1/72 RS Models Henschel Hs-132B

Like Karl I was thinking more of a tiger when I did the scheme. Today I started by masking the engine:

P1130697_zpsnxh71rna.jpg

Then I got the RLM82 applied, not forgetting the DF loop:

P1130698_zpstdueiw4p.jpg

When dry I removed the masking to reveal this:

P1130699_zpspsqzojsj.jpg

Then I applied a coat of Aqua gloss ready for decals and a panel line wash to all these parts:

P1130700_zps3yngxd29.jpg

I soon got the kit decals applied as there aren't that many provided but they did behave beautifully. I would rather use a whole Swastika from my Extradecal set rather than the split one in the kit even though these smallest ones are a little bigger:

P1130701_zpsveuqtgv7.jpg

Then I had a hunt in my spares box for the walkway markings, serial numbers, stencils and filler point markings:

P1130702_zpspfnrtehi.jpg

I have now given the decals another protective coat of Aqua gloss and should get the panel line wash done today so it can harden up over night.

Bye for now,

Nigel

• Like 13

This is from last night where I got the panel line wash applied using Payne's Grey oil paint:

P1130703_zpspfxk1gkl.jpg

Now could get on with the final assembly of the remaining parts, mainly on the underside:

P1130705_zpsyxurhd59.jpg

Finishing with the DF loop on the engine:

P1130706_zpsmv7zxwmk.jpg

As you can see it's not a tail sitter but it is very close:

P1130707_zpsznwipimv.jpg

Next I applied a coat of matt varnish and could then unmask the canopy during which this happened:

P1130708_zpspmublubw.jpg

That was actually a good thing as it allowed me to remove a couple of pieces of dirt that had got inside some how. The canopy was reattached with Gator Grip and the final job was a touch of black pastel weathering here and there:

P1130709_zpsqjll8guq.jpg

With that I'm calling this one finished, the RFI can be found here.

Bye for now,

Nigel

• Like 10

Hi Nigel,

Excellent build of an interesting aircraft. The scratch built details you added put this model at a higher level and there's a lot to be learnt from your techniques. Thanks for sharing the detailed build steps.

As a Luft'46 fan I added this kit to my wish list and am bookmarking your WIP thread as a reference.

Again, congrats! :clap2:

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

Looking really good. Nice - in the mathematical sense, like all your builds. And so quick - done and dusted (heh heh) in three pages! Has the PE set for the Kamov turned up yet?

Cheers,

Alex.

• Like 1

Thanks Alex, yes the PE for the Kamov arrived a few days ago and I have done a bit of work on it during the slack periods of this build. I will be updating that build later on today.

• Like 1

A really nice model Nigel, your added details make all the difference. A stunning insight into what the real thing would/should have looked like in service.

:goodjob:

Best regards

Tony

• Like 1

Wow marvelous micro engineering. The cockpit looks a bit like the HG Wells Time Machine. In the film George Wells uses a model to demonstrate time travel to a group of friends. He sends the little machine off into the future, never to be seen again. Now we know its fate - it turned up on Nigels' bench :P

• Like 1