Eduard - more rumours

172flogger

It´s very funny, In past montsh and last days Eduard´s CEO Vldimír Šulc talked about his Top 10 for future projects. No real project, but kit which he wanted make in future.

Yesterday night (or today 3:00 AM) when i can´t sleep i tried summarize what he wrote to forums and Eduard Info magazines. I tried to find all post about existing and future projects.

I save it only to my computer and not post to any forum.

Today without any my endeavour he post his TOP 10 list to czech Modelforum.

I can not believe, I guess all without one kits. :pilot:

Of course, his REAL list is better than my list :-).

Here is his post:

http://modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=95280&start=4065#p1898395

No dobrý, dám si pivo sulc.png

Tak na oslavu a pro naději mých top ten v 1/48:

Hurricane
P-40 (včetně P-36 a H-75)
Spitfire Mk.I/II/V
P-38
MiG-21F (a možná i spárky)
Me 262
MiG-15 (včetně UTI)
S-199 / CS-199 (+Bf 109K)
Camel
Jak-9 (včetně Jak-1/7)

Pořadí není pořadím, v jakém bychom tyto typy potenciálně pustili do konstrukce, ani pořadím vydávání.

V současnosti jsou v procesu v různých fázích rozpracovanosti tyto projekty:
Spitfire Mk.VIII, XVI, F.Mk.IX a Mk.IXE 1/72
Bf 109F a G-2/4 1/48
SE-5a 1/48
Avia Bk.534 a Avia B.534 I.a II.série 1/72
Bf 109G-10 1/48
Fw 190A-3 až 8 a F-8 1/48
Tempest 1/48
Fokker D.VII 1/72
P-51D/B 1/48
MiG-21MF/BIS/SMT/PF/PFM/R 1/72

V tomto případě už je pořadí víceméně tak, jak to půjde po sobě.

• Like 3

First is list of work that they would like to produce in the future. Without sort order

Second list are real project which are IN PROGRESS now. With sort order.

I my rumoured list i forgot:

P-38 (but was noticed in old forum posts)

P-36 included in P-40 project

CS-199 double seater included in S-199 project

P-51B version, i know only about P-51D

but i had extra kit missed in real list:

Bf 109E revisited new tool - still could be

Avia B 534 series 1, 2 and Bk 534 in 1/48 scale

No brainer list, Eduard has created new generation of 1/48 kits with their Spitfire, now they just have to implement their current and future technology to replace what was/is golden standard and that is/was Hasegawa and Tamiya range of 1/48 kits.

If I were Mr.Sulc I would add following to " my" list,

Fw 190D-9

Bf 110 Family

Mosquito Family

F-86A-F

Ju 87B-G

Hawker Fury

About FW Dora was talked at forums too. But project need complete revision like current second-tool Fw 190A.

I´m afraid answer for Hawker Fury will be negative. Between Tempest and Fury is same situation like Griffon Spitfires, Alllison Mustangs or Bf 109A-D. He want only mainstream bestseller versions. Next big project are more important than secondary versions which must be almost newly constructed too.

(and planes like B 534 and S-199 are Czech pride and donated from main types)

Sabre is beauty. CA Sabre stay in Prague Kbely museum and i like jets but i can expect answer from Eduards. It´s not type with sale potencial like main WW2 types. We waited ten years for MIG-15. No good kit of 1/72 scale Fagot exist. KP was old, Voca/Gran unbuidable and Airfix was parody. And MIG-15 is very imporant type. Not only Korea and cold war warrior but type who kicked Czechoslovakia to jet generation. After some Me-262 and Yaks we used hundrets MiG jets in small country and licence produced thousands. For Czech modellers it was very hard to convince him to produce it. The project was still to be relegated. And almost died when first-tool mould was broken.

My dream is a 1/72 scale MiG-19. Also important type. First Soviet supersonic and first supersonic of our air force. And MiG-19S was licence-produced in Czechoslovakia too! but on global scale, it is not readily marketable type :-( . Same situation was on West side. We waited 40 yars for new tool F-102 and F-106. And for last 30 years only Esci and Trumpeter produced new-tool Super Sabre. Trumpeter promising 1/72 MiG-19 for maybe 15 years. They have 3D data from biger scale kits, it was extreme important type for Chinese modelles and kit is where? For same time we heve dozens of new-tool FW, Me or Spits.

IMHO there is no chance to MiG Farmer from Eduard. Very small chance from Russian Zvezda. I must hope for Asian kitmakers. Or Polish? Arma Hobby Iskra quality MiG-would be good. But for Poland was main type MiG-17, not 19. Hmmm, Arma Hobby MiG-17 would be next dream. :-)

Edited by 172flogger

I can confirm the ME 262, I have contacted eduard recently, and they notified me that they will be designing the Me 262 sometime next year.

A new Fw 190D and A series will also be released, they also told me that

Edited by Johnmodeller
  • Like 2

In the very last Ed Info, Mr Sulc told us about Ed's future kits selection process.

