1/72 - Mil Mi-24D/V "Hind-D/-E" by Zvezda - released - Eduard limited reedition - Platz Mi-24V/VP edition

Homebee

7 hours ago, 71chally said:

Looks a superb package.

Would there be any chance of a 48th version, or do Eduard not create complete new kits?

They do! But there is a very long list of things that they already started to do which you will see come out in plastic form in the next 2 years. Helicopters are not really a thing for Mr. Sulc as far as I know (his opinion could have changed now that he seen the success of the Hind).

The 72nd Hind Limited set was sold out at Eduard shop even before it was released on 1st October! It is now only available from different outside distributors (if still available and not sold out too).

In the latest internet magazine, the Eduard INFO Mr.Sulc in the editorial said that he was surprised by the way the Hind was doing and now they try to negotiate with Zvezda for a second batch of plastic parts, so there is a chance that there could be an additional 600 sets available later in the year.

As to a new Hind in 48th. There is every chance that soon we could see one come our way, but there is close to zero the chance that it will be an original (designed, produced, packaged . . .) Eduard kit.

Best regards

Gabor

P.s. I have seen the book and it is superb!!! OK it could be even better if it was in English . . .

• Like 1

I think a Hind from Eduard on quarter scale isn´t possible (as their own kit) - but Hind from AMK was very possible. After "Hip". So, buy Hippos and Hind was probably soon :) I hope in AMK !!!!

And maybe in future made Eduard ex-AMK plastic L.E....

But small scale L.E. is gorgeous !!! I Love HIND

Edited by AlCZ
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, AlCZ said:

I think a Hind from Eduard on quarter scale isn´t possible (as their own kit) - but Hind from AMK was very possible. After "Hip". So, buy Hippos and Hind was probably soon :) I hope in AMK !!!!

And maybe in future made Eduard ex-AMK plastic L.E....

But small scale L.E. is gorgeous !!! I Love HIND

Yes, gentlemen, Eduard will never do its Hind in 1/48, but if the AMK  Hip will be sold in good numbers, there is big chance that they make Hind later...

Thanks Gabor that you like the book ;-) And sorry for not having EN version. It would be too much...

Edited by Jaroslav Spacek
  • Like 1

My model now is in CZ, i'll see it only in the end of October. But i'm already sorrow that book in my model will be without Jaroslav sign...

Edited by kotey

6 hours ago, kotey said:

My model now is in CZ, i'll see it only in the end of October. But i'm already sorrow that book in my model will be without Jaroslav sign...

Andrej...

it is easy - for you, I can sign it with some nice words and send it to you on a piece of white paper and you can put it into the book then...

It would be pleasure for me ;-)

Pity that we did not meet when I visited Rostvertol in 2008... 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice addition to the kit as for sure will be more detailed, however having a photo of Mi-24D from your excellent book with R-20 in place of 9M17P would be a sin not to make a 4011 model in such "anti-aircraft" configuration! ;)   

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, stakor said:

Nice addition to the kit as for sure will be more detailed, however having a photo of Mi-24D from your excellent book with R-20 in place of 9M17P would be a sin not to make a 4011 model in such "anti-aircraft" configuration! ;)   

R-60, not R-20 ;-) And only on the left side - right side rails were empty... 

Edited by Jaroslav Spacek
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, 71chally said:

How do you buy this kit, been looking through UK suppliers but can't find it?

Probably sold out now, but Hannants, MJW models and E Models did have it in stock a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2016 at 8:19 PM, 71chally said:

How do you buy this kit, been looking through UK suppliers but can't find it?

Most places are sold out, but I just looked there are a few at 'fair' prices on ebay, but you best move fast as it is a limited release, so no more once they are gone (well so we are lead to believe)

• Like 1

I can only repeat this:

"In their latest internet magazine, the Eduard INFO (October issue) Mr.Sulc in the editorial said that he was surprised by the way the Hind was doing and now they try to negotiate with Zvezda for a second batch of plastic parts, so there is a chance that there could be an additional 600 sets available later in the year."

So not all is lost!

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor
  • Like 2

I just got mine delivered today from MJW Models (they have now sold out) BUT what a great set, I will be getting a few more Hind kits so I can do more of the decal options.

Just to add MJW Models offer great prices and service.

Ali

Source: https://www.eduard.com/store/out/media/InfoEduard/archive/2016/info-eduard-2016-11EN.pdf

(...) The excitement over Hind has quieted down a bit over October, but we nevertheless continued to pay some attention to it and did a little research among retailers, coming to the conclusion that demand would support a further 800 kits, which is enough to support a re-release of this model. It would now appear that we will be re-releasing this item for April, 2017, and to the tune of 1,000 kits. And that will be it, so if you missed out on this kit in September/October, your final chance will come in April. The Hind will be coming out in time to support (...)

V.P.

• Like 2

This weekend at Telford Master will show the new sets for the Mi-24. In three scales (35,48 and 72) a rotary gun and the pitot boom with the DUAS vanes will be on sale.

Mi-24%20Master%2035th%201_zpsbzwayyxd.jp

A recommended addition to the Zvezda / Eduard Hind. 

If interested in furhter details about this sets you can find it here:

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor
  • Like 1

On 2016. 10. 06. at 9:24 PM, Jaroslav Spacek said:

I do not know yet, it depends if I have duty or not...

November is still too far...

Dear Jaroslav Spacek,

Plastic Zima is in a little more than a weeks time. Do you have any idea now if you are going to be there??

Best regards

Gabor