Special Hobby 1:72 Mirage F.1B numéro 505

Jay,

Fantastic model, you've achieved great results there, very well done :thumbsup2:

It's been an enjoyable and interesting thread to read and contribute to in a small way.

Can I ask a favour? This thread would be very useful to anyone looking to make the SH Mirage F.1 for the Mirage GB should it go ahead, please make sure the photos remain as a picture paints a thousand words!

What's next?

Wez

• Like 2

It's been an enjoyable and interesting thread to read and contribute to in a small way.

Can I ask a favour? This thread would be very useful to anyone looking to make the SH Mirage F.1 for the Mirage GB should it go ahead, please make sure the photos remain as a picture paints a thousand words!

What's next?

Wez

Cheers Wez! Of course, I'll leave the pictures where they are as long as Flickr exists. I know how disappointing it is to constantly hit blanks in older threads all over internet when I'm searching for info. So, no problem in that regard.

Next, well, that's a good question :coolio:

I should move to build a small vignette around the Mirage with a small Renault car and figures as I had planned - but I'll keep that one for a little later. I think I'm lucky in that I have lots of free time available since a few months ago as my working week has shrunk, which means smaller financial rewards, but also more time for other things. So I'd like to finish a couple of other projects first - and to begin with:

De_Havilland_(F%2BW_Emmen)_Vampire_T55_(

It's already built and painted - and moved from the shelf back to the bench. I'll continue the old WIP I had on this.

Jay

Jay,

A small vignette featuring a Renault Car and a Mirage... ...I wonder if there's a proposed GB that would fit into?? :hmmm:

As for the Vampire moving to the front of the pile - good choice!

I'll look in on that thread.

Wez

• Like 1

Fantastic result! Love the details and subtle weathering, it looks certainly bigger than 1/72. I have bookmarked your thread when I get round to building one, thanks for all the details and references in it. Your Vampires look excellent too :popcorn:

David.

• Like 1

An absolutely superbly built and painted model Jay :thumbsup:. This is one to be very proud of.

Thanks for this WIP. I would like to do a Spanish Mirage one day when my skills are up to it, but not yet ;) so this WIP will be a great help.

The diorama sounds great; how about the Vignette GB? :hmmm:

:goodjob:

Best regards

Tony

• Like 1

Jay,

A small vignette featuring a Renault Car and a Mirage... ...I wonder if there's a proposed GB that would fit into?? :hmmm:

As for the Vampire moving to the front of the pile - good choice!

I'll look in on that thread.

Wez

Thanks Wez - I would like to - I'll let the almighty planner have a look into what's possible and what's not - 23 Oct is kind of tight... But it (meaning the almighty planner) will do its best! :pray:

...then again I could skip a couple of nights' sleep of course...

Lovely job…….No matter what colour scheme, the Mirage F.1 looks beautiful (not that I am biased)

I know what you mean - it's the pointy beak and claws that do it for me...

Fantastic result! Love the details and subtle weathering, it looks certainly bigger than 1/72. I have bookmarked your thread when I get round to building one, thanks for all the details and references in it. Your Vampires look excellent too :popcorn:

David.

Thanks, David!

An absolutely superbly built and painted model Jay :thumbsup:. This is one to be very proud of.

Thanks for this WIP. I would like to do a Spanish Mirage one day when my skills are up to it, but not yet ;) so this WIP will be a great help.

The diorama sounds great; how about the Vignette GB? :hmmm:

Thank you Tony, I appreciate that - I'm looking forward to your Spanish one.

As to the GB - oi planner, I'm waiting! :D I'll do my best anyway.

Jay

• Like 2

Thanks Wez - I would like to - I'll let the almighty planner have a look into what's possible and what's not - 23 Oct is kind of tight... But it (meaning the almighty planner) will do its best! :pray:

...then again I could skip a couple of nights' sleep of course...

Jay

I wasn't actually thinking of the Vignette GB, I was thinking of the proposed Mirage GB :whistle:

On 9/7/2016 at 6:12 PM, Wez said:

I wasn't actually thinking of the Vignette GB, I was thinking of the proposed Mirage GB :whistle:

Oh.

Okay then. Problem solved... ;)

(Am planning to do a Heller IIIR or 5 though, for two excellent reasons: 1-so that I can call the thread to Heller and back (which I hope is highly original though I doubt it) 2- to incite the modelling gods to come forth with a #^@&$ new tool Mirage delta.)

Jay

ello-optimized-644cfab1.jpg

Edited by Mountain goat
  • Like 1