1/144 Minicraft/ Braz 757 (Monarch)

Hello all,

Time to start a new project, the Boeing 757 in Monarch markings. I've spent a great deal of time researching the problems with the Minicraft kit and am going to try and attempt to correct with the help of Braz parts and hard work.

The markings of course come from Draw Decals and are very well printed, the blue and yellow Monarch scheme is very elegant. Braz parts,as seen in the pic below, are the replacement nose, tail cone, and tail. New Braz Rolls Royce engines were also purchased.

The first task will be to glue up the fuselage and cut away the nose and tail. My Minicraft kit suffers from sink marks and a cracked wing, so I have a second kit coming to rob some parts from.

All comments, criticisms, help, and laughing are encouraged!

28115004311_39360b15c7_b.jpgimage by The 3rd Placer, on Flickr\

}

Ryan

• Like 4

I wish Zvezda would give us a nice new tool 757!

Looks like you've got a big project ahead of you but I'll be watching.

Rgds,

Eng

Zvezda must make it now as I have started this project, I will gladly sacrifice the money/ time I already have sunk into this for a Zvezda 757......Zvezda are you reading this? :)

Although it would be even more cruel to release it when I'm about 1/2 way finished!

Ryan

Cool...I am in and stay tuned for this project :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

You have a lot of work ahead of you to make that Minicraft model kit look like a 757.

Here some images (sites) I found

http://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-head-on-view-of-a-jet2-boeing-757-200-waiting-to-join-the-runway-at-86628554.html

http://www.b757.info/

Maybe these help ?

• Like 1

Hi Ryan,

Good luck with this project, the 757 is one of my favourite aircraft.

Yes, the Minicraft kit has many problems, the Bra.Z engines will fix one but I'm not sure the replacement nose is much better than the original unfortunately. Just my opinion you might be happy with it though. I have a Minicraft kit in progress which I just sanded and filled to shape using pics as reference. It's not perfect either but I think better than the original kit and the Bra.Z part.

I must get on and finish it sometime. Too many models not enough time!!

Looking forward to how this progresses, I'm enjoying the amount of airliners we're seeing here at the moment!

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 1

You're a lot braver than me! Unless Zvezda answers our prayers with a state of the art 757 (please no dropped flaps) it's the Authentic Airliners route for me once Kurt has the kits back in stock.

I look forward to watching progress. As Ian says we're really doing well with airliners just now (I really must get my 737-700 into RFI) and with the Group Build about to kick off that can only get even better.

Dave G

• Like 1

You're a lot braver than me! Unless Zvezda answers our prayers with a state of the art 757 (please no dropped flaps) it's the Authentic Airliners route for me once Kurt has the kits back in stock.

I look forward to watching progress. As Ian says we're really doing well with airliners just now (I really must get my 737-700 into RFI) and with the Group Build about to kick off that can only get even better.

Dave G

Yes, no dropped flaps for me either!

Ryan