AMT P-40N,Sharkmouth included!

Morning folk's put the finishing touches to this one over the weekend,a 1/48 Warhawk was on the hit list at the recent Northern

show but proved to be thin on the ground I was on my way back to pick up a Monogram kit I,d seen when I spied this AMT

one for a tenner.The decals were beyond help so I ordered a set from the big H.I always admire Russ C's Warhawk builds

hence the kit but also some of the different far east schemes too so on the sheet was an "N" flown in 1945 by Cpt. Wang Kuang

Fu,7th F.G. 3rd F.G. of the Chinese air force.A nice kit to build,some beautiful engraving the only part I didn't like was having

to cut out a section of the fuselage for the extended glazing but I just about managed!Thank's for looking in.

DSCN3310_zpswbm7tqz0.jpg

DSCN3312_zpsu8wgx1nz.jpg

DSCN3316_zpsoszv7hrm.jpg

DSCN3317_zpslzkptnzi.jpg

DSCN3320_zpsnkcgge7r.jpg

DSCN3319_zpso2w8wxon.jpg

DSCN3321_zpspjis2p1w.jpg

DSCN3322_zpsrg3afx7r.jpg

• Like 17

Hi Steve,

you are really outdoing yourself with every new build. This one is a real beaut!

I like the clean, weathering-free build, as one can just admire the great lines of this plane without any muddy distractions!!!

Congrats Sir!

JR

• Like 1

Hi Steve,

you are really outdoing yourself with every new build. This one is a real beaut!

I like the clean, weathering-free build, as one can just admire the great lines of this plane without any muddy distractions!!!

Congrats Sir!

JR

Many thanks Jean,I try to restrict myself to just a panel wash to bring out the detail although I keep promising myself I'll move on to more

detailed paint effects and weathering one day!

Nicely handled Steve, and that grid backdrop is a great way of setting off the model very nicely in the photos.

Tony

Thank,s Tony it,s some of the wife's wrapping paper!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Steve, that build looks super good but I have a question. Did your kit have the same fuselage flaw that both of my kits have ? just in front of the tail the fuselage seems to have an offset ( problem with the molds ). I have been contemplating a way to fix it. I have not ruled out the option of cutting the fuselage completely off at the offset since it is at a panel line and simply reattaching it correctly. Any thoughts ? Thanks. Bob H.

• Like 1

Hey Steve, that build looks super good but I have a question. Did your kit have the same fuselage flaw that both of my kits have ? just in front of the tail the fuselage seems to have an offset ( problem with the molds ). I have been contemplating a way to fix it. I have not ruled out the option of cutting the fuselage completely off at the offset since it is at a panel line and simply reattaching it correctly. Any thoughts ? Thanks. Bob H.

Hi Bob,no issues at all in that area just a bit of warping at the front of both fuselage halves.Cutting the tail off might be the answer put a collar into

the fuselage for strength though.