Airfix Sea King HC4 differences

Jabo31

Hello everybody!

I bought a Airfix HC4 model and before I started with, I take a look on the whole parts, so like every one of us do this. My eyes stopped at the perforated part under the slide door. Sorry, my English is not good enough to knows all the specific names and parts of the reel one. Fact is, I drill the holes out and after that, so it`s murphys law, I broke the part. (step to the entrance) I wrote a mail to hornby and yes, they send me a spare part for 5 pounds include posting. That is a fair price, but they only accept money checks or credit cards, all what I haven't. OK what`s doing? Now I see some pictures of HC 4 Sea Kings, where is installed another device, see some of the pictures in the link. It looks like a plate with three holes in it. Anybody knows what that is and for what it is and how is it installed. This part is easy to make and replaced my broken part. Many thanks in advance. Udo.

You must scroll down, the third photo shows what I mean.

http://www.copybook.com/military/fact-files/westland-sea-king-hc4-commando-helicopter

You are ok ,the aircraft depending on role had either a footstep fitted or a kick plate.footstep as an either or thing.

The kickplate was a modification used for rapid and fast roping.

You could do it with a footstep but it kinda got in the way.

So lucky you just build with the flat kick plate....same method of attachment really...at least in 1/72.

Many thanks to both of you and if I understand it right, the flat plate is the kick plate. That will my decision and the result come`s in the gallery. Regards, Udo.

• Like 1