Revell Airbus A-319 British Airways

First ever Group Build entry so be gentle on me! Took advantage of this kit being £6 on Amazon, the box shows why it's so cheap

7C5A26B4-05E5-4BA9-8DAF-D32AE1982599_zps

Current update on build:

3C5D69DB-12C0-4420-BF0C-EA6A6817F970_zps

First time I've built a conventional airliner so this should hopefully be easy, all out of the box with BA decals too

• Like 2

It's a nice like kit, always looks good.

I wish I took pics of it before I started as the flash was everywhere... but alas, I like a challenge and I'm stupidly OCD, so should hopefully do a good job on this. Should be a nice break from the Concordes too

If it's your first time building the Revell A319 note that the wings as supplied are only correct for the A321. If you haven't already done so (I can't tell from the photos) you need to remove the small fairings on the underside and fill a few panel lines. Not a lot to it but it does make a difference. See post 22 in this thread

HTH

Dave G

• Like 1

If it's your first time building the Revell A319 note that the wings as supplied are only correct for the A321. If you haven't already done so (I can't tell from the photos) you need to remove the small fairings on the underside and fill a few panel lines. Not a lot to it but it does make a difference. See post 22 in this thread

HTH

Dave G

Yep I have! Thankfully they've updated the instructions so it's actually one of the stages to remove the fairings, I did a little bit of research on here before starting this build so had a bit of a heads up on it anyways

Little update tonight;

8119A83F-6CFC-44CB-87A0-0E266B9CE8B4_zps

Some primer down before I ran out, can see I need to do some work on the join along the top of the fuselage still but so far it's going smoothly. Will be popping to Halfords tomorrow to top up on the paints needed for this

• Like 2

Will you be filling the cabin windows with anything or just laying a decal over them?

Clearfix and then the decals is the plan! Shall see how it turns out because if it doesn't look good enough to me I may get some F-Dcal's ordered

• Like 1

Nice work so far, I do like these Revell kits, they turn out very nice models. For the windows is the clearfix waterbased? I ask this as I used Krystal Klear one time and laid a decal over it and it took forever for the Klear to dry to crystal clear like a window. Not sure if Clearfix would do the same. Looking forward to more progress on this

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

EE790D3E-3180-47E6-8DD4-AA531F019B6D_zps

Small update on the production line, after a trip to Halfords for primer, Appliance White and Fiesta Blue the main fuselage is almost done (bar a few touch ups with the paint work, was harder than I thought to mask up the edges!) It's nice little kit though that's very easy to put together and very few problems with the fit.

I'm still unsure about the windows though so will see how they go with ClearFix and the decals over laid on them. Wings are going to be a challenge though, I'm using spray cans (novice here..) and couldn't find any cans in Halfords that would justify the wings, so I'm tempted to do it by hand.. we shall see!

• Like 5

With due respect to Tom Probert Dove Grey is too dark and too brown for my eyes. Try Racking Grey instead. It's one of Halford's workshop range, not a car paint, and is usually found shelved separately from the car range. I use it as my standard Boeing Grey (it's very close to FS16515) and it would probably serve for Airbus Grey as well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Small update...

583F8173-6221-4BD9-A800-A23A66D99F92_zps

58AFA6B4-A425-4747-97A1-9E71E9A442FC_zps

The wings look a lot darker than they are but I'm considering doing them again, maybe even attempt a panel wash for the first time ever. The decals though have been quite a pain, I'll take some pics in the morning of the problems with how they're wrapping around the tail.. need to figure out a way to tidy them up. It's a nice kit though, there's a lot of flash to deal with on the engines which I'll start tomorrow, and I need to tidy up the line work along the fuselage too but for a first proper airliner it's a fun build (only made Concorde before so my first conventional airliner before!)

• Like 1