Tamiya 1/35 JSU-152

Hi all,

I have here the last of my bench clogging builds that have been collecting over the past two years. Now this build had been started nearly a year ago but for some unknown reason I boxed it complete and stashed it with it only requiring it's track and tow cable, only for me to find it about a month ago expecting it still packaged but actually built... the words 'brain-fart' come to mind there...

Besides, I placed the tow cable on and decided against both the link and length track and the rubber bands finding myself having to spend a few evenings drilling my fingers friul track out. The track turned out pretty well once submerged in track burnishing liquid.

Upon painting the tank I used the Hannant's Enamel Xtracolour Russian Green to give it a relatively convincing Russian finish. I then decided to abandon the decals and try painting the decals for myself in some hair-brained thunk but this build was relatively lucky for me and so far everything was going as planned and I was rather happy with the white band, it's streaks and the crude Russian stars which were a mix of me trying to be historically accurate and my less than brilliant art skills.

Moving onto the weathering stage I took to the brown paint and packing sponge on a stick to replicate heavy chipping which I might of over-done on the reserve fuel tanks but everywhere else went alright. A Klear coat was applied to seal the enamel paints in so I could then get to work with enamel thinners and oil paints to create first a dark orange filter and then a series of streaks using similar dark oranges for rust, raw umber for grime and a watered down mix of scarlet and raw umber for diesel spills on the reserve fuel tanks.

A graphite stick was used on the road wheels to show the metallic nature of them. I also used a mix of Humbrol's 29 Enamel Dark Earth and Humbrol's Model-filler to create the mud paste that I seem to enjoy too much making and stippled it all over the mud guards and running gear. I didn't go overboard however as I believed that as this is meant to show a tank trundling round Berlin, although it would be in an environment of nothing more than hard-core and rubble I just wanted to show what was built up to be that of rubble and dust that had been made into a slurry by rain etc.

Thanks for looking!

Sam

6A12DD0C-4D38-4A72-907F-D9B0E0367425_zps

A3E52E0B-0AC7-4B25-8C5C-8EB051BAE377_zps

EBD9A5E4-B120-4593-9D21-EB5E9E771C99_zps

56E9F5CA-AE52-45D9-8AC8-22F74418CB1D_zps

81197C62-C79A-4186-BC7C-699EE100AFBD_zps

15DAABF2-90CD-487F-87DF-C55006A3974C_zps

2373882E-2289-4D6F-9D63-15220F786855_zps

Just as an Add-on, the flag was milliput rolled around a mutilated toothpick rubbed in raw umber. Although the 'flag pole' is way too large I thought it would make more sense that the crew would of rustled up any format of stick to hang the colours of their beloved motherland on.

Again, thanks!

Sam

• Like 14

Nice one Big Beast in it like the way you have done the white brushed on look always hard to get in scale I find

Cracking Job

Beefy

• Like 1