QANTAS B737-838 VH-VXQ **FINISHED**

Off topic real quick, but would dumping a whole kit into acetone or using that debonder work? I have a BAe 146 that's all built up, but lacks any paint. Back on track.... sorry about your woes with the super glue. Keep at it, I'm really interested in seeing another civie from you .

Drew

• Like 1

Off topic real quick, but would dumping a whole kit into acetone or using that debonder work? I have a BAe 146 that's all built up, but lacks any paint. Back on track.... sorry about your woes with the super glue. Keep at it, I'm really interested in seeing another civie from you .

Drew

Be careful, I dunked a few resin parts in acetone and it chemically broke the parts down.....they looked like miniature bloomin' onions when I pulled them out.

Ryan

Edited by The 3rd Placer

Looks good. Great save from that superglue mess! Would standard Revell Contacta or something along those lines have worked, or is there a specific reason for using superglue? Sorry if it's a stupid question I've never used resin... :banghead:

Thanks Alexander, you can only glue resin with superglue or epoxy. I used a fair amount thinking it would take a while to set. Seems this did not work and it 'grabbed straight away.

Waiting for current round of puttying to set so I can resand

Hopefully the filling is at an end, I ended up removing all the moulded on antennas as they were getting in the way of the seam repair.

Started engine assembly and have built the stand. I could not resist a test fit...

144_Rev_B738_%20QF_22_zps2wqef1yu.jpg

]144_Rev_B738_%20QF_24_zpspjwiczzm.jpg

• Like 10

Still doing some minor filling on this one. Have manged to get some grey paint on it. Will start masking for the leading edges shortly.

Engines have had some attention as well and will be ready for paint as well soon.

It's looking good but aren't you the guy who suggested something simple and oob. Lots of hard work here but it's coming together.

Yep, the B767 build is coming along much faster now since it is OOB :D

Engines are masked and in the process of being painted. Winglets are being painful to paint as the red keeps getting under the masking.

144_Rev_B738_%20QF_28_zpskvel3crm.jpg

144_Rev_B738_%20QF_29_zpsecboouh0.jpg

144_Rev_B738_%20QF_30_zpsjedyjhcc.jpg

• Like 3

It's looking very good Ray. Interesting and a learning experience, to see all the different stages of masking; thanks for sharing the pictures.

All the best

Tony

• Like 1

Been masking and painting and I now at this stage. Adding the engines to the wings will some touch ups no doubt.

Engines painted

144_Rev_B738_%20QF_31_zps6toyy6kk.jpg

and masking removed. I had just gloss coated with future when these shots were taken

144_Rev_B738_%20QF_32_zpsopc5u4j9.jpg

144_Rev_B738_%20QF_34_zpsyg1mgtr6.jpg

• Like 2