Revell Airbus A319 and V1 Decals Air Côte d’Ivoire

On 09/11/2016 at 7:22 AM, Rodders154 said:

Well done Ben

Absolutely agree. To be sent a complimentary reprinted sheet is incredibly generous. I was expecting a couple of green rectangles with the new registration and maybe the underwing letters. 

But no, a whole new updated sheet. I'll say it again, many thanks Ben and his V1decals.com business.

9 minutes ago, FortyEighter said:

A really fantastic finish - congratulations :worthy:  

Thanks a lot. I love these colours and the aircraft. My only tinge of disappointment is in the final finish where I've messed  up a beautifully smooth white paint job (and that was achieved by  sheer fluke) with a lumpy top coat of varnish.

I think it's more or less finished. I've just got a few more pictures to add of the final bits then  its done!! 

Ok, the vinegar strokes...

To add the natural netal leading edge to the main wings, I used a cotton bud with the tip dipped in Rub'n'buff metal paste. This was then rolled in tissue to remove the excess paste. Then taking the cotton bud,  I carefully press the tip against the wing leading edge and slid the bud along the edge leaving a slight hint of metal paste on the wing. This was repeated a couple of times until the desired finish was achieved. The wing leaves an imprint in the tip of the cotton bud and this helps to guide it along. I did slip in a couple of places, but wiped away the smears with cellulose thinners. 

20161109_092555.jpg

20161109_093510.jpg

The underside has had a bit of weathering added behind the nose wheel, around the main wheels, on the underside of the wing around the engine reverse thrust affected areas and some streaks from vents and dirty water runs. But as I've mentioned a couple of times, the aircraft appear to be kept in a fairly good condition. It doesn't show up too well in the pictures thankfully and is subtle in normal light. My next build may be a Spring Airlines A320 where I can really go to town making that a grimey, streaked mess! 

20161109_094008.jpg

I'm very hopeful of going to Telford this weekend (fingers crossed and please work be cooperative for once!!l) where I may try to source a display base. There is a company on eBay called Coastal Kits who have quite a nice 1/144 airport base and, from an increasingly excited perusal of the Telford traders list, they may be in attendance. Failing that, I'll  just copy the idea Turbofan did and print out a Google maps image of an airport hardstanding.

Jeff 

Edited by pinky coffeeboat
  • Like 2

That really is looking lovely Jeff.

Thumbs up from me for the Coastal Kits bases. When I put my Donaldson Britannia in RFI I re-photographed it on a Coastal Kits base which had arrived in the post that morning. I've subsequently ordered several more.

• Like 1