Tamiya Panigale 1/12 Tricolore

On a bit of a Ducati building spree at the moment and so I've started the Panigale kit now .

I've added the Tamiya fork upgrade set which I had originally planned to use on a Panigale Senna build I have lined up next the rest is all OOB though.

I drilled all the holes in the brake disks which wasn't quite as tedious as I thought it would be and added some more carbon fibre effect decals.

IMG_4475_zps4hvnemyc.jpg

IMG_4481_zps3aoatwcl.jpg

Fairings drying and awaiting lacquer:

IMG_4491_zpsarwd5ftf.jpg

Exhaust cover got the carbon fibre decal treatment (needed a lot of Microsol on this):

IMG_4489_zpsrpt3wldh.jpg

IMG_4487_zpsa06m8wj0.jpg

• Like 2

Great job covering that piece in cf.

Cheers - I cut the decal into three bits and tried to line the pattern up as best I could, it wasn't actually as tricky as I expected and Microsol is perfect for this sort of thing.

I was looking at some photos of the real Tricoloure version earlier and I noticed the fairings either side of the seat should be in white :banghead:

It's too late now to fix and I have no gloss white! so i need a rethink on what version this will now be. My choices are the standard all red or the Corse version but that has a brushed aluminium finish on the fuel tank and yep I don't have that paint either!! I do have another Panigale which I could take the unpainted bits from and just swap them over but the other versions is going to be a Senna (i.e. not red either!) so I need to have a rethink......

Bit more progress from the last couple of days.

I'm going for the standard red OOTB version now so the Tricoloure version will be a future build. Had a few issues with this today, the lacquer I used came out way too thick on some parts and went cloudy on others so I had to sand out a couple of bits like the front fairing where the visor goes, but a second coat of lacquer on the side fairings cured the cloudy effect. Not a huge issue as I should be able to patch this all up relatively easily.

IMG_1022_zpssozju6ze.jpg

IMG_1011_zpsbgik48vl.jpg

IMG_1017_zpsbyskrzjh.jpg