Trumpeter's 1/48 Westland Wyvern S.4 finished

Looking nice Tony.
Your WIP pictures are not showing up.
The RFI ones do show.

When you cut open the panels over the engine, did you scratch build all the details there?
What colour/paint did you choose for the prop spinners? I like it and the texture/gloss level.
Was it "RailMatch 2306 BR Maroon (acrylic)" ?

Edited by Maurice William Hilarius

21 hours ago, Maurice William Hilarius said:

Looking nice Tony.
Your WIP pictures are not showing up.
The RFI ones do show.

When you cut open the panels over the engine, did you scratch build all the details there?
What colour/paint did you choose for the prop spinners? I like it and the texture/gloss level.
Was it "RailMatch 2306 BR Maroon (acrylic)" ?

Hi Maurice,

Thanks for the comment, I haven't yet been able to find any WIP pictures!

Although I had everything backed-up on an external hard drive, I am told that a particularly nasty virus attacked my system, despite using AVG Ultimate and as the external drive was attached, everything, and I mean everything was lost (actually the engineer used the word 'fried'!

Fortunately, all my photographs were also backed up on CD-ROMs but not my modelling photographs, so only a minor hic-cup but I do still have my Windows 7 machine stored away and am hoping that I may still have the modelling stuff stored on that but it will take sometime until I can gain access to it, but I haven't forgotten!

With regard to the engine, yes it is scratch built and not necassarily accurate whilst the paint, yes it is RailMatch 306 BR Maroon but is enamel, not 'spawn of the devel' sorry, Acrylic :D

I'll drop you a line, if I do manage to find the WIP pictures!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tony C said:

Tony C wrote:

"Hi Maurice,

Thanks for the comment, I haven't yet been able to find any WIP pictures!"

"With regard to the engine, yes it is scratch built and not necessarily accurate whilst the paint, yes it is RailMatch 306 BR Maroon but is enamel, not 'spawn of the devel' sorry, Acrylic :D"

Ah.. OK, did you locate some photographs of the engine that helped ?

"I'll drop you a line, if I do manage to find the WIP pictures!"

Please do not go out of your way with this!

Thanks for the help, friend.

1 hour ago, Alpha Juliet said:

How can an aircraft be ugely and beautiful at the same time!  Great model of a suprisingly good aeroplane.

Well said! Totally agree, that's an excellent model.

Terry

Thanks for all the comments, much appreciated :worthy:

Maurice, the WIP pictures, such as they are, have been found and added to the initial post, as for references/sources for the auxillary engine bay, these came from the book "From the Cockpit No.1 - Wyvern" (0-946958-53-X), Scale Aircraft Modelling (Vol 14 or 16, issue 6) and the internet!

Everything from the rear of the kit plastic is scratchbuilt BUT, I must stress that my interpretation of this area,  should be considered inaccurate, as I was unable to find any clear pictures, which show the area fully!

Thanks for the interest,

Tony C

Edited by Tony C