MFH Ferrari 330P4

proplineruk

Hi Guys is there anyone out there who has built the MFH Ferrari 330P4 ? if anyone has, and will pass on there experience on any problems (if there are any ?) I would be very great-full, this is a great kit, and is very detailed.

If its been covered in the past I apologise, I did a search but did not get any results

• 5 weeks later...

Hi again all as I had NO help at all from anyone, decided to make a start on it, its more of an engineering job than model buiding, Colin if want to talk about it send me private mail and I will give you some tips on building it, I find it very strange that no one on this forum has made it !

• Like 1

I wouldn't be discouraged that no one replied with the info you were looking for I have found that mfh kits are a rarity on here and if it's the 1/12 one then the likelihood of someone making it decreases even more. Maybe you should try f1m.com I know at least 1 guy is making it over there

Shaun

Hi all would love to do a W.I.P. but due to various circumstances this is not possible at this time,thanks for the link to the face book page very interesting ,I have now started it and have found that you have to check each part and its connecting parts to see if you need to drill out the holes,and or tap the holes, also its imperative to straighten everything before attaching anything as I did not and made a lot more work for myself ! some parts are low melting point solder(70oC) attached some epoxy and some superglue, as well as screwed together.

You all so have to plan how to paint it, as it very difficult if not impossible once its put together.

One last thing get yourself a GOOD miniature Phillips screwdriver as the 1.4mm screws as they are VERY hard material and if its the usual high tensile lead screwdriver it wont last long !

I will report any more observations that I think will possibly help other builders as and when I come across them.

I have this kit and it is one of a couple that I'm considering building next after I finish my Mercedes. However, having said that, I'm currently on a hiatus from building it. I'm taking advantage of summer to expand my garage workshop so, I have an additional workshop for winter in addition to the man cave.

I wish I could be of help to you but, my having the kit perhaps if you run into a problem or have a question maybe I could look at mine and help you think through the problem. Even though it is a multimedia kit it does present a lot of the same type of problems and out of the box thinking as the Pocher kits. Let me know if I can be of any help.