Apollo 11 recovery - FINISHED

AdrianMF

Great to see this one back underway Adrian and it's looking excellent! I am well impressed with your command module. Your diver looks like it could be an alien - perhaps the command module has landed elsewhere in the Universe! 

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 2

Another day at the bench! The figures are coming along - "two out of three ain't bad":

IMG_2283.jpg

I've decided to use crumpled silver foil for the sea surface after a quick test:

IMG_2284.jpg

And I've cut some holes in the base so the capsule and boat float in the sea, not on it:

IMG_2285.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Adrian

• Like 4

More figure work - lapels, cleaning up the divers face and getting a pose from the Hunter pilot:

IMG_2287.jpg

Every major joint has been cut apart from the elbows, and the head has been sanded down to remove the helmet. Oh, and I lost a lower leg! it would almost be less work to get the green stuff out:

IMG_2288.jpg

Back to sea for some light relief. The extra balsa bits are to make waves. Mark out where the module and dinghy are going to go:

IMG_2289.jpg

Crumple the foil (it shrinks about 5%) and cut some holes to fit the depressions. Then slather it in PVA and stick it to the base, making it flat at the edges and tucking it in tightly around the models:

IMG_2290.jpg

Lots of filling on the dinghy frogman:

IMG_2293.jpg

And the additional crew is ready!

IMG_2310.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Adrian

• Like 3

Excellent work Adrian, that is tremendous! Brings back memories of watching the news reports on a grainy 22 inch black & white TV screen! I really do like that dio! (& you inspired me to pick up a set of Old 66 decals for one of my Sea Kings - but that one will be firmly parked on deck!)

Top job!

Keith

• Like 1

Hi Adrian. That is absolutely stunning. From an brilliant idea to an excellently modelled vignette. Wonderful! I am really impressed with your project. Very well done! :worthy: 

Edit - I'm still hoping you have some time to get your 5 photos in the gallery! :frantic:

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 1

It looked looks great Adrian. For some reason the pictures won't show up embedded in the thread on my phone, but if I click on the image name it takes me to the image website and I can see them :) 

I really like the figures :) 

:worthy: 

TonyT

• Like 1

Hi Adrian. Just been checking out the photos in the gallery and I have to say I am well impressed! Great idea and production! Very well done. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Congratulations Adrian, lots of us of a certain age getting very nostalgic  ;) :clap:

Mrs Jockney and I took to tribe to the Kennedy Space Centre this year, for anyone who hasn't been, put it on the bucket list, you won't belies the size of a Saturn 5 rocket ! :yikes:

cheers Pat

• Like 1