easyJet Boeing 737-700 in 1/144

Here at last is the third part of my 737NG conversion trilogy, lagging a long way behind the 736 and 739 which I finished last year.

It is, of course, a cut down Revell kit fitted with the wonderful BraZ engines. As with the 736 and 739 I shortened the undercarriage legs to improve the sit. Paint is Halfords Appliance White and Racking Grey with Xtracolor X324 for the orange bits. Natural metal is done with various Tamiya and Revell metallics. Decals are a mixture - titles and registrations from Scaleliners, fin titles from a TwoSix A319/320 sheet (I dislike overall fin decals which is what Scaleliners provide), windows from Authentic Airliners and details from the kit sheet.

All I have to do now is build a 737-800 straight from the box!

Thanks for looking and as always constructive criticism is welcome.

Dave G

http://35548206710_f3f6bfb90b_k.jpgSAM_0853 by David Griffiths, on Flickr

http://35548213810_22b8f15715_k.jpgSAM_0856 by David Griffiths, on Flickr

http://35895771986_9c3249a0d6_k.jpgSAM_0859 by David Griffiths, on Flickr

http://35548212770_99cf1a4e37_k.jpgSAM_0860 by David Griffiths, on Flickr

and with its predecessors both of which have been retrofitted with AA windscreens ....

http://35548211110_a2c3fdb917_k.jpgSAM_0866 by David Griffiths, on Flickr

Edited by Skodadriver
Photobucket !
  • Like 30

Very neat indeed Dave.

I have a copy of the Scaleliners decals reserved for a -300 and a couple of tins of the Easyjet orange from Extracolour. Mind you, I've had them so long now I'll be pleasantly surprised if the paint is still a liquid by the time I get around to using it.

Thanks for sharing.

Chris.

• Like 1

Beautiful collection, the FlyGlobespan bird is particularly nice, I miss seeing these at Glasgow.

Rgds,

Eng

• Like 1

Very neat indeed Dave.

I have a copy of the Scaleliners decals reserved for a -300 and a couple of tins of the Easyjet orange from Extracolour. Mind you, I've had them so long now I'll be pleasantly surprised if the paint is still a liquid by the time I get around to using it.

Thanks for sharing.

Chris.

I think you had them so long, you gave them to me he he!!!!

Along with a Daco kit. Great inspiration seeing one built up :)

Nice one Dave!

I've got this one boxed up in the loft, if you took any longer I was going to post mine in RFI!!

I built mine over 10 years ago long before AA windows and windscreens they make all the difference don't they? I might have to retrofit some on mine.

Love the three of them together especially the flyglobespan 736 I miss them too.

Did you use the photo etched fan blades on the Bra.Z engines? I would like to know how well that tool for bending the blades to the correct angle works.

With all these 737s being posted I'm going to have to dig another of mine out!

Cheers,

Ian

Why would anyone criticize this? It's rather beautiful. Never been a huge fan of easyjet (Blasphemous!) but you sure do make it look great. Lovely mixture, those AA windows really do the trick, don't they?

All the best,

Drew

• Like 1

Beautifully done conversion Dave. nipping a little off those main undercarriage legs really improves the sit doesn't it.

Looks fantastic,

Cheers

John

• Like 1

Hi Dave

That is an amazing -700 build, especially considering that the Revell kit has a host of issues. The whole finish is quite superb.

As a matter of interest, did you lift the cabin window line as part of your conversion?

Great job

Tim

:thanks: for your encouragement everybody. It's much appreciated

Did you use the photo etched fan blades on the Bra.Z engines? I would like to know how well that tool for bending the blades to the correct angle works.

Cheers,
Ian

Sorry I can't help with that Ian. I just used the resin fan which is perfectly adequate to my not very critical eyes! I don't really get on with photo etch and the fan blades looked like a lot of work for limited effect.

As a matter of interest, did you lift the cabin window line as part of your conversion?

Tim

Very slightly, by about 1.5 mm. I really don't want to re-ignite the decals versus open windows debate but one of the advantages of window decals is you can do that sort of thing with minimum effort. I tried to align the windows on the fuselage titles to match photographic references but now that I see the photos of the model I think they might still be fractionally low. I'll live with it - if I'd wanted perfection I'd have started with an Authentic Airliners kit. :)

lovely work all-round - oooh, been on these old orange sleazy jets too many uncomfortable times for 3 hours at a time down to Gib - glad they went over to the A319 - there's your incentive to do one to add to your collection