Royal Aircraft Factory BE2c

Here is my bash at the Airfix BE2c. Straight OOB. Went together really well and looks a nice little machine.

The boxing has two options that flown by William Leefe Robinson of 39 Squadron RFC, in which he shot down a Zeppelin. I chose the RNAS option which doesn't identify the squadron but is the Royal Naval Air Squadron East Fortune, East Lothian, December 1916. I chose this one due to my FAA/RNAS interests, the option for the rockets on the struts and the fact I had worked a little at East Fortune Hospital, which is on the same basic site, back in the '80's.

The WIP can be found http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235003821-be2c/page-1 . As said straight out of the box using one set of the transfers provided. I used Revell Aqua Olive Green for the PC10 and Citadel Bleached Bone with a touch of yellow for the Linen. Had a bash at natural wood which is variable. No rigging as life's too short. I like it and it's a good build, had fun doing it.

image_zpsh3earwm0.jpeg

image_zpspsjhghbj.jpeg

image_zpssmnwjefw.jpeg

Foliage deliberate (or possibly optional)

image_zpsnrby5bip.jpeg

image_zps0hihlceq.jpeg

• Like 17

Looking good... (woudn't mind seeing a few pics from "ground level" though!) Might have to get one of these. Cheers, D

Thanks. Will see what I can do Dave. I mainly use my iPad for photos so although good for above not such a good device for level photos. I'll see what I can conjure up tomorrow. May end up with a new skill.

Very nice build indeed. Been over to East Fortune a couple of times this year, a great museum.

Try the iPad upside down for the pics, I had the same difficulty getting pics of my Seaking last week.

Eng

Looking good... (woudn't mind seeing a few pics from "ground level" though!) Might have to get one of these. Cheers, D

I've played about with the iPad and hopefully these will pass muster.

image_zps9if31lej.jpeg

image_zpslmtfquwd.jpeg

image_zpsljmarqgf.jpeg

• Like 2