Revell 1/32 Westland Lynx HAS.3 'Black Cat'

Update 6

More progress... as mention above one of my paints has a arrived, so I got straight into the cabin floor. Sorry about the lack of progress shots, as I was excited at finally doing the floor and being able to finish cockpit/cabin.

Anyway, here are some shots of it after some floor washes.

P1400840_zpspkhrlkwj.jpgP1400841_zpsxhpkzjmg.jpgP1400842_zpssvm7atyl.jpg

P1400843_zpslnnyysnl.jpg

(you can see some of my work is a bit messy, but you will hardly notice it in the completed model... )

I also progressed with the seats. I imitated the sheep's skin seat covers with some filler, which I let dry till it was tacky then messed it up a bit.

P1400836_zpsgaawdd7d.jpg

After that I progressed with painting. These still need a lot of touch up work still!!

P1400839_zpstapphs1w.jpg

Tail boom and rotor was completed, rotor is masked.

P1400844_zpsm6mi6oel.jpg

Started work on the mesh intake covers:

P1400846_zpsvkghz88a.jpg

Wheels worked on a little

P1400845_zpsmxzr2xia.jpg

Here I painted the doors with a base coat... I was originally going to use the same colour as the body of the chopper, but it looks a bit dark... guess I will have to do some mixing!

P1400847_zpsxe1tbgpx.jpg

Here is the nose wheel leg, with a hose/wire made out of wire.. saw this in pictures so I replicated it... similar work to be done on the main wheel legs.

P1400849_zpsv3yjte9i.jpg

That's all for now.... fingers crossed my other paints arrive soon.. latest delivery date was 18th august, so it's cutting it a bit fine... still haven't heard from Revell either... probably will contact them soon.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Update 7

Hello all. I know it's been a long time coming, but I have finally got around to making another update.

I have stuck the fuselage together, which is a little fiddly but I managed it.

P1400863_zpsgfcz9nw6.jpg

P1400870_zpsh9ahyn8z.jpg

And also put the tail boom on, which makes this beast really long!

P1400889_zps4bxtum1m.jpg

Had a bit of trouble dry-fitting the intake covers, as the covers don't fit properly.... hmm.

P1400868_zpsp1ipxtkf.jpg

So I looked at the 'parts not used' and found this:

P1400867_zps88lxivhr.jpg

The cover fitted perfectly so I glued the parts on. The instructs don't mention to put these parts on, so watch out.. :P

Also, guess what arrived in the mail?

P1400890_zpsjde53kby.jpg

Now I can mask this up and continue on the Lynx!

I'm going to experiment with tamiya clear blue on the cracked windscreen, which is the perfect testing template for the blue tinting!!

Thanks for looking.

• Like 4

At last you have the new clear part ! it can now progress forward, I used Tamiya clear blue on mine and I painted it on the inside it was a bit daunting at the time but it turned out OK mine is in RFI.

Guy

• Like 1

I tried searching for an alternative set of decals but no joy, you have other options in 1/48 but nothing for 1/32.

I don't know of any being produced either sorry.

Guy

• Like 1

Thanks Guy,

That confirms my suspicions that it might be best to start looking through my photo collection to see if I have a decent set of shots of one of the Ship's Flight aircraft for the ships I served in and see about getting a set made up. Alacrity in the late 80s is probably my best bet

Francis

• Like 2

Thanks Guy,

That confirms my suspicions that it might be best to start looking through my photo collection to see if I have a decent set of shots of one of the Ship's Flight aircraft for the ships I served in and see about getting a set made up. Alacrity in the late 80s is probably my best bet

Francis

If you can get a good photo Paul at Parker Decals might be of help he is in the vendors section.

Guy

Edited by F4u
  • Like 1

If you can get a good photo Paul at Parker Decals might be of help

Thanks again Guy,

I have started looking at what the best option is, given what is provided in the kit. At the moment I am inclined to go with HMS Gloucester XZ720 as at FAA Museum ( so photos not a problem) but presumably would need to change from the current kit rotor blades and now checking what other changes are needed.

• Like 1