Airfix 1/72 Seaking HC.4 - 'King of the Junglies

Nice build but just one point to note. There shouldn't be any indication of a window surround, as fitted to RAF HAR3s, aft of the cabin door. HC4s had flat skin panelling in this area, the HAR3 window being a later modification specific to that variant. The 'square' sink/panel lines should have been filled.

• Like 1

Lovely build of this kit with mods ,of note the MAWS PODS Not both were fitted ie the centre pods by the window were removed when the rear under boom twin pod was fitted.

Lovely build of this kit with mods ,of note the MAWS PODS Not both were fitted ie the centre pods by the window were removed when the rear under boom twin pod was fitted.

• Like 1

Great build and paint finish! It's an awesome aircraft as well :goodjob:

I have one of these new tool Airfix boxings and the kit looks superb in the sprues.

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

Nice build but just one point to note. There shouldn't be any indication of a window surround, as fitted to RAF HAR3s, aft of the cabin door. HC4s had flat skin panelling in this area, the HAR3 window being a later modification specific to that variant. The 'square' sink/panel lines should have been filled.

I realised late in the build that this "window" shouldn't be visible at all and I'd hoped it wouldn't show but........

Cheers Grizzly, It isn't clear from the instructions that this is the case and I looked at so many pics for reference over the course of the build that I wouldn't have picked up on this. Definitely noted for future builds though, this is the kinda feedback that is modellers gold.

Thanks all for the continuing cool comments

Eng

Hi Graeme,

as you know I build this one too right now.

About the vertical "towel rack" antenna you added on the cockpit sides - do (did) all HC.4's have that? May be retrofitted? Because I have some pictures here of aircraft without it.

I think this was an addition in the later years of operation Ingo, I couldn't say when it was added but I'm sure some of the ex-Junglie peeps on the forum will come to the rescue.

Eng

Really lovely, beautiful finish.

• Like 1

That is superb. Seemless integration of all the bits n pieces and of all the clear parts. Makes it look like a walk in the park, tho we all know it wasn't.

Great paintjob too.

at least 2 stars, if it was in the Michelin Guide ;-)

Cheers

b.

• Like 1

The nose towel rail aerials were add with the MAWS update sensor boxes on all aircraft some aircraft also received a L shape sensor around the crew entery door. Three boxes were add on the rear rotor drive cover larger centre one with aerial ontop T aerial under port nose & downward MAWS box add disc aerial on rear rotor cover replaced earlier aerial additional slab aerial on rear underside & square box on port side just in front of airstrake were late additions regards Len

• Like 1

The nose towel rail aerials were add with the MAWS update sensor boxes on all aircraft some aircraft also received a L shape sensor around the crew entery door. Three boxes were add on the rear rotor drive cover larger centre one with aerial ontop T aerial under port nose & downward MAWS box add disc aerial on rear rotor cover replaced earlier aerial additional slab aerial on rear underside & square box on port side just in front of airstrake were late additions regards Len[/quot

Sadly it's not that simple when it comes to aircraft modifications there are fleets within fleets which is quite something when you had an active fleet of 37 a/c.all I can say is get a decent phot and stick to it ,the Sk 4 was I guess quite unusual in the number of different fits it had ...guess it was in demand.

As for the L shaped aerial ....it wasn't that was an exhaust for dircm that half a dozen aircraft had before they binned it and stuck with alq157.

Not trying to be clever by the way so please don't take offence grizzly ....just in case you do ...which I hope not

Edited by junglierating
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is great. The end!

(I read the wip but never commented, think it's too late to say my piece there now.)

Love this type and I like the way you finished it.....

The kit really interests me, I remember the old yellow plastic one....this looks (obviously) much better.

Just one question, what was the whiskey?!

• Like 1

This is great. The end!

(I read the wip but never commented, think it's too late to say my piece there now.)

Love this type and I like the way you finished it.....

The kit really interests me, I remember the old yellow plastic one....this looks (obviously) much better.

Just one question, what was the whiskey?!

We've drunk it!

And for your knowledge W call sign is 848 nas,Y is 845 and V is 846

We've drunk it!

And for your knowledge W call sign is 848 nas,Y is 845 and V is 846

Oh no, I actually meant the whiskey being drunk during the wip!

That was a genuine drink related question.......

http://s128.photobucket.com/user/eng1170/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpstyahzuio.jpeg.html

(Post#31 WIP)

• Like 2

Oh no, I actually meant the whiskey being drunk during the wip!

That was a genuine drink related question.......http://s128.photobucket.com/user/eng1170/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpstyahzuio.jpeg.html

(Post#31 WIP)

Junglierating might well have been right, I think I have drunk it all!

It will have been either a Glenlivet Founders Reserve, a very reasonably priced, and very drinkable single malt. But I think it was more likely the tail end of my bottle of Auchentoshan Three Wood. The Auchentoshan 3 Wood is matured initially in bourbon casks before being finished in Oloroso then Pedro Ximénez casks and is a whisky with quite a sweet fruitiness to it. My sister gave me a bottle for my birthday last year and it's probably one of the nicest malts I've tried. I do like to have a few different ones in my stash! I am a Scotsman after all ;)

Eng

• Like 1