusing or what?

I bought a Gotha when it first came out. I'm not sure if I'll get round to building it but it is a nice to have and look in the box from time to time and fondle plastic.

Regards,

Mark

19 hours ago, Beardie said:

Ah but what about the Sopwith Camel when it arrives? I bet you'll want one or two of them!

A Camel would definitely tempt me as would a Spad. :)

I have the Roden 1/72 Gotha IV... that'll have to do... unless of course I overindulge in Rioja some evening and still have web access. ;)

22 hours ago, Howlindawg said:

A Camel would definitely tempt me as would a Spad. :)

I have the Roden 1/72 Gotha IV... that'll have to do... unless of course I overindulge in Rioja some evening and still have web access. ;)

Been there, done that ;) Much recommended!

(Not Rioja though, but a fine single malt, Talisker IIRC, or two, or three...)

Christian exiled to africa

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 7:55 PM, Howlindawg said:

Unfortunately (or fortunately) the only other model in the range that I fancy is the Gotha and I just don't have the space for it.

Scouts and fighters will be my limit in 1/32.

OK - so I lied. :)

Not about the Gotha but decided to have a Snipe and Roland CII.

Unfortunately I made an error in the order and had to get in touch with customer care.

They obligingly cancelled the order and added a WetaDollars credit to cover re-ordering.

For some reason the new order cost me an extra 1.60 (currency fluctuation of Weta Dollars? :) ) and I've just realized that I've alos lost out on my 10% of Weta dollars for the order so have mailed them to see if they can sort that too. Overall, despite the delayed response time, Weta customer service has been impressive so far.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all,

Has anyone bought anything from Weta recently?

I had a wee win on the puggies and decided to treat myself to another one the other day and, every time I tried to pay the website jumped back to the home page. After a half dozen tries I gave up and went and spent my cash elsewhere (Model Hobbies Planet Models 1/32 Ponnier, Port Victoria and some modelling supplies).

Just wondering if anyone else had a similar experience.

Sometimes I get the feeling that Wingnut Wings don't really want to sell anything :hmmm:

I haven't seen that problem, it might be worth trying a different browser.

I did notice that the Gotha showed as shipping from all warehouses but when you go to buy the only option is shipping from NZ.

Yeah - I weakened; but not enough to suck up the importation charges and extra shipping costs.

Sorry scratch that I see that Sean says they have now all gone.

I've got my Gotha :D I can't deny that I contemplated buying Seans' one the other day but decided that one is probably enough for the moment.

On 11/5/2016 at 0:52 AM, Beardie said:

Sorry scratch that I see that Sean says they have now all gone.

I've got my Gotha :D I can't deny that I contemplated buying Seans' one the other day but decided that one is probably enough for the moment.

You are right Beardie, they've all gone. I sold the F2b and LVG separate and somebody made me an offer on the remaining kits.

I sold them very reluctantly but, I have to face facts that my hands will no longer allow me to continue modelling. All my paints, airbrushes and tools are going up next :unsure: 

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I have a red bank account so cannot take advantage of Black Friday.....oh well :crying: Still I am waiting on a Junkers J.1 arriving and the missus has an AMC DH.9 and Sopwith Snipe stashed for my Christmas and, hopefully, I will have some spare cash towards the last days of the year if they finally get the humped beastie out.

• 6 months later...

FWIW, you can order direct from WNW again. I bought a Sopwith Snipe(Early) on the 26/5/17.

They give you a choice on checkout from the website to use WETA if you want to as well. 

• Like 1