Thats AMAZING Andy, what a cool model congrats! Ive never liked the rust colour scheme much on these, i always prefered the blue concept more, but i have to say you have converted me to liking both colour schemes now :goodjob:

• Like 1

Thanks guys

Excellent work!
Really top notch model.

I've only just realised that these were made out of Tomcat wing/fuselages!

It's always fun playing spot the donor kit with Star Wars models

Very nice build Andy,....are you gonna do another in a different scheme?

Love the weathering

J

Thanks jaitea. Yes I'll probably do another in the blue concept scheme, although maybe the reversed blue/white version used in Rebels

Andy

Brilliant job Andy. Just read through your build on modellingnow last night. I can assure you that as a man of no imagination and even less skill I shall be copying it step by step.

Ecellent.

Glad it was useful. I'll get another one eventually, to do in a different scheme (unless, of course, they announce a B-Wing first :pray: ), and I'll no doubt do that one on britmodeller

Andy

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Wow Andy, that has completely blown my A-Wing out of the water. Another superb build. Did you have any issues using the enamels? I keep clear of them when building Bandai kits due to the issues that have been well documented. Are they ok to use over a coat of finish? and if so how do you use them i.e. do you do panel lines or full washes?

You are a true inspiration with your painting skills, I'm already on Amazon looking for my next Bandai kit.

• Like 1

Thanks guys

What scale is this? 1/72?

Yes, 1/72. All the Bandai starfighters have been in that scale, apart from the 1/48 motorised X-Wing

Wow Andy, that has completely blown my A-Wing out of the water. Another superb build. Did you have any issues using the enamels? I keep clear of them when building Bandai kits due to the issues that have been well documented. Are they ok to use over a coat of finish? and if so how do you use them i.e. do you do panel lines or full washes?

You are a true inspiration with your painting skills, I'm already on Amazon looking for my next Bandai kit.

You'll be fine with enamel washes over a painted finish as long as you don't flood the surface with the wash. I had issues with the first couple of Bandai builds I did, because I'd let too much get into the joints. Since then I've used it more carefully and I've had no more problems with the plastic cracking.

I usually apply them as a panel line wash, but I also use them for shading on panels. I never apply them as a heavy sludge wash though, as that's where you're likely to start seeing problems with the plastic reacting badly.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...