Somewhere in Britain - A railway-ish scene in N gauge ++ FINISHED ++

nimrod54

My package arrived this morning, so I have spent the past few hours adding the final touches to my vignette which has included painting these up with some Citadel acrylics.

DSC01421_zps3irz7duf.jpg

DSC01422_zpspjjhjocx.jpg

These are now drying off and I will add them into the scene later, that should see this finished.

• Like 4

I have just added the last few figures and that completes the scene, I may pop out tomorrow to see if I can find something to edge the base with, before taking some final photos to post in the gallery. But for now that wraps this one up so here are a few quick photos to whet the appetite.

DSC01424_zpsihmtdirq.jpg

DSC01425_zpsra9oi8my.jpg

DSC01426_zps2lelf9u6.jpg

DSC01431_zpsozsjbtl6.jpg

DSC01432_zpslkrjlylm.jpg

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Glad they arrived in time and you've done a great job with them. :thumbsup:

Thanks Stix, I am glad that they got here in time too. I did have a few waiting passengers from my tear down but I wanted to try and create more of a street scene and also include some children playing as well.

The three young tearaways racing around bring back memories for me of being on a home made trolley (bogie in some areas) made from scraps of wood and pram wheels. I ended up losing control and finished up in a bed of nettles, painful for a little while - but I was soon back on and tearing up and down again. :D

• Like 1

That is so impressive! I love all the little details and mini-scenes. It's nice as well that it brings back memories. I'm looking forward to seeing it in the gallery. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Thanks chaps, just off to B&Q (other diy outlets are available) to get something to edge the base, then it will be ready for the gallery shots.

Brief update

I picked up some quarter beading to wrap around three of the edges and after I had done this I took a few more photos without the vehicles in place so that it was easier to see the figures. There are more photos over in the gallery.

DSC01443_zpsfn4wxx6a.jpg

DSC01441_zps5lvrw7iv.jpg

DSC01444_zpsmgruirpr.jpg

DSC01446_zpsgesfle73.jpg

• Like 5

Well done John. I am so pleased to see this one in the gallery. As I said before; you have got a lot of lovely scenes in a small space! Great stuff!!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

I'm quite lost for words John. 

This is lovely!

I can't believe the figures are 1/144. The attention to detail like grates and the Hydrant H; just wonderful.

The Ford Anglia and Pickfords van, steam from the loco... great.

Thank you for a really fun build thread with a very British result. Yes, it is very like The Ladykillers, albeit a lot less scary!

:worthy:

:goodjob: 

All best regards

TonyT

• Like 1

Thanks to all your kind comments and support throughout this build, it has kept me going, particularly when I was struggling to visualise the end result. I hadn't done anything along these lines :doh: for a very long time, it's been fun to get back to and something that I would definitely consider doing again.

TonyT,

I was saddened to read that your ongoing health issues had prevented you from completing your build, but I am pleased that you have enjoyed following my progress. I hope that you are up and about soon matey.

Cheers, John

I rather like these:  https://www.perry-miniatures.com/index.php?cPath=22_62&osCsid=c7eoe37rp8ffuoiao223bp3qv3

I have all of the ACW sets except the Zouaves IIRC, I'm planning on completing the set and picking up another box each of infantry and artillery.  :nerd: