Revell 1/32 Focke Wulf FW190 F-8 White 11 1/JG SG4

Thanks guys . I built two Eduard 1/48 190's for the last G/B and i hope that this one will go together easier than either of them .

I am going to build out of box apart from seat belts and decals .

I was surprised to see that no one had entered one of these Revell kits so far so pleased to fill the gap . It will be interesting to see how it goes together compared with the Hasegawa kit.

I will be building buttoned up ( i think )

I have wanted to use this color scheme as it will go next to my completed Eduard 109 e trop . The color call out of lower blue rlm 76 and the dark green RLM 80 blotches will ,i hope , make it look a little different.

• 2 weeks later...

First thing i have done is to pimp the Revell end opening box . The field modification has now resulted in an top opening box . Doing this simple conversion turns this level 5 kit into a Level 4

P1010855%202.jpg

Have done a deep dry fit which has shown this to have the potential to be an excellent fit . of course the addition of glue and paint can change all that .

to get the wings together i have cut the barrels off the wing guns and fixed some brass tube in the guns so i can add the barrels at a far later date after main painting

P1010857.jpg

P1010854%202.jpg

I just get the feeling that this Revell 190 is going to fall together .

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Back to this one for a few days to take it a little further . Before i forget ,thanks to all who have left a post .

This Newish Revell kit is really well engineered and on the whole the fit is near perfect .

a few small niggles would be concerning lots of very small imperfections in the plastic as the plastic seems to have run unevenly through the mold resulting in some short shot parts (none of them not too serious but a bit of a shame )

I think the engine is superb but takes an age to remove all the seams . there is a lot of seam removal with this kit but most is light .

The pit is finished apart from the seat . iI have some fabric belts on order . have used the revell decal for the instrument panel as it will hardly be seen . It has conformed to the molding with the help of lashings of micro sol .

Have used some of the Airscale luftwaffe cockpit placardsaround the pit to liven it up

P1010935.jpg

The engine mounting is attached and painted RLM 02

P1010936.jpg

The engine and prop have been completed . first gave the cylinders a coat of black primer then a coat of Alclad aluminum .

P1010937%202.jpg

the spinner spiral is from the Eagle Cals sheet and went on perfectly .

P1010937.jpg

This is where i'm up to now . Wings are attached and so far no filler has been needed .

P1010939%202.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...