Spanish Civil War GB II 33 and STILL growing!

I am definitely still interested - I'll probably pick up a few more SCW books to go along with my ever-growing collection. I just recently bought a Bleriot Spad S-51 C1 kit - I might do that for the build. Something a bit out of the ordinary amidst the Heinkels and Polikarpovs.

Best Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I have read it my Esteemed Lord Enzo. I have also commented on an idea to allocate GBs in the same manner as STGBs to make life even easier.

My intention is to wake everybody up who may have given up and get them involved again. I love the idea of rolling in with Col's suggestion too.

For the benefit of those that aren't up to speed it has been suggested that the Continuation War and this SCW GB are rolled into Col's Small Wars GB. Col is happy to do this which is great. Enzo is suggesting running the GBs over the threshold next year which will mean no vote. I have made a suggestion as above which would put a stop to signing up for things only to find they all clash, it could also encourage people to make something different. It may also mean that my two GB finishes out of ??? shows a marked improvement :D 

• Like 1

Although there was at one point discussion on the Small Wars GB thread of excluding the SCW due to its size and recognisable nature it was decided to include it and I'd be delighted for this to be the case if it means we can all enjoy partaking in a GB which gives coverage to lesser known and modelled conflicts.

• Like 1

Hello, you can count me again

By the way, do anybody have an idea, how German U-33 or U-34 looked during their participation in SCW? It would be nice to make model of one with Spanish/Franco ensign.

On 10/13/2018 at 12:45 PM, SleeperService said:

For the benefit of those that aren't up to speed it has been suggested that the Continuation War and this SCW GB are rolled into Col's Small Wars GB.

I declared my interest back in post #271. However my name has failed to be placed on the list. Not a big deal as I'm still interested in this build. I can go with the build either way, be it stand alone or as part of Col.’s  Small wars GB. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
On 09/04/2023 at 12:45, JWM said:

Was there this GB (and I overlooked it) or the idea died?

Regards

J-W

On 09/04/2023 at 12:54, Enzo the Magnificent said:

It didn't make it through the bunfight.

J-W, if you still want to make a Spanish Civil War subject it would fit nicely into the Southern Europe GB running later this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Wez said:

J-W, if you still want to make a Spanish Civil War subject it would fit nicely into the Southern Europe GB running later this year.

Thank you! Currently a bit unexpected to myself (since as a by-product of construction of Latecoere 290) I have just started a scratch work on Latecoere 28-1 from SCW. This will be in a regular WIP thread... I have still some less then ten subjects of SCW to do in my stash. Maybe I will join the Southern Europe GB with them, but maybe with some Italians, which I want to do anyway during this year... Anyway, good to know about this GB, thanks! I feel myself invited :) 

Regards

J-W

• Like 3