1/72 - Mil Mi-24D/V "Hind-D/-E" by Zvezda - released - Eduard limited reedition - Platz Mi-24V/VP edition

Homebee

Yes, it known in Czech for some months. Book author is Hind pilot Lt. Colonel. vv Ing. Jaroslav Špacek known from NATO Tigermeets.

Because Zvezda still not released Mi-24D Hind-D version, in box will be included weapon sprue from Mi-24A Hind-A for additional parts.

Looks good!

Although simply tossing the Hind-A weapons sprue in the Hind-E box does not a Hind-D make - you'll need an alternative undernose sensor.

Cheers,

Andre

I'm happy Jaroslav Špaček replied to this thread. It´s best for all modellers when modelling company preparing product together with experienced pilot of real machine. And when he is scale modeller and writer.

One more info: If someting has not changed, latest Czech AF ALIEN HIND camo was rejected for this kit release.

And I do not know if anyone could ever produce good looking 1/72 decals for such comlicated H.R. Giger inspired marking.

Edited by 172flogger

An interesting release which has just been promoted to 'must-have' status on the news (from another thread - thanks Jaroslav!) that it will include markings for 3370 'Kosta'. And then Kotey tells me there is another Begemot sheet coming for Mi-24V/VP! This is getting expensive quickly.

thanks to all for the information,

Andrew.

I'm hoping Eduard will seperately release the Mi-24D specific parts so I can convert more Zvezda Vs into Ds. Or some kind of Overtrees Mi-24D to get the most of the Mi-24D decal options in the special boxing!

Edited by Pollie

Do not worry Hook, I have flown on Hind 2000+ hours, so I know what differences are between D and V ;-) . The sprue from A is just because of AT-2 missiles and their launchers... Other changes will be done by Brassin and etches...

Great news, thanks!

Cheers,

Andre

Hi!

I already have spare zvezda with intention to convert it to D but having Eduard converson made by Jaroslav is just wonderful news! BTW would be lovely to see also Eduard UB-32A-24 variant as thy just released normal version.

Andrey - new Hind decals are fantastic! Hope you will include Vietnamese A decals ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sources:

http://www.eduard.com/store/out/media/distributors/leaflet/leaflet2016-10.pdf

http://www.72news.eu/2016/08/eduard-mi-24-dual-combo.html

SNAG-0005%2B16.09.10.jpg

[...]HIND, Mi-24 in Czechoslovak service, is a Dual combo style 1/72nd scale limited edition kit. This is the kit in the line of the book kits, the other piece of the Library of Eduard. The packing contains two ex-Zvezda 1/72nd scale Mi-24/Mi-35 Hind plastic kits, decal sheet for 14 Mi-24 Hind in various production versions, how they saw the service in Czechoslovak, Czech, Slovak, Russian and Afghanistan. Kit also contains various resin parts, photoetched and mask sheets too. The decal sheet is printed by Cartograf. The kit is released in 1500 pcs limited edition, and I recommend you don´t hesitate with the purchase, because the edition could be sold out quite quickly thanks interesting and highly colorful markings. The upgrade sets released as separate items are 1/72 Brassin UB-32A-24 rocket pods and Photoetch upgrade set, release under item number 72633[...]

SNAG-0006%2B16.10.03.jpg

SNAG-0007%2B16.10.25.jpg

SNAG-0008%2B16.11.18.jpg

SNAG-0009%2B16.11.50.jpg

SNAG-0010%2B16.12.15.jpg

SNAG-0011%2B16.12.38.jpg

SNAG-0012%2B16.13.10.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 6

Not that I'm wishing the months away, but is it October yet? I'm happy that the under-tail chaff / flare dispensers will be included in the kit; I had contemplated modifying what Zvezda provide but didn't really like my chances of doing it correctly.

In barely-related musings, I wonder if any of Eduard's work has inspired Zvezda to release a Mi-24P (Hind-F) sooner rather than later?

cheers,

Andrew.

Are any of the schemes appropriate for the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan (or the years immediately preceding & following)? :shrug:

No, the helicopter with red star is from Soviet invasion to Czechoslovakia. The Afghan helicopter is one of these, which Czech government donated to Afghanistan, so it is ex-CzAF.