1/72 - Mil Mi-24D/V "Hind-D/-E" by Zvezda - released - Eduard limited reedition - Platz Mi-24V/VP edition

Homebee

Hope some luckyone will take a closer look at Mi-24 set during this weekend at E Day and post some photos of the photoetch.

The question is still the same as above:

Looking at the options for the kit, there are both Mi-24D and Mi-24V versions  on the decal sheet. Is it possible to build a D version from it??? Are there parts and details of the D version included including the distinct Falanga missile rails???

Best regards

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor

5 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

Hope some luckyone will take a closer look at Mi-24 set during this weekend at E Day and post some photos of the photoetch.

The question is still the same as above:

Looking at the options for the kit, there are both Mi-24D and Mi-24V versions  on the decal sheet. Is it possible to build a D version from it??? Are there parts and details of the D version included including the distinct Falanga missile rails???

Best regards

Gabor

As said earlier somewhere (but I don't recall where), there will be a sprue from the Zvezda Mi-24A in the box containing the Falanga missiles and rails. There is also a resin part with the D nose sensors. Anyway, will try to take some pics tomorrow, if I don't get caught up in the stampede when the show opens.....

23 hours ago, AlbertoYagi said:

Here's my Mi-Hind from Hasegawa but because there is no main rotor and turbine tilt, I ask if the Zvezda kit comes with such tilt.

It's not just the rotor head that is tilted, the whole main fuselage from the cabin floor upwards, and aft of the cockpit section is tilted to stb'd by 2.5 degrees.

As everything attached to it, including the stub wings, tailboom, horizontal and vertical stabilisors is also tilted it makes for a distinctive 'leaning' appearance.

I haven't got this kit, but I believe from looking at sprue shots (especially the bulkhead) that the Zvezda kit has this feature.

28031885356_fa2a14a1e2_c.jpgHind fuselage lean - not my pic by James Thomas, on Flickr

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 71chally said:

It's not just the rotor head that is tilted, the whole main fuselage from the cabin floor upwards, and aft of the cockpit section is tilted to stb'd by 2.5 degrees.

As everything attached to it, including the stub wings, tailboom, horizontal and vertical stabilisors is also tilted it makes for a distinctive 'leaning' appearance.

I haven't got this kit, but I believe from looking at sprue shots (especially the bulkhead) that the Zvezda kit has this feature.

28031885356_fa2a14a1e2_c.jpgHind fuselage lean - not my pic by James Thomas, on Flickr

I certainly certainly hope so.

The Zvezda kit is the best you will find on the market. Having meet with the Zvezda designer and seen the original Mil bluprints from which the kit was designed it has the features of the real helicopter. The forward fuselage tilt is just one of the peculiarities of the Hind reproduced in the kit.

Best regards

Gabor 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 71chally said:

You're right, It's the only 1/72 Hind that have this feature.

Here is the rear wall of the cargo compartment.

Mi_24_zvezd.jpg

• Like 2

So we also get an extra Mi-24A forward fuselage too. B) 

I am sure later rather than sooner the extra resin bits and the photoetch will be available separately too so one can make a D version from a standard Zvezda Hind kit.

Just in case I still have an excellent set of PP Models Falanga rails.

Best regards

Gabor

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AlbertoYagi said:

1 How many helicopters are included in the kit?

You can build two kits from it (and have a little extra Mi-24A parts to play around with)

4 hours ago, AlbertoYagi said:

2 Can I order them through here or your website and have delivery to Japan?

The kit will be available from October and I think you will be able to buy it directly from Eduards shop. Have no idea about other distributors.

The sale of the kit at the E Day was only a presale opportunity for the visitors to the show. Based on Eduards information they sold out the first 200 pieces on Saturday morning in about an hour but will repsupply for todays show.

The special interest could be due to the fact that it has a strong Czech "flavour" to it with the special big decal sheet and the book on Czech Mi-24's. I know in May Eduard sold out of the Czech MiG-21MF limited edition (1500 pieces) kit in about three weeks. 

Best regards

Gabor

12 hours ago, AlbertoYagi said:

Definetly a must have. A truely conosseiurs kit of the Mi Hind.

2 Can I order them through here or your website and have delivery to Japan?

Regards,

Alberto

Hi,

i know Japan market is very importatnt for Eduard company.

They opened Japanese website https://www.eduard.com/jp/

and big part of their production is distributed in Asia by Hobby Link Japan / Beaver Corporation.

Regards

Lukas

• Like 1

Yes , the zvezda kit has the noticeable fuselage tilt . I know as I have built this kit.  It is precisely this tilt that will make assembly a difficult task . The fit is far from perfect when it comes to lining up the two fuselage pieces (which is surprising because everything until then fits nicely ) and you will be at a loss how and where to sand . 

I cannot stress this enough but this kit has zero tolerance for error. Even with everything perfect , you will have to sand and grind but still , make sure that your cockpit and cabin assembly is spot on . Also if you intend to model the engine covers closed , that will require what I felt was considerable expertise . I modeled mine open so this was not a challenge.   Slight mismatch oblivious to naked eye have magnified implications at later steps.  

The canopy sections fit nicely , required very light sanding here and there . 

In Indian Air Force scheme , with eduard etch for cockpit -
WP_20160827_13_13_30_Pro_zpstepprp83.jpg

Edited by Basuroy
  • Like 2

Good morning,

I am sorry, gentleman, that I did not respond sooner, but I was really busy with my work (flying HEMS with EC-135 /not a real helicopter, but a plastic toy/) and some other stuff.

So you know already, there are two models - you can bulit one D plus one V/35 or two V/35. You can bulit also HInd with British roundels, which is not "What-If"... 

To avoid troubles with fitting cockpit section with fuselage, I recommend to glue left and right halves of the fuselage firstly and then fit "inside stuff" to one of the halves. It works, believe me. Actually I do it all the time when there is such design...

I found few little mistakes in the instructions sheet, which was really prepared just before releasing and there was no chance to correct it. These are really just minor things and I will inform you soon about correction.

Regarding ordering. Please, hurry up - 1100 models were already bought by different dealers around the world and I estimate about 300 were sold at e-day. So I think only about 100 is left at Eduard stock!

I hope you will like your model.

I would like to thanks all Eduard people involved in preparation of this boxing! Normal modeller cannot imagine, how much effort it took...

Edited by Jaroslav Spacek
  • Like 5

The model represent excellent value for money. A real must have in my opinion. The book is extremely nice too, mine was even signed by the author on saturday :-)

This was my fifth Eday and although it is more than 750 km one way I will be there in 2017 for sure!

• Like 1