I promised that in this introduction to the newsletter, I would explain the selection process that picks out kits for our catalog. When it comes to our own 1/48th scale kit production, it’s quite simple. We want to produce kits of well known, famous, aircraft. Most of these already have been produced by someone, somewhere, at some time, usually to a very high standard. We observe the design of older kits, and pick out those that we think we can surpass. Then, we find out if anyone is planning to produce, or has just begun to produce, the type, and if so, we typically rule those out, for the moment. What is left is then assessed against the numbers of sold photoetched items for the given available type and kits are shortlisted accordingly. We have a generated list at the time when a new project is about to be begun, the marketing situation for the given kit is confirmed, and if it hasn’t changed, we go into it. In 1/72nd and 1/144th, the procedure is similar, but we pick kits we have produced in 1/48th, so the list of potential subject matter is considerably shortened. With respect to Limited Edition kits, the procedure is again similar, just with a greater tolerance. We pick from a list of what is available, with less emphasis on whether or not someone else is not gearing up to produce the same subject, keeping in mind that the run typically runs 3,500 kits. I hope that explains it. If not, please feel free to ask!

I can confirm the ME 262, I have contacted eduard recently, and they notified me that they will be designing the Me 262 sometime next year.

A new Fw 190D and A series will also be released, they also told me that

Wow - does this mean we get a Me 262 with parts for dropped flaps and slats at last? With all those variants it will be an interesting range. Downside is - my stash will increase even more...

René

• Like 1

Have to say that Eduard's approach looks very sound to me. Yes it may be conservative but as they have a relatively small catalogue of kits it makes sense to focus on those that are guaranteed to sell. If they can bring to the market kits of high quality at a decent price as they are doing at the moment they will find customers even if there already are kits of the same subjects available.

About FW Dora was talked at forums too. But project need complete revision like current second-tool Fw 190A.

I´m afraid answer for Hawker Fury will be negative. Between Tempest and Fury is same situation like Griffon Spitfires, Alllison Mustangs or Bf 109A-D. He want only mainstream bestseller versions. Next big project are more important than secondary versions which must be almost newly constructed too.

(and planes like B 534 and S-199 are Czech pride and donated from main types)

Sabre is beauty. CA Sabre stay in Prague Kbely museum and i like jets but i can expect answer from Eduards. It´s not type with sale potencial like main WW2 types. We waited ten years for MIG-15. No good kit of 1/72 scale Fagot exist. KP was old, Voca/Gran unbuidable and Airfix was parody. And MIG-15 is very imporant type. Not only Korea and cold war warrior but type who kicked Czechoslovakia to jet generation. After some Me-262 and Yaks we used hundrets MiG jets in small country and licence produced thousands. For Czech modellers it was very hard to convince him to produce it. The project was still to be relegated. And almost died when first-tool mould was broken.

My dream is a 1/72 scale MiG-19. Also important type. First Soviet supersonic and first supersonic of our air force. And MiG-19S was licence-produced in Czechoslovakia too! but on global scale, it is not readily marketable type :-( . Same situation was on West side. We waited 40 yars for new tool F-102 and F-106. And for last 30 years only Esci and Trumpeter produced new-tool Super Sabre. Trumpeter promising 1/72 MiG-19 for maybe 15 years. They have 3D data from biger scale kits, it was extreme important type for Chinese modelles and kit is where? For same time we heve dozens of new-tool FW, Me or Spits.

IMHO there is no chance to MiG Farmer from Eduard. Very small chance from Russian Zvezda. I must hope for Asian kitmakers. Or Polish? Arma Hobby Iskra quality MiG-would be good. But for Poland was main type MiG-17, not 19. Hmmm, Arma Hobby MiG-17 would be next dream. :-)

I vote for 1:72 MiG-17 and MiG-19.

I won't say no to Eduard scaling their MiG-21 kits down to 1:72 either.

I won't say no to Eduard scaling their MiG-21 kits down to 1:72 either.

Eduard will release a 1/72 MiG-21 family, they've already announced that. But the project seems to have stalled somewhat and other projects have taken priority.

Sadly, scaling down from their 1/48 range of MiG-21s means we won't see an F-13 or twoseater :-(

Wow - does this mean we get a Me 262 with parts for dropped flaps and slats at last? With all those variants it will be an interesting range. Downside is - my stash will increase even more...

René

I am hoping they will do that- I hate chopping up my Tamiya and hobbyboss kits for dropped slats and flaps etc.... really annoying. Hopefully eduard will get it right and not go crazy on the rivets, as they do extensive rivetting, as the Me 262 never had lots of exposed rivets

From the top list, my top pick would be the Yak-1/7/9, followed by the P-36/P-40 (as long as they do an F/L!).

They also mentioned doing a 1/48th scale Spit Mk.XI, though it wasn't clear if that was definitely going to happen or not. If not hopefully someone will do a conversion set.

I am hoping they will do that- I hate chopping up my Tamiya and hobbyboss kits for dropped slats and flaps etc.... really annoying. Hopefully eduard will get it right and not go crazy on the rivets, as they do extensive rivetting, as the Me 262 never had lots of exposed rivets

I would expect them do to the rivets - they are not that obvious on a Mk.IX Spit either, but it's the fashionable thing at the moment, though I would rather not have them in 1/48th scale and smaller. But at least they do an accurate rivet pattern unlike some companies they just do rivets around the edge of panels! The you either have to fill them or add the rest for it to look right.