Tamiya AMX-13 French Light Tank

Nice way to add the required sag in the tracks Joe, I'll have to remember that trick :goodjob:

Thank you Julian. I must remember to have a look at the monster your building.
  • Like 1

Hi Joe,

Oc

Very nice, build and topic, so far.

I forgot to ask, what's your choice in colour options?

Thank you Antoine, there are just 2 options take come with the kit. Both are overall Olive Green. The paint Tamiya suggest is from their AS spray paint range, AS-14. That's the colour I've used. I'm also using the markings that are show on the box art (see page 1). This is from an unknown French Army Unit with the word DUROC painted on the turret. I think this is named after Geraud Duroc associated with Napoleon. Joe

Duroc, there you go.

It's a tank from 11e régiment de Chasseur, based at Berlin.

A few specificities, first with the paint, which was not the original French paint, as it was supplied by the town of Berlin.

There's also a light in front of the TC hatch, designed for patrol along Die Mauer (Not seen on the pic).

amx13%2075%202a%2018%202680145%20duroc%2

• Like 1

Duroc, there you go.

It's a tank from 11e régiment de Chasseur, based at Berlin.

A few specificities, first with the paint, which was not the original French paint, as it was supplied by the town of Berlin.

There's also a light in front of the TC hatch, designed for patrol along Die Mauer (Not seen on the pic).

amx13%2075%202a%2018%202680145%20duroc%2

Great photo, thank you Antoine. Thanks also for the information. Joe

Your build has inspired me to have go at a related project.....Similar in some regards, but considerably more Shermany (& smaller). :winkgrin:

Thank you Sgt.Squarehead. I will keep an eye out for your Shermany build. :)

I persuaded the nice folk at Model Miniature (http://www.model-miniature.com/) to sell me the turret parts from their 1/72 AMX-13, which I will be combining with a UM M4A4 hull and quite a few other bits to make one of these:

M4A4-AMX-13-latrun-2.jpg

As they were so helpful, I felt it would be rude not to buy one of these as well:

M51-Isherman-latrun-1.jpg

Just to keep it company. :coolio:

Sorry for the slight veer :offtopic:

• Like 3

I persuaded the nice folk at Model Miniature (http://www.model-miniature.com/) to sell me the turret parts from their 1/72 AMX-13, which I will be combining with a UM M4A4 hull and quite a few other bits to make one of these:

M4A4-AMX-13-latrun-2.jpg

As they were so helpful, I felt it would be rude not to buy one of these as well:

M51-Isherman-latrun-1.jpg

Just to keep it company. :coolio:

Sorry for the slight veer :offtopic:

No problem Sgt.Squarehead. I never knew the AMX turret was fitted to a Sherman body. I have the Tamiya Super Sherman in my stash. :)

I've put the tracks on and the top hull is now in place. I've added a few other detail parts, like the lights and other bits. I took some photos. Sorry about the quality, the light is going fast and I've used a couple of torches. They show the amount of sag that the tracks have now they are permanently in place.

52606CF8-9088-42C4-8CE5-357DDAE0D5D8_zps

Side view

5528D554-BA7D-40AF-BB05-1846D44DF75C_zps

Forward section

73824858-E530-44F6-8513-94B166B54FB9_zps

Rear section.

As you can see, there are some heavy shadows caused by the torch light, but they give some idea of the finished tracks.

Thanks for looking, Joe

• Like 3

Well that's just about the best I've seen large scale band tracks look.....Impressive stuff. :coolio:

Thank you Sgt.Squarehead. Your Sherman conversion is going to look very interesting. :)

Was looking at the AMX kit at Bovington shop couple of weeks ago.Nice but god knows when id get round to building it.

Richard

• Like 1

NIce progress, coming along nicely... :popcorn: , cheers mate

Thank you Francis, cheers mate :)

Was looking at the AMX kit at Bovington shop couple of weeks ago.Nice but god knows when id get round to building it.

Richard

Hello Richard, it goes together quick and is a simple paint scheme.

I've done all the main parts of the tank. I have to add the tools and some other detail.

7CF93619-C48B-4A49-884B-9606BF48B2DB_zps

Top view

7628B06F-5D94-44F9-8DAD-EFDB00C050E9_zps

I still have some of the detail to paint.

BC4FC1A1-B3BA-4392-94C9-73F5DAF57B0C_zps

I intend only to give the finished model a light weathering.

I'm painting the tools next. When these are painted and glued in place the model will almost be completed. I still have the figure to paint. I'm not particularly good at painting figures, so I will keep it as simple as I can.

Thanks for looking, Joe.

• Like 2

Figures....my Némesis.... :hanging: ... :popcorn:

I'm just going to paint the figure then give him a black wash and see how that looks. In the meantime, I've painted the tools. These can be added to the model over the next day or so.

01446E58-2FE0-4829-98AE-63DAA95180CF_zps

Tools ready for attaching to the model.

Thanks for looking, Joe.

• Like 1

Looks good for me... :popcorn: , cheers Joe

Thank you, cheers Francis :)

I've glued all the tools and the other detailed parts on. I need to add some whip aerials to the turret and paint a few details like the lights. I've also made a start on the figure. After I've painted the detail, I will give the model a light dusting with weathering pigment.

A8BD369C-E317-4BE3-BD7B-EB8AA984ADFE_zps

The commander figure in the turret

10C6F1AF-13C3-4210-A108-8FE4CE198A75_zps

Tamiya masking tape was used to represent the straps on the jerry can

A07CA9BD-77B9-4182-B6EE-17D2460C913A_zps

I put some brown gouache on the wooden handles of the tools.

Thank you for looking, Joe

• Like 4