Eduard 1/48 Focke Wulf Fw 190D-9 JG 301 Yellow 15 Wilde Sau

I have just finished the Eduard 1/48 Focke Wulf Fw 190D-9 Profipack.

THE AERIAL WIRE WILL GO ON NEXT YEAR TO COMPETE AT THE AUSTRALIAN MODEL EXPO.

A finicky kit, but the finished result is superb and very much worth it. The spiral spinner decal was a bit of a mess to put on, but in the end it bedded down well with some micro sol and set. Underwing staining was done with Mig's Panel washes and provided a realistic effect.

(I don't know why some of the decals look as if they have silvered- they haven't, as it must be the light. I have checked it, and they are void of silvering...)

I would like to dedicate this build to all of the JG 301 Wilde Sau pilots of WW2.

IMG_1713.jpg.c7db475e91e18e3507d80f52979

IMG_1704.jpg.59f4df500627bbf8d8addf0c065

IMG_1707.jpg.ab98f3f9a02ac6ed2e0a5d21d54

IMG_1715.jpg.4da1c8d74a2d149b4b38e39517c

IMG_1714.jpg.b1bd8a015459b01185bc5b4f20c

IMG_1709.jpg.596f87a45abcd4f9941492cb574

IMG_1712.jpg.cfc62121f333a19f474c31b1027

IMG_1716.jpg.d0626aa4576bf77e5a3c9e4c22e

Thanks, John

Edited by Johnmodeller
  • Like 8

Nice scheme and good work. Strange with the light effect that looks as if some decals have silvered - but who cares if it is only on the pictures.

RenΓ©

nice paintwork :goodjob:

Good job. I know what you mean about it being a finicky build but as you say there results are with it.

Duncan B

Good work, always nice to see another Fw190 on here.

Fantastic !!!

thanks mates, it's been my first eduard Fw 190 build, and turned out to be harder than I thought, but the results are pretty nice

Cheers, John

Good effort there John, especially on the paintwork like others have said. Some good airbrushing there with nice tight camo demarcations.

Like you say the eduard kits are tricky (even more so if you try to build them 'closed' - been there done that) but ultimately worth it...

A couple of points for improvement if i may, some for this build but also your future builds in general - to take your kits to the next level and make the most of your good paint work, spend a bit more time on cleaning up your sprue/tree/runner attachment points and seams, for example in the last pic several are visible;

On the nose cowl infront of the cowl flaps,

On the botttom edge of the gun cowl (above red circle decal,

On top the engine support bearer (inside gun bay, to the right of the red circle decal),

On the leading edge of wing next to gun camera etc.

And then also where it looks like you have painted the wheels first then cut them off the sprues - could do with a touch up. Or cut them off, sand mould seam & clean up then mount them on a toothpick to paint.

Whilst on the wheels, they seem to cant in a bit. IIRC there is a diagram in instructions showing angle of wheels when fitted. A trick for 190's is to support plane under wings and glue the wheels on and get them to set in the air at the correct angle and dry before putting weight on them and then resulting in mis-alignment. Fw190 wheels aren't perpendicular to the u/c legs...

Hope this helps, I have tried to be as constructive as possible, and as i said your paintwork is very good, and a couple of improvements next time can take a good build into an excellent one πŸ‘πŸ»

• Like 1