1/72 - Mil Mi-24D/V "Hind-D/-E" by Zvezda - released - Eduard limited reedition - Platz Mi-24V/VP edition

Homebee

On 11/22/2016 at 9:53 AM, ya-gabor said:

OK, meet you at Plastic Zima.  Will take with me the book and I would be honoured if you sign for me the Hind book. 

Lucky you :)

I like Jarloslav's books, thanks to his 'Jedenapadesaty'  I know why in Soviet helicopter main rotor rotates opposite direction than in American choppers :lol:

P.

Edited by stakor

The Bratislava Plastic Zima show was great today! Excellent organization, superb lights in the main hall (now we can see), some perfect bargains . . .

It was a great opportunity to meet with Jaroslav Spacek and I got away with a signed Mi-24 book. Thank you!

Best regards

Gabor 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

as I couldn't find the link either I just asked them (Eduard helpdesk).

Within a minute I got a very friendly and polite reply informing me that the translation isn't ready yet.

The link will appear when the translation is finished.

I would also guess (but this is just an assumption on my part) that there might be some info on this in the monthly newsletter.

After all this mus be one of the fastest selling kits ever for Eduard :-)

And rightly so - gorgeous kit!

HTH

• Like 1

I think they were surprised as to how fast it did sell out last E-day, but that Saturday evening did Eduards shelves in general look like shops in the old days behind the Iron Curtain - they had to do some major restocking overnight.

KE

13 hours ago, thorve said:

After all this mus be one of the fastest selling kits ever for Eduard :-)

And rightly so - gorgeous kit!

Yes it did, but one has to add that the kit has nothing to do with Eduard, it is a repack of the superb Russian ZVEZDA plastic sprues!

It is also interesting that it is a kit of a helicopter, something that Eduard under its own kit design would never invest in!

Yes it was a very big surprise to the company!

Best regards

Gabor

13 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

It is also interesting that it is a kit of a helicopter, something that Eduard under its own kit design would never invest in!

Yes it was a very big surprise to the company!

Mi-8, Mi-17 and Mi-171Sh in Czechoslovak and Czech service???? ;) with HB kit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 71chally said:

It would be nice if this success kicked Eduard, or Zvezda in to doing a 48th Hind!

For Eduard helicopters are a no go area

For Zvezda the 48th scale is a no go area. Well they do few things in 48 but . . .  

Zvezda has all the scale plans to do a 48th but it is a question of will. It would be a management decision and since the real boss and founder of Zvezda has died a few years ago I dont know if there is someone there to take these sort of decissions.

Best regards

Gabor 

Edited by ya-gabor

I can remember that Mr.Šulc several times mentoined during discussion that Hind is his favorite....he never told "no go"....nevertheles,  it is not in Eduard middle term plans up to now. Moreover, I guess Hind in 1/48 is a beast ... you can expects bigger parts, bigger sprues and to make it, you need appropriate equipment....I guess Eduard do not have such manufacturing equipment now....but Who knows. ...May be they will upgrade their machinery and then there could be new Hind, New Flyingfortress, etc 😀.....I would expect Hind from AMK....or Anetra  (still working on Mi-8)

Edited by Petr

2 hours ago, DavidB said:

Are there any known plans for Zvezda to release a Mi-24P based on the existing kit?  I know there is a conversion for the P variant.

There are hundreds of plans but it is a question of will on part of management. Question of making a strategic decision in mowing into new teritory. This is concerning the 48th scale developments.

As far as the 24P is concernd I think I have seen somewhere that it is planned, but could not confirm it 100%.

The sad thing is that the D version is missing from the line. Still with time I am sure Eduard will release the resin conversion parts which are used in the box set. In the past we have seen the extra resin parts used exclusively in the boxed sets surfacing as separate sets after the box sets sell out. Well for this Mi-24 box set I dont think we will have to waite for long before they are all gone.

Best regards

Gabor

I'm even saw 3D renders of Mi-24P model, as Gabor saw Su-27UB renders few years ago.

One additional sprue for Mi-24P model were designed some times ago, but it only one question to release - good will of Zvezda head managers.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kotey said:

... One additional sprue for Mi-24P model were designed some times ago, but it only one question to release - good will of Zvezda head managers.

That's very interesting Andrey; I hope release occurs sooner rather than later. Now if only there was someone willing to put forth some decal options when that happened...:wink:

Andrew.

4 hours ago, kotey said:

[...] we will release separate decals for Mi-24Ps after model release

Andrey,

that definitely is good news - looking forward to this!

Please keep up the good work!

18 hours ago, stakor said:

HI Andrey,

And when will be Begemot 72-064 available?

I hope in the end of this year, i'm working about this decals just now - 

72-064%20Mi-24V-VP%20work.jpg

• Like 1

Platz has just announced a 1/72nd Mi-24V/VP "Hind E" kit - ref. AE-16. Based on Zvezda plastic. Release December 2019

Sources: 

http://www.platz-hobby.com/products/9378.html

https://hlj.com/1-72-scale-mi-24v-vp-hind-e-plzae-16

http://www.platz-hobby.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=9378&language=ja

Next up we have a 1/72 scale kit of the Mi-24V/VP Hind E, a kit that will quell the thirst of enthusiasts all around. With decals from Cartograf, builders can give this kit the love it deserves.

ae-16-01.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